80-20 Pregnancy Supps/foods/?

I'm gonna be an uncle again!

Recently learned my lil bro is gonna have a baby

I have a copy of Dave's newer book on the bproof diet which I'm going to give to him and his gf, and I ordered his better baby book...I'm not sure if the latter has any unique info that the former doesn't?

Until I get that...was just hoping to cover the most important parts ASAP as the baby is not going to take a pause!

Being a babyless bachelor this is one thing I'm not really up to speed on

My understanding on the most important points, other than the general, base bproof diet is:

-No folic acid as is commonly recommended...use real methylfolate. Unsure of dose

-Extra epa/dha with a higher ratio of dha for uber baby brain development. Unsure of dose

I skimmed over this section of the forum looking for relevant threads and read quite a few (thanks to all the contributors) but didn't find any main threads or outside blog posts by Dave going over this (which I'm sure there are, I found it strange I didn't find any)

Any other recommendations on anything related, including any common mistakes/myths to avoid...is greatly appreciated.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Lifestyle Designer, SEO Alchemist, Entrepreneur

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    Mum should have good Vit D levels.

Well everyone should, but probably more important for mum.

fake it till you make it

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

If the mother can keep things down, just make sure she eats a well-rounded diet packed with whole foods. Minimize the junk and load up on quality meats and veg. Dunno about the supplements; a good prenatal may be in order, but a lot of them have the same problem that many multis do.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• googlealchemistgooglealchemist Alchemist

Thanks guys

One other specific I was wondering about considering how huge of a role it plays in brain development is dosage of omega 3's.

Specifically thinking of using krill oil but reading an article at http://fixyourgut.com/octobers-guest-blog-post-thatstevenbaker-on-the-importance-of-krill-oil/ this makes it look like the general 1g recommended dose is good for anyone getting at least SOME via diet, but if not it should be upped to 2g/day.

That said, how much more would a baby (still in the womb) need on top of these amounts that the mother was using herself? And how would that change once he or she is born?

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Lifestyle Designer, SEO Alchemist, Entrepreneur