Blue Light Blocking Numbered Glasses

Hi All,

I want to get blue light glasses for my specific eye number.  I cant wear lenses as it bothers my eyes and so need to get my eye number into glasses.  I have gone to various optitions in India to ask about blue light blocking number shades but they have no clue about this.  If i get any orange / amber shade number glasses will they do the trick?  What specifically should I ask for if I want it made from my optition.  Is there anyway to order prescription numbered blue light blocking glasses online and have it shipped home?  Please Please let me know.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Hi All,

I want to get blue light glasses for my specific eye number.  I cant wear lenses as it bothers my eyes and so need to get my eye number into glasses.  I have gone to various optitions in India to ask about blue light blocking number shades but they have no clue about this.  If i get any orange / amber shade number glasses will they do the trick?  What specifically should I ask for if I want it made from my optition.  Is there anyway to order prescription numbered blue light blocking glasses online and have it shipped home?  Please Please let me know.

Thanks!!

I got a pair from zenni optical a few weeks ago.  i added my prescription and a 50% amber tint for an extra $5 and they work great!  I chose 50% so I can wear them during the day as well.

• I second the Zenni Optical recommendation. I ordered a pair of reduced Rx from them for cheap.

I was looking to order another and saw their Beyond UV Blue Blocking lenses.

http://www.zennioptical.com/beyond-uv-blue-blocker

Supposedly they are clear with no color distortion. Obviously they can't be as effective as a pair of Uvex blue blockers but I don't see how they can do anything without distorting clolor.

Any thoughts?
  • Hey, thank you for the comments above. I am getting ready to order a pair. The lady in customer service mentioned that they are not totally clear... they have a little yellow in them.

I have spoken to customer service and they said its 100% blue light blocking. Hope the customer service lady is correct in what she says. Can anyone confirm or give thoughts if their Beyond UV lenses block 100% blue light????

My other question is that most frames are not covered from the side. So light can enter from the side of the glasses. Should that be a big deal or make a difference????

Would really appreciate an answer to the 2 questions (about 100% blue light blocking and about the light entering from the side of frame) Please let me know quick as I am on a very short trip to US and would like to collect the glasses, but only if they are really effective in helping me sleep better and hence be less tired in the day.

• @Magamethi - I just came across this post today! I actually ordered two pair (no RX) of the Beyond UV glasses from Zenni. They do look like clear lenses. Until you look at something that's truly white, and then you can tell it's blocking blue light because it gets a bit dingy looking. And then you realize everything else is a bit dingy as well. Think of a plain white tee that's been worn for a year. It still looks white! Until you put it next to a new white tee. I don't wear mine every day, but I do wear them often when dealing with 8 hours in front of a computer (or nights when we go to movies and I have a headache), and I really do think they help with strain, etc. I can't comment if it's truly 100% blue light blocking, but they certainly help me quite a bit.