Adrenals

What can I do to help my adrenals. I think there shot. I'm pretty dependent on caffeine. If i cut caffeine anything can i substitute that won't hurt my adrenals like ephedrine? Also any good herbs for healing

Comments

• My adrenals were shot, due to decades of stress and caffeine, but they are gradually coming back thanks to a wholesome Paleo-Bulletproof diet.  Lose the coffee and all other stimulants at least until your adrenals have recovered.  At age 83, I doubt mine will ever fully recover, but DGL (twenty minutes before eating) has helped enormously.  If you google "DGL adrenals", you'll see what I mean.  And, as Dave advises, don't skimp on the salt. 

• googlealchemistgooglealchemist Alchemist

1/4+ REAL salt mixed in a big glass of water first thing in the morning per Dave's recs. I often repeat that at least once later in the day, especially if outside doing any sort of heavy work or play. I add quite a bit of salt to my water and food as well.

Of course it's also a big picture approach, gotta have the rest of the foundation in place too.

• googlealchemistgooglealchemist Alchemist

DGL specifically? I've used licorice before for support, but always read the DGL version had the blood pressure/adrenal part of it taken out and was for digestive issues. I might have some of that backwards though!

My adrenals were shot, due to decades of stress and caffeine, but they are gradually coming back thanks to a wholesome Paleo-Bulletproof diet.  Lose the coffee and all other stimulants at least until your adrenals have recovered.  At age 83, I doubt mine will ever fully recover, but DGL (twenty minutes before eating) has helped enormously.  If you google "DGL adrenals", you'll see what I mean.  And, as Dave advises, don't skimp on the salt. 

• Well I wish I knew before I bought the BP products and been doing BP IF that COFFEE is not good when you do know you have adrenal support.

I am lost in these forums, people do not respond but I went through a hell last night after a perfect 10 days on BP eating and supplement protocol and being more anxious and more sleep deprived.....

So now I know this is yet another protocol I cannot do until adrenals are repaired but doctors do not address this not even natural drs...errrr.....exhausted, running on fumes, and overweight makes one an unhappy camper.... :shock:

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Don't try ephedrine by any means, it won't be any better for your adrenals than caffeine!

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.