Business Opportunities Around Paleo / Health / Bulletproof In The Uk

It strikes me that the Bulletproof Executive Forum might be the sort of place to find likeminded individuals. I'm interested in bootstrapping a 'health' business from scratch, or maybe acquiring a small one to develop in the UK. I have had quite a wide and varied entrepreneurial career, and by no means a dreamer. I have funds and sweat equity to put into the right project. I'm interested in particular in licensing, product manufacture and all things 'physical'

Anyone ?

Comments

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful
    If you were in Australia, I could do with a hand. I'm an experience development chemist that can just pull product ideas from the blue. I once designed an alloy wheel cleaner, that had never been done before... and now my current project is a cream for stretch marks. It's all varied - just like inspiration. The trouble, for me, is getting things on the ground, without working for a large manufacturing company.

No sorcery, just science. 

• I'm interested in particular in licensing, product manufacture and all things 'physical'
    2.gif
  • Ahem. I should have phrased that better !
  • ZakZak
    edited February 2013
    You guys should consider raising money through kickstarter or indiegogo. A lot of people are taking advantage of crowd source funding right now.
  • I agree with Zark. I have seen the same issues of many people are taking advantage of crowd source funding right now. You can also do the same to get some fund for paleo business

• You need a business / idea / project to fund first !

• What you thinking? I have skills ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Me too, I just dont have a good idea...

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

claysheeeeet.jpg

Idea is the most important thing! We ain't got Shit without it :sad:

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• There's a guy in Bangkok doing Paleo hot meals delivery - lunches dinners etc for a monthly fee- would probably work in central London

http://bk.asia-city.com/restaurants/news/paleo-robbie-delivery-paleo-diet-bangkok
  • edited September 2013

I've done a few things, and my experience is that a good idea helps get a good start, but:

a. good execution is about a hundred times more important, and

b. no business plan survives first contact with the consumer.

You have to start doing *something*, which -- regardless of how much time you've spent researching it -- will turn out being not quite the right thing; but the experience of doing it, and getting exposed to your customers/partners/benefactors will point you in the right direction.

Almost none of the big successes were what the founders planned in the first place (with a few notable exceptions like FedEx). I'm not in the UK, but I'd be surprised if that was fundamentally different across the pond.

• All agreed, still need the germ of an idea.

• So how many people we got with no ideas, but interested?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• 'raises hand'

• Who wants some ideas? This antipodean is happy to consult :)

• I'd like to hear some ideas. 

• If you guys are serious about it, we'll set up a skype call. Obviously, I'll want a small cut for helping you kick off - and I'll have to put a little faith in you guys too. I can do both the "blue sky" ideas and also nut out product formulations. 

• Happy to brainstorm by Skype / email......

• ZenfoodZenfood ɹǝqɯǝɯ pǝɔuɐʌp∀
    edited January 2014

I have a good idea:

"Biohacking lab."

You have everything there. Whole body vibration plates, floating tanks, oximeters, eMwaves, etc. Customers could pay per visit / annual membership, etc.

This could change their lives dramatically and it would be crowded... word of mouth (gossip) is a strong marketing tool.

P.S. If you decide to go with this idea I demand a lifetime membership for free ;) (I live in Finland)

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

I've always wondered why gyms never seem to cater for food or supplements. I suggested that to my old gym. "Why can't I come along and have you guys make me a shake with whatever I need in it? Protein, glutamine, etc?"

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Now that's a good idea. 

• MAGN3T5MAGN3T5
    edited January 2014

Once this technology is a little more accessible, I would love to see a heart rate monitor/emwave device wirelessly transmit and make the LED act as an indicator light to let me know what stay of coherence I am in at all times.

http://io9.com/5861725/engineers-have-created-an-led-display-you-can-wear-like-a-contact-lens

• I've always wondered why gyms never seem to cater for food or supplements. I suggested that to my old gym. "Why can't I come along and have you guys make me a shake with whatever I need in it? Protein, glutamine, etc?"

My local gym, LA Fitness, has a smoothie/protein shake section, where they do what you suggested.

• I somehow ended up with the domain bulletproofcoffee.co.uk if someone would like to work with me on it !

• edited March 2014

I have a good idea:

"Biohacking lab."

You have everything there. Whole body vibration plates, floating tanks, oximeters, eMwaves, etc. Customers could pay per visit / annual membership, etc.

This could change their lives dramatically and it would be crowded... word of mouth (gossip) is a strong marketing tool.

P.S. If you decide to go with this idea I demand a lifetime membership for free ;) (I live in Finland)

I had the same idea and have taken the preliminary step of becoming a HeartMath coach - I'd like to move to NeurOptimal training next, then on with focus training, vibe plates, float tanks, tDCS, etc. Anyone else interested in this kind of thing should pm me or tag back - let's do this and upgrade the world

*Edit: I live in the US... 

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Great idea! My suggestion is to find people who are already experts in all those fields and see if they would be interested in participating. It would be much more time efficient and people would get a better experience.

• Great idea! My suggestion is to find people who are already experts in all those fields and see if they would be interested in participating. It would be much more time efficient and people would get a better experience.

Thanks for the suggestion, Stevo!
  • I love this stuff and have long term I.T and Multimedia experience (web design, graphic design) etc.

If anything should kick off....