Ketones And Yeast Infections.

So I heard today that ketones can feed yeast just as well as sugar.  Since I've been drinking the Bulletproof coffee, I've developed yeast issues (not systemic candida).  Should I be backing off on the Brain Octane oil until I can get this under control or does increasing my ketones not affect the infection?  Thanks!

Comments

• Yeast are eukaryote cells so they can use basically the same fuels as we can use. Where to you have yeast? MCT oil in itself usually inhibit yeast.

Which Factors are Most Important for Strength Development? Find out on this episode with Black Belt Nutrition on Super Human Radio 

The 5 Best & Worst Supplements - A free insider report from Black Belt Nutrition

3 Steps to become a master Bio-Hacker - Part 1

• Yeast are eukaryote cells so they can use basically the same fuels as we can use. Where to you have yeast? MCT oil in itself usually inhibit yeast.

Just typical vaginal thrush...just wondering if I should back off the oil while trying to get it under control.

• I'd drop the oil now. And all sugar, or as much as possible. And consume lots of various polyphenols, herbal teas are the easiest way. Pissing out a bunch of polyphenols could only help your problems, I can imagine.

• googlealchemistgooglealchemist Alchemist

Interested in this as well after learning this recently....

If they can feed off sugar and ketones, how the heck are we supposed to starve them without starving ourselves?

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Lifestyle Designer, SEO Alchemist, Entrepreneur

• that is what i am wondering too..    

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

I tend to experience skin yeast infections whenever I go too low carb. I'm not a doctor, but this is what I've learned through my own experimentation, and from a ton of reading:

-- Ketosis is a bad idea for those with yeast problems because ketosis inhibits the body's defenses against fungal infections. Paul Jaminet has written about this.

--Eating more carbs and staying out of ketosis is key for handling the yeast overgrowth which may be behind these recurrent infections. ~150g/day seems to be good for me. A little more isn't a bad thing, especially if you're active.

--Yeast infections can occur if your immune system is compromised. Various species of yeast are normally found in the human body, but certain conditions can see the native populations spread/increase to bothersome levels. A compromised immune system is one such condition. Exercise, eat well and consider boosting your immune system through supplementation.

Don't listen to anyone who tells you to go super low-carb to kill off the yeast. All kinds of anti-candida programs and diets out there advocate swearing off carbs for a long time and lots of other keto crap. They're full of shit, and it's going to do a lot more harm than good in the long-run. I remember going practically zero carb for a stretch, desperate to kill the bastards. Didn't work. There are more comprehensive protocols you can use to hammer the yeast into submission in the long-term, but I'm not really in a position to give advice on that.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Just typical vaginal thrush...just wondering if I should back off the oil while trying to get it under control.

Ok, then use MCT and coconut oil as topical treatment.

In Vitro Killing of Candida albicans by Fatty Acids and Monoglycerides
    https://www.facebook.com/1000270519985042/videos/1179281395417286/

Which Factors are Most Important for Strength Development? Find out on this episode with Black Belt Nutrition on Super Human Radio 

The 5 Best & Worst Supplements - A free insider report from Black Belt Nutrition

3 Steps to become a master Bio-Hacker - Part 1