Sore And Bleeding Tongue - Please Help!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have come to a dead-end with trying to figure out what's going on with me.

I've had a sore, red and slightly swollen tongue for a couple of years now. My doctor told me it's normal and a herbalist gave me some tinctures to take with no effect. No other health practitioner has been able to help me.

I eat only fruit, veg and meat and am very disciplined around this. I recently started an experiment to see if gluten, diary and or eggs was causing this. I've stopped gluten and diary for over 3 weeks now and have now just stopped eggs (for one week so far) but still no change. 

This is also coupled with digestive issues, mainly bloating, very smelly gas and pain in the abdomen area. I take probiotics (plant based) every day and eat sauerkraut most days. I've had stool samples for parasites/bacteria done. This bought back low good bacteria and some candida but not high levels and no parasites.

I've had my thyroid checked by my doctor with a blood test which came back clear.

I did a live and gallbladder cleanse 6 months ago.

I have a history of heavy drugs and alcohol use (clean for 3 years now) which lasted for a 10 year period. I also used to binge eat high sugar foods on and off for years. 

I live in the uk, I'm 32 and exercise 4 - 5 times per week (mostly resistance training).

I'd really love to see if anyone else has experienced this or could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Tagged: