Intermittent Fasting Questions

Hi!

New here and I love the idea of The BulletProof Diet! would really appreciate some help however.. Specifically with the Intermittent Fasting part of the diet however.

Is this the optimal way to perform it:

7 days a week you drink bulletproof coffee for breakfast.

5 days a week you eat high fat, protein, vegetables and one small meal of carbs

1 day you eat low/no protein with veg, fat and small amount of carbs and 1 day eating eating loads of carbs with veg and high protein? 

1 day you eat mostly carbs with fat and veg?

If this is correct, how many carbs should I eat on the carb day and how many on the others? also on normal fasting days when is the best time to eat carbs?

Also is 1500 calories worth of butter and coconut oil a day too much to make the fast work?

Lastly.. With my bulletproof coffee can I take Upgraded Vanilla, Cocao Butter, Chocolate powder and coconut milk

together without breaking the fast? = There wouldn't be too many ingredients to stop the fast?

Thanks a lot guys! :) 

Comments

• I am no BF IF expert but yes 1500 calories of butter and coconut oil per day is not a good idea for anyone IMO. 

• Hi there,

New to the forum and to the bulletproof....quite at the end of my 2nd intermittent fasting week...

Now a question: going to introduce something for breakfast etc, but then, when to do again the intermittent fasting? 2 weeks on and 2 off?

Thanks

•  

Hi!

New here and I love the idea of The BulletProof Diet! would really appreciate some help however.. Specifically with the Intermittent Fasting part of the diet however.

Is this the optimal way to perform it:

7 days a week you drink bulletproof coffee for breakfast.

5 days a week you eat high fat, protein, vegetables and one small meal of carbs

1 day you eat low/no protein with veg, fat and small amount of carbs and 1 day eating eating loads of carbs with veg and high protein? 

1 day you eat mostly carbs with fat and veg?

If this is correct, how many carbs should I eat on the carb day and how many on the others? also on normal fasting days when is the best time to eat carbs?

Also is 1500 calories worth of butter and coconut oil a day too much to make the fast work?

Lastly.. With my bulletproof coffee can I take Upgraded Vanilla, Cocao Butter, Chocolate powder and coconut milk

together without breaking the fast? = There wouldn't be too many ingredients to stop the fast?

Thanks a lot guys! :)

What are you goals?

Weight Gain, Weight Loss, convenience? Immune reset?  General health?

Hi there,

New to the forum and to the bulletproof....quite at the end of my 2nd intermittent fasting week...

Now a question: going to introduce something for breakfast etc, but then, when to do again the intermittent fasting? 2 weeks on and 2 off?

Thanks

Do you fast for the whole week?  IF can be a compressed eating window, so you can eat every day.  

So once you start eating, you can just give yourself 8 hour eating window.  Then if you want to add occasional longer fasts, do so.

I recommend listening to to podcast with Brad Pilon. https://www.bulletproofexec.com/brad-pilon-eat-stop-eat-the-fundamentals-of-intermittent-fasting-174/

• What are you goals?

Weight Gain, Weight Loss, convenience? Immune reset?  General health?

Do you fast for the whole week?  IF can be a compressed eating window, so you can eat every day.  

So once you start eating, you can just give yourself 8 hour eating window.  Then if you want to add occasional longer fasts, do so.

I recommend listening to to podcast with Brad Pilon. https://www.bulletproofexec.com/brad-pilon-eat-stop-eat-the-fundamentals-of-intermittent-fasting-174/

thanks!

I try to explain: i've completed the 2 weeks of intermittent fasting (only BP coffee for breakfast, start to eat @2, 6/7 hrs eating window etc). Then, at the end of the 2 weeks, as per instructions, you can start adding something for breakfast, still keeping the BP coffee.

But,

when do I have to stop again my breakfast and going back to the intermittent fasting? (BP coffee only for breakfast and so on) doing 2 weeks on and 2 off is okay?

thanks!