Elysium Basic, Hoax Or Worth Trying

Hey,

Stumbled up on the http://www.elysiumhealth.com/basis which have anyone tested or have thoughts about it?

Tagged:

Comments

• Was wondering the the same thing. It keeps popping up in my Facebook feed. Anyone have any knowledge about this or NAD in general?

• Also wondering about this.

• I've been taking NAD supplementation for about 3 months now.   Its really just what you believe in.  Tests for lab animals show positive results.  Will it do the same for humans?  Most likely but do you want to wait 100 years for human studies to show results before trying?

I'm sure many people will ask how I feel after taking them.  I don't feel anything, but then again I've never felt anything from any type of supplements other than coffee or prescription drugs.

• Bumping this up. Any more thoughts or commentary from those who have researched and/or tried?

• edited November 2016

Elysium's Basis is made of Nicotinamide Riboside a precursor of NAD+ an enzyme involved in cellular communications among some other things. It also contains Pterostilbene an antioxidant similar to resveratrol that mimics many of the beneficial effects of caloric restriction.

You can buy both independently for half the price, the packaging of Basis is closer to perfumes than supplements so there is some added vale to the packaging that gets passed onto the consumer.

• Below is a link to a recent update from Elysium. They claim success in clinical trials.
    https://www.elysiumhealth.com/clinical-trial-press-release

• Curious if there are any other users here - I am going to give Basis a try. I tried to find cheaper options of the two supplements separate but, the decent ones are the same as Basis. if anyone uses it and has cheaper alternatives, I'm all ears because apparently the same US lab makes the Nicotinamide Riboside however the Pterostilbene portion is often knocked off (from China).

Need all the help I can get!

• wabisoupwabisoup
    edited April 16

The main ingredient is created and manufactured by one company chromadex so all supplements use the same stuff, only difference is the amount you're getting. Most recommendations I've seen call for 250 mg per day and the research I've read says the benefits don't change much after 1000 mg per day so no sense in doing mega doses. Each Basis cap is 125 mg and you take 2 each day.

I tried Basis for 2 months and found myself tired, so I stopped but I'm going to try it again next month to see if I feel the same as before or different. It has great PR and good people behind it but results are still coming in. I've also read a couple of articles recomending taking it for 30 days and then taking 3 days off before you take it again but I can't remember where I read it.. lol

• I've done a 6 month trial of BASIS, but have not noticed any results. Also, no discernible changes in my blood work or glucose readings on a daily basis.

• Thanks - I looked into purchasing the two different supplements contained in Basis separate (b/c like you said, I also read that Chromadex makes all nicotinimide) however, when you get them separate, it's about the same so figured might as well only have to take one pill a day.

Will give it a few months and then see how it goes. I'm starting supplements in general and am doing the ones that most recommend so may not notice the individual ones.

Momof08 - I wonder through if there is cellular changes that are not altered on blood work. I mean who really knows with all this stuff.

Thanks for sharing though.