Hot Fudge Pie

Made this for dessert last night and served it warm with a scoop of "Get Some" icecream on top...HULLO INDULGENCE!! It was amazing!!

Ingredients:

1/4 c. Organic grass fed butter

1.5 oz dark chocolate (I just used about half of a Lindt 90% cocoa bar)

1/2 cup erythritol/xylitol blend (you can use either or)

2 organic free range eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1/4 c. raw almond flour

2 Tbls. Coconut milk (or almond milk)

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8" glass dish or pie plate. In a small pan on low heat, slowly melt butter and chocolate together. In a bowl, blend eggs and sweetener until well combined. While stirring, pour melted chocolate mixture into eggs and sugar until well blended. Add vanilla and milk. Fold in almond flour. Pour into buttered dish and bake for 25 minutes.
Tagged:

Comments

• sounds awesome! i actually made fudge last night, though it was remotely bulletproof except for the cocoa powder image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

have found it impossible to get the proper consistency in my finished product. while they're not coming out as soup anymore, still wayy too sticky/gooey when done.

(fwiw, i think those eggs you mentioned are not bulletproof)
  • I think it would be officially bulletproof (?) if I replaced the 2 eggs with 4 egg whites, and I think next time I'm going to use cocoa powder in place of the almond meal. It would essentially be a flour less chocolate cake which, if you've never had one, is awesome! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • 'flourless chocolate cake' is called 'fudge'. and i meant they weren't bp because they were organic (iirc there's..something wrong w/ that..think it's their feed)

and swapping out the yolks for more whites makes it less bp, too.
  • Instead if almond flour could you use Bp ungraded whey.
  • Can I use Bp vanilla or regular liquid vanilla?
  • I made this recipe today. I used Bp vanilla and organic raw coconut flour. It tasted real good. Great a another dessert to go too. Also pretty easy to make.
  • Oh, I like the idea of using coconut flour! Did you have to increase the liquids when you used the coconut flour?
  • I kept all measurements the same. Only thing I followed recipe and folded coconut flour in. Coconut flour had some lumps in it. When cooked lumps stayed as dry spots. It wasn't big deal, but next time will make sure no lumps before adding.
  • I also made this with coconut flour. I did some strange things to it... i added bacon fat, i used organic coconut sugar instead for sweatener but only used 1/4 cup. This stuff is awesome!!! For me ine came out like a brownie but it tastes amazing. Who would've thought eating a chocolate desert could be healthy for you and actually make you feel good after !!!! NIce thanks for the recipe.
  • i have made this 4 times now, this is the best desert ever
  • Lindt isn't bulletproof, it's full of soy.

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

@JayGould said:
    Lindt isn't bulletproof, it's full of soy.

exaggerating is unnecessary.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • What do you think about making this with collagelatin instead of the flour? I've never used it yet so I don't know what to expect from it. I wouldn't want gummy-bear texture but could it be used for some thickening?