Vision Hacking

During the summer, I have three months of vacation and I want to devote it to some intense bio-hacking. I spoke with my optometrist about my interest in vision hacking. I am going to purchase Meir Schneider's Yoga for Your Eyes kit and see if it actually does anything. We are both skeptical, but open minded and he has agreed to monitor my progress on a regular basis.

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential
    edited January 2013
    Good luck on that one; it's been on my list for ages. Takes a shit-ton of dedication (literally), but I'm pretty sure it works.

During my researching, I've determined these to be a great sources: http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sim_b_4 and http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sim_b_1 (have both).

Bates original works might be interesting, but probably of limited practical value.

For something alternative (if natural eyesight improvement isn't alternative enough, lol), you might want to explore 'osteopathy for the eyes.' I've been recommended that once; seems to work on similar principles as Bates Method, except you have a doc that works with you.
  • Thanks! I will give them a read sometime this week.
  • Here's an article about improving eye site through hormesis that might be helpful. Haven't tried it yet. Would like to.

http://gettingstronger.org/2010/07/improve-eyesight-and-throw-away-your-glasses/

That website has a few more articles on the topic as well as a forum where users discuss how using those methods have worked out for them.
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    A friend of mine runs this site: http://www.improve-vision-naturally.com/

She has had some success although I haven't asked in great detail.

A friend of mine runs this site: http://www.improve-v...-naturally.com/

She has had some success although I haven't asked in great detail.
    Just for anyone reading - that's an affiliate site.
  • The time frame is too good to be true. This stuff is hard work!

The time frame is too good to be true. This stuff is hard work!
    It is.
  • Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

This is part one of a vid about sun gazing, one of the benefits is repaired sight. Sounds crazy, but I'd love to try the protocol if I wasn't surrounded by mountains (horizon req)
    'Jason wrote:
    This is part one of a vid about sun gazing, one of the benefits is repaired sight. Sounds crazy, but I'd love to try the protocol if I wasn't surrounded by mountains (horizon req)
    He sounds like a nutjob... Sungazing is also a part of the original Bates method.

He sounds like a nutjob... Sungazing is also a part of the original Bates method.

If you can stand to watch both parts he's kind of a funny guy, person asks "can I increase the sessions faster? Reply "it's not fast food, just gaze the sun, no one is charging you". Somehow I don't believe he doesn't have to eat anymore because his battery is charged.
  • Would love to hear your progress, JasonHooper. I've needed reading glasses for the last two years or so (unless I stretch the book way out in front of me) and put a lot of the blame on sitting in front of my fixed distance computer monitor for too many hours per day. Everything I have researched (Bates Method clones) had poor evidence based in science. I can believe that with better vision habits, better eating, sleeping, and doing some vision distance exercises one may improve their vision errors...but so far I see it as being very anti-"hacking" as it requires MUCH effort for minimal results vs. MUCH results for minimal effort. Would love to be proven wrong, though. image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' />

Would love to hear your progress, JasonHooper. I've needed reading glasses for the last two years or so (unless I stretch the book way out in front of me) and put a lot of the blame on sitting in front of my fixed distance computer monitor for too many hours per day. Everything I have researched (Bates Method clones) had poor evidence based in science. I can believe that with better vision habits, better eating, sleeping, and doing some vision distance exercises one may improve their vision errors...but so far I see it as being very anti-"hacking" as it requires MUCH effort for minimal results vs. MUCH results for minimal effort. Would love to be proven wrong, though. image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />
    Yeah, it's kind of the same for me. It takes amazing effort and the disruption on regular life is astounding while you 'work on it.' I'm still searching for that 'secret method/teacher' before I jump on it. Kinda like BP for diet image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

There are three more ideas to consider:

- if you don't work on your eyesight, and it's bad already, you risk literally losing it, eventually. Probably not a big chance for BPers.

- if fixed, you'd improve not only eyesight, but also thinking, focus and everything brain related. It's a complex issue after all.

- for you it's minimal gain; for someone who is dysfunctional without glasses it's a huge gain image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

- IMO, if you just went ahead and did it, it wouldn't be that that hard for you - compared to people who wear big diopters, anyway.
  • My eyes are still quite good at (almost) 40. 4 years ago, I noticed that my left eye has sharper vision than my right eye. So I bought an eye-patch ($2 or so at the drugstore), and spent a few hours each night for a week with my better eye patched; The "worse" eye improved considerably, to the level of the better eye.

I believe the problem was insufficiently exercised lens muscle (don't remember what it was called). Definitely worth those $2, although I was single and child-free at the time - I'm not sure how well it will go with wife & baby these days.
  • in how far low vitamin A levels have an impact on eyesight?

in how far low vitamin A levels have an impact on eyesight?

Probably minimal - you can't cure shortsightedness with Vit A supplementation.

• edited February 2013

how to improve your eyesight..

http://youtu.be/t8fx03semo0

• Does anyone have any info on fixing a lazy eye?

Does anyone have any info on fixing a lazy eye?

Most good 'improve eyesight' books cover that. Check out my recs previously.

• Most good 'improve eyesight' books cover that. Check out my recs previously.

Will do.  I really appreciate all the info you guys spread around here.

• Pierre EklundPierre Eklund pierre.eklund@gmail.com
    Isn't a "pirates patch" commonly used for lazy eyes?
  • GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

I've read about CDP being a positive nootropic for use in regards to eye care. I haven't personally tried it just recently read about it when I scoping CDP out again. I might try and get some to my gma and see if it could potentially help her with her glaucoma. 

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

anyone know any more about this.

http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/3701-daves-orange-glasses/

post there if you can please.

• Some people on this thread may be interested in a visual acuity protocol created by Neurotheologist Todd Murphy (apprx 5 min read): http://www.shaktitechnology.com/evaglasses.htm

• Meir Schneider has some good exercises.. (like 10) but you have to be persistent with them if you want results

there's one very good where you do it outside in the sun with eyes closed.. after doing it, there's no need to have sunglasses when outside :D  

• Are there any worries about damaging the eyes with looking directing into the sun?!

you have to do it when the sun is just coming up or leaving from the horizon.

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

Don't so sungazing the guy who said he uses it to live has been found to eat in a cafe frequently, lol. A guy who made a documentary about sun gazing burned his retinas. Buy a light spectrum machine and stare into it if you care so much.