What's The Most Relaxed You've Ever Felt?

I'd love to hear what activites/experiences have made people feel the most relaxed? For me, the Top 3 are probably flotation tanks, the best active yoga classes I've been to and when I have the ability to spend 4+ hours in a spa (cycling through steam room, sauna, whirlpool, etc...even better if I have a massage at some point in there).

What's the most relaxing experience you've had?

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

The post-coital glow, frankly.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• 1. Marijuana

2. Massage

3. Ashwaghanda

"Men are more easily wooed by imagination then by science" - Will Durant

Instagram

• Nice. Have never smoked marijuana nor tried ashwaghanda so I have some new experiences to encounter perhaps. Specific to ashwaghanda is there a dosage or type that you'd recommend to feel particularly relaxed? 

Any other experiences out there that match or exceed these in terms of total relaxation?

• J-rockJ-rock
    edited March 2016

I love it when my wife and I are watching a movie and she scratches my scalp.

• Leg workout at 530 followed by 30 min sauna then at 1030 I did some deep tissue work on my hips and quads (first time ever, per Supple Leopard book) I felt tingly and terrific, so relaxed could barely walk.

• edited March 2016

Nice. Have never smoked marijuana nor tried ashwaghanda so I have some new experiences to encounter perhaps. Specific to ashwaghanda is there a dosage or type that you'd recommend to feel particularly relaxed? 

Any other experiences out there that match or exceed these in terms of total relaxation?

I've only tried Sensoril(TM) because it's very potent and never really needed to experiment with anything else.

"Men are more easily wooed by imagination then by science" - Will Durant

Instagram

Sauna is definitely relaxing. A half hour, followed by an ice cold shower is bliss.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

• Thanks all. I tried ashwagandha but haven't really felt anything good or bad from it. I have Gaia brand from Whole Foods. Maybe will try Sensoril? Any other tips for feeling the relaxation from ashwagandha that others refer to? Or does it simply impact different people differently?

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

Thanks all. I tried ashwagandha but haven't really felt anything good or bad from it. I have Gaia brand from Whole Foods. Maybe will try Sensoril? Any other tips for feeling the relaxation from ashwagandha that others refer to? Or does it simply impact different people differently?

i believe it is the withanolides content that is important... 1 capsule of the Gaia Herbs gives you ~2.5 mg withanolides. 

a 125 mg capsule of Sensoril Extract (root & leaf) gives you a min of 12.5 mg withanolides (min of 10% withanolides). 

fake it till you make it

• Kratom --> sex --> massage --> coma

• Strangely, it was when I first got into the Wim Hof method but did it wrong several times a day. Two weeks or so in I was feeling perpetually high, like I'd taken 2 mg of xanax. 

Unfortunately, this was accompanied by serious respiratory alkalosis, and I woke up with intense paresthesia in arms and legs, had skull shining nearly all the time, and couldn't work out due to limb weakness.

In summary? I'm thinking of doing it again. Unoubtably, the cascade of creative verbalism I was experiencing was due to utter relaxation, not some nootropic per se effect. But life was oh so good.

Other than that, serious relaxation comes about after:

-- long sex

-- long gardening och outdoor physical activity

-- weed

• Strangely, it was when I first got into the Wim Hof method but did it wrong several times a day. Two weeks or so in I was feeling perpetually high, like I'd taken 2 mg of xanax. 

Unfortunately, this was accompanied by serious respiratory alkalosis, and I woke up with intense paresthesia in arms and legs, had skull shining nearly all the time, and couldn't work out due to limb weakness.

In summary? I'm thinking of doing it again. Unoubtably, the cascade of creative verbalism I was experiencing was due to utter relaxation, not some nootropic per se effect. But life was oh so good.

Other than that, serious relaxation comes about after:

-- long sex

-- long gardening och outdoor physical activity

-- weed

Wait, so the respiratory alkalosis occurred long-term after two weeks of breathing exercise? I'm confused, because I thought it was a short term phenomenon. I thought that's what hyperventilation was? And that it was easily treated by holding your breath/breathing into a bag.

By the way, how were you doing it wrong?

And what is skull shining?

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod
    Sleeping is the most relaxed I've ever been.
    My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
    edited April 2016

Anyone ever had sex in a sauna? The combo might be potent. 

I'm asking for strictly scientific purposes, of course.

• Wait, so the respiratory alkalosis occurred long-term after two weeks of breathing exercise? I'm confused, because I thought it was a short term phenomenon. I thought that's what hyperventilation was? And that it was easily treated by holding your breath/breathing into a bag.

By the way, how were you doing it wrong?

And what is skull shining?

Basically, I was only hyperventilating without the holding breath part and all. I did have persisting hypocapnea with all the symptoms of dizziness and low ion calcium (very difficult to contract muscles). Skull shining is when your head feels floaty and circled by a halo-like feeling. Kind of the opposite of a tension migraine.

• Close our eyes, no noises or distraction around, concentrate on breathing slowly 15 minutes daily. Not forget sit straight with good posture. :cool:

• meditation in the sauna after intense work out, while being carb depleted

after fasting Ive gotten unusually relaxed a few times and slept really well

MJ

^ and other related substances
  • dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016

handing out the love, or in actuality the 'Likes', on the BP forum is pretty relaxing. 

am i right   :)  ... 

you know the job has been done when you get this message "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" 

fake it till you make it

• ICE BATHS!!! Short ones.

• The sleep I get after a challenging neurofeedback session.

Check out my blog: www.electrichealth.me