Help With Weight

Hi, I'm a Male Artistic Gymnast and I've been aware of Bulletproof since January of 2015. Ever since then, I've listened to every BP Podcast. I have tried using a low carb diet, high carb, fasting, and all sorts of different things. I would really love some input on what you would suggest a days worth of meals or some type of meal plan would be if I am 5ft 3in 133 lbs. I'm really trying to lose weight and keep strength but I cannot seem to figure out how. My target weight is about 126-128. Also, I train for about 4 hrs a day and travel a ton. All suggestions appreciated!

Comments

• Hi, I'm a Male Artistic Gymnast and I've been aware of Bulletproof since January of 2015. Ever since then, I've listened to every BP Podcast. I have tried using a low carb diet, high carb, fasting, and all sorts of different things. I would really love some input on what you would suggest a days worth of meals or some type of meal plan would be if I am 5ft 3in 133 lbs. I'm really trying to lose weight and keep strength but I cannot seem to figure out how. My target weight is about 126-128. Also, I train for about 4 hrs a day and travel a ton. All suggestions appreciated!

http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/15977-help-with-athlete-macronutrient-plan-please/page-1 

• Here you have a study with gymnasts getting ripped without losing strength on a very low carb diet. When they tried a diet with more carbs they didn't loose a pound. With that said, there are plenty of studies showing you can use high carb diets to loos weight. In this case these athletes were very ripped from start so most "normal" diets would not have work on them. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3411406/

Which Factors are Most Important for Strength Development? Find out on this episode with Black Belt Nutrition on Super Human Radio 

The 5 Best & Worst Supplements - A free insider report from Black Belt Nutrition

3 Steps to become a master Bio-Hacker - Part 1

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

Here you have a study with gymnasts getting ripped without losing strength on a very low carb diet. When they tried a diet with more carbs they didn't loose a pound. With that said, there are plenty of studies showing you can use high carb diets to loos weight. In this case these athletes were very ripped from start so most "normal" diets would not have work on them. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3411406/

this is off topic i know, but what i found a bit weird/interesting with that study was that it is titled "Ketogenic diet does not affect strength performance in elite artistic gymnasts"...but i could not see how they confirmed that it was ketogenic.  

Although the study talked of ketone bodies & ketones etc, i could see no testing to check.  

& i seem to recall that you need to manage/limit protein intake (as well as carb intake) on a keto diet, & as Jason mentions, protein intake looks to be around ~41%. 

fake it till you make it

• this is off topic i know, but what i found a bit weird/interesting with that study was that it is titled "Ketogenic diet does not affect strength performance in elite artistic gymnasts"...but i could not see how they confirmed that it was ketogenic.  

Although the study talked of ketone bodies & ketones etc, i could see no testing to check.  

& i seem to recall that you need to manage/limit protein intake (as well as carb intake) on a keto diet, & as Jason mentions, protein intake looks to be around ~41%. 

Yes, I can only agree. In the discussion they say the athletes were in ketosis but actual values are not presented. In general all data in a trail are never published due to the amount of it. But often I see relevant data missing which is annoying. I recently did kind of a meta analysis regarding which factors that contributes to muscle growth and strength increase and something like one third of the studies collected could not be included since essential data were missing. Now I'm looking into weight loss factors and same thing here that many good studies simply has not presented all data you need to make a mathematical model of it. 

Which Factors are Most Important for Strength Development? Find out on this episode with Black Belt Nutrition on Super Human Radio 

The 5 Best & Worst Supplements - A free insider report from Black Belt Nutrition

3 Steps to become a master Bio-Hacker - Part 1