Vision Hacking

Comments

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

yeah that long duration stare definitely verges on sketchy, as the sun rises it gets brighter so there's risk/gain cutoff point.  It's not bright when it's just poking up, I wouldn't do it once the full circle is visible.  Finding a clean horizon is really hard in British Columbia so I've only tried it a couple times, rising up from behind a mountain is not optional haha.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Anyone played around with the Bates Method?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bates_method

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• I've heard over and over again that wearing glasses doesn't make your eyes any worse, but why is it after wearing glasses for an extended period of time it seems much harder for me to see?

I got my first pair of glasses a year ago, because I've noticed for as long as I can remember the lines on things seem a bit fuzzy. Apparently I have an astigmatism, but no shortsighted or farsightedness. Usually if I put my glasses on, I don't take them off until I go to bed, that way I wake up with without having been used to it, and I can see fine, well subjectively speaking anyway.

I like to wear glasses when I am watching TV / movies, or playing sports. It makes it a bit easier when driving if I need to find streets and read street signs, but other than that I don't really need them. Is wearing glasses going to make my eyesight worse, and can eye yoga help an astigmatism?

• Didn't Dave recommend doing HRV training for eyesight? I guess you'd do your eyesight training while staying in the green zone of the emwave2. He mentioned it on an earlier podcast.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Don't remember him mentioning that! got a link?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• If I were to try and focus on improving my mind set or vision. I'd probably invest in some eeg feedback over yoga. 

• During the summer, I have three months of vacation and I want to devote it to some intense bio-hacking. I spoke with my optometrist about my interest in vision hacking. I am going to purchase Meir Schneider's Yoga for Your Eyes kit and see if it actually does anything. We are both skeptical, but open minded and he has agreed to monitor my progress on a regular basis.

Can yo update us at all? I am looking to point my dad in the right direction.

• Would wearing shades help with prolong computer usage?

Indomitable- when you break you get right back up

• Pinhole glasses work without lenses but the ones I bought offgas so much it is hard to wear them consistently.  Also, you end up looking kind of dumb wearing them and they don't fit right.  I think it is the best hack as it were but there needs to be better fitting, no offgas, designed versions.  I would suggest just wearing them around the house and yard.

Google pinhole glasses and you will get more info about them.

• Pinhole glasses work without lenses but the ones I bought offgas so much it is hard to wear them consistently.  Also, you end up looking kind of dumb wearing them and they don't fit right.  I think it is the best hack as it were but there needs to be better fitting, no offgas, designed versions.  I would suggest just wearing them around the house and yard.

Google pinhole glasses and you will get more info about them.

What do you mean offgas, like the plastic is offgasing?

What if you leave them outside for a while in the warmth to speed up the process?

• yes the plastic smells terrible.  That might be a good idea.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

During the summer, I have three months of vacation and I want to devote it to some intense bio-hacking. I spoke with my optometrist about my interest in vision hacking. I am going to purchase Meir Schneider's Yoga for Your Eyes kit and see if it actually does anything. We are both skeptical, but open minded and he has agreed to monitor my progress on a regular basis.

=====

Back to the original post, Jason, did you end up trying any of this stuff? Any good results? I'm really keen to get rid of my glasses! :-D
  • Jason HooperJason Hooper ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013

I started this thread with the best of intentions, but did not anticipate some things:

1) Expecting our first baby

2) Interviewing all over creation

3) New job

4) Moving

5) Buying our first house

6) Fixing said house

Maybe next summer.  Sorry guys.

That's fair enough. You started a good thread however, lots of stuff to look into.

• edited August 2013

-I used Bates' methods and the "eye patch" method to go from legally needing glasses for driving (short sighted, with a worse left eye than right eye) to having no degree of vision problem, at all, in both (20/20)

-"eye swinging" techniques, and individually exercising the focusing of each eye from long, medium to close sighting were the key Bates techniques for me, it took me about 3-4 years to get my vision fixed, and I worked on it every day

-people that knock these methods, honestly, have no idea/experience about what they are talking of

-I recently read some studies that showed that people with better than 20/10 are almost guaranteed to play pro sports at some time in their life, so my current challenge is to go from 20/20 to 20/10 

-I heard Tiger Woods used lasik to go to 20/10, anyone tried this or similar? people with experience -- fors / againsts?

-any 20/9 hacks?

Reigning Former Inner Balance "Mad Monk" Champion... :-P 

• edited September 2013

Im currently part time in this experiment. I have myopia.

What I see that works:

-Magnesium (really helps with muscle relaxation)

-Eyes exercises - unfortunately using the word exercise is a misnomer. What is important is not to repeat, but to learn a new way to use your eyes. Deliberate practice of the eyes would be a better name.

Like Feldenkrais used to say, you have to gain counscious of the eye's muscles. Study a little about their muscles anatomy, it will helps to learn how they move for your self-image.

Try to isolate pair of muscles, with horizontal and vertical moves. Then work with the obliques (the hardest to learn in my experience). After that, try a dark room and learn how the eyelids impact your vision (you will perceive

that with them closed you will feel more relaxed).

To feel the movement is a better guide than to see. Your vision will improve and will degenerate while you gain more control over the muscles, so they are bad guides.

-Work with one eye at a time - try to be with the other one closed, That will make easier to perceive unnecessary strain.

Regards,

Elias Y

• curious if anyone has corrected more serious vision problems, and if possible how they went about it.(daily routine)

the paradox is you should remove your glasses to do these exercises/strengthen your eyes but if you have bad eyesight u cant do anything else while your glasses are off.

You've got to start somewhere I guess. What do you think of getting the next prescription along so when you wear the glasses your eyes end up being focused at the new prescription? Repeat, repeat, etc.

• alanalan
    edited September 2013

Jason,

My wife and I have done a number of things over the years.

1, I read a book on Bates years ago and did it half-heartedly but we still do the palming and some of the exercises

2. We both do the stuff Paul McCartney suggested plus a handful of others like peripheral vision exercises,  and some others. Maybe I will post a Youtube because they are very easy and only take a few minutes in the AM.

2. I discovered sungazing about 2008 or 9 and we have done it ever since. I met HRM in Toronto (I used to live in Ottawa but now on Vancouver Island). We went right up to the 45 minute mark and then down to 15 minutes exactly as he describes on his site. and then we went through the rest of his protocal till we got where we are now where we do 15 minutes three or four days a week.

My eyes @ 60 YO (I am a retired Corporate pilot) are pretty darned good. I only use reading glasses in the evening or for very small print. These glasses are the Dollar Store variety @ 1.00 diopter correction.

BTW my Pilot medical Doc in Ottawa seemed like a cool guy so I told him about the SG and so he tested everything he could think of and found nothing.

My wife was tested and prescribed 3.5 lenses and was advised she would need an operation by her next visit and it would be on her license "glasses req'd". 6 months later we started gazing and her next visit 6 mos after she started was 1.5 diopters. She can read large print. The operation went out the window and in fact the Doc checked her twice as she thought she made an error. My wife didn't tell the Doc about the gazing, as she didn't want to rock her world. The Doc said "Oh well sometimes patient's eyes get better, before they get really bad." Hmmmmmm.

Follow HRM's suggestions at  http://solarhealing.com/ . Don't listen to the idiots on some forums who try to speed up the process or stare at the sun for hours or at midday unless you want to get hurt. This is no place for heros. Follow his advice. You don't need to pay anyone for advice on how to do this. It is not brain science.g

BTW he answers emails, but be very nice as he is doing this as project to help the world. He is in his 70's.

You can gaze during midday or anytime, if you look at the reflection in fresh water, NOT salt water. Salt water reflects too well. Just put a bowl of water somewhere and stare at the reflection. Or you can look at the sun through clouds because it reduces the intensity. I measured the UV and it is OK. Basically what we found is that if it is uncomfortable then the UV is too high. Your eyes will warn you. It friggin hurts if the UV is too high. : ) Another option if you cannot do the early morning etc part, is to look through some trees which will cut down the strength.

Other than that, within one hour of sunrise or sunset is fine. In winter, it as OK a lot of the day, because the sun's angle is lower so there is less UV.

Somebody in Holland wrote a manual on gazing but I found their rules are not really accurate. Too many and they are so ridiculously conservative that you could not sungaze very often. We tested out things with a couple of cheap UV meters and they were consistent.

One curious thing that almost everyone notices is that your food requirement tumbles not long after you start. HRM says it is because the sun is providing you with energy.... hunose. When I stick to the raw diet I eat a lot less and feel no hunger. (I am surprised that Dave does not know about the paw paleo or raw primal diet. Maybe he does though, I just discovered this site.)

HRM makes some claims about fear and being disease-free and spiritual awakening......... hunose. I am not really fearful and I use Ayurveda and  raw paleo + raw dairy (somewhat Aajonus Vonderplanitz Primal Diet) to keep me healthy. (forum @ www.rawpaleodiet.com )

Re: the breatharian part, he is for the most part, although he does eat sometimes or have things to be sociable and I do not know or care if he is a strict 'anything'. It is a moot point. If you get to the breatharian point, it will happen naturally, you don't just stop eating, unless you have a death wish. He is a Jain from India and they are into not hurting anything.

I/We highly recommend SG, and as long as you have a minimum of 10% vision it will work. Email him for info on what to do if you have specific issues or post here and I will suggest things.

I wish I had discovered this when I was younger, but I'm thrilled I have discovered and did it.

• Hey guys, does anyone know of an eye doctor around NYC who would be willing to give me an under-corrected glasses prescription? Can also be in a surrounding state.

• KirmokinKirmokin freshpotential

My eyesight went from -3 to -2 after about a year of half-assed eye exercises, specifically "palming, shifting, and peripheral exercise" from yoga for your eyes (the entire video product is up on youtube for anyone to see), in addition to learning to relax the muscles around my eyes, which I discovered upon improving my vision, were tense almost all the time without me being aware of it.

I'd definitely recommend improving your vision, especially if you have a low prescription between 3 and -3. As mentioned earlier in the thread however, it does indeed take a lot of effort. But goddamn it is so cool at the same time, cause literally nobody believes it is possible to improve your vision without glasses or surgery, ESPECIALLY optometrists

Check out my site at http://www.fresh-potential.com

• I'd definitely recommend improving your vision, especially if you have a low prescription between 3 and -3. As mentioned earlier in the thread however, it does indeed take a lot of effort. But goddamn it is so cool at the same time, cause literally nobody believes it is possible to improve your vision without glasses or surgery, ESPECIALLY optometrists

Bunch of fucking brainwashed retards, obsessed with their internal literature. Thank god for the Internet. Thanks for contributing your input.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

I've been doing half assed attempts as well, like about 10% than I should have. My glasses are around -1.75- -1, I don't even remember which one. I hardly wore them in the last 1-2 years, and did some eye yoga but too little compared to how much I wanted to. Also I spend 10 hours a day in front of a computer.

Yesterday was the yearly fit for duty check at my workplace and the doctor made me read the eye chart. I forced my eyes and felt miserable because it was very hard. Made me feel like I achieved nothing. Then I saw that she wrote down -0.6 for dioptries. That is a definite improvement! :) I keep doing this stuff. Trying to make it part of my daily routine so it won't take any extra scheduling and willpower.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• I'm 56 years young and have been near sighted since my late teens.  I have a pair of glasses but rarely wear them (unless I'm driving somewhere I'm not familiar with) and my eyes have actually improved slightly this past year.  I have used a pair of pinhole glasses occasionally, but have not been faithful using them.  IF has helped improve my reading vision for sure.   I felt my close up vision slipping a few years ago and have managed to avoid reading glasses so far.  I do believe in watching the sunrise and sunset when I can without any kind of glasses on. 

• During the summer, I have three months of vacation and I want to devote it to some intense bio-hacking. I spoke with my optometrist about my interest in vision hacking. I am going to purchase Meir Schneider's Yoga for Your Eyes kit and see if it actually does anything. We are both skeptical, but open minded and he has agreed to monitor my progress on a regular basis.

What kind of vision do you have now?

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014

This thread, concerning sun-gazing:

c7e0eeab-6175-4223-95ab-a8555f1a065b_zps

Yeah y'all have fun with that.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014

This thread, concerning sun-gazing:

c7e0eeab-6175-4223-95ab-a8555f1a065b_zps

Yeah y'all have fun with that.

LOL the picture. It is supposed to be done at dawn and sunset, with closed eyes.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Went from -1.5 at last test 5 years ago, gave more focus within the last year to healing my eyes, went back for new exam and healed by half down to -.75. Almost there! Barely did any exercises, added a few supplements for the eyes, got adequate sunlight and visual stimulation away from a computer (in nature!) and held the thought firm of pure healthy eyes. It can be done!

• I got this book The Secret of Perfect Vision

I found the book a little to technical for my attention span.  So I just started incorporating baby steps from the book.  I stopped wearing my contacts to work or at work.  

I started wearing plus glasses at work when working at my computer and reading.

Anyone else try this method?

Vision hacking takes so much time and dedication.  The bates method...who has time to stare at things?  But I do try this whenever I'm outside.

• Hello,
    I'm very interested in eye yoga for vision correction, but near and far. Someone mentioned a full-length eye yoga video on youtube.com. If you know the one I'm talking about, would you please give me the link? And, out of curiosity, to those of you whose vision has improved, how long did it take of consistent practice before noticing improvement?

Many thanks!