Sweet Rice Flour

I have been trying to replace regular flour with Sweet rice flour, i have tested it with the Raspberry Clafoutis from the BP Cookbook. I have followed thoroughly the instructions.

Each time the result is far from expectation, the cake inflates in the oven a bit then it collapses, the end result Clafoutis is like half an inch high.

I have been purchasing the Glutinous rice flour: https://www.heb.com/product-detail/erawan-glutinous-rice-flour/534416

Am i using the wrong flour type?

Comments

• You aren't doing anything wrong. With no leavening the topping won't puff up much, if at all. There is a book called Simply...Gluten Free Desserts by Carol Kicinski. (Amazon.com). I received my copy as a gift. If you miss having really tasty desserts this boook is amazing. In the front of the book she gives directions for a basic "flour" blend using all of our bulletproof allowed ingredients. Except she addds leavening like baking powder or soda which can be found at your health food store to avoid the grocery store brands that contain harmful fillers. Her desserts are fabulous and you would never know they are gluten free. She uses sugar but I am experimenting using granulated xylitol instead. Her bread recipes are wonderful, simple, and most contain our "Bulletproof" ingredients. I hope this helps you.