People Suck

SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Totally random, but someone rear-ended me today on the way to the grocery store. My glasses actually fell out the window and I wasn't able to see a damn thing as it occurred. Thankfully, they weren't broken. Didn't get a look at the fucker, and they sped off down the road afterward. The back of my car is wrecked, but the thing is driveable. Filed a police report and all that, but the cop was like "Bro, thanks for filing the report, but nothing's going to come of this."

People are such assholes. What kind of jerk rams your car and then drives off like nothing happened? The damage to my car was substantial. No way they didn't fuck up their own car in the process.

I wasn't seriously hurt and I have insurance, so I only really experienced a few hours' inconvenience. Having the car in the shop will suck, but it won't be in there forever. Still, it makes me angry.

Anyone else ever had this kind of shit happen to them?

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Something similar happened to three ladies, and it led to this event: 

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Totally random, but someone rear-ended me today on the way to the grocery store. My glasses actually fell out the window and I wasn't able to see a damn thing as it occurred. Thankfully, they weren't broken. Didn't get a look at the fucker, and they sped off down the road afterward. The back of my car is wrecked, but the thing is driveable. Filed a police report and all that, but the cop was like "Bro, thanks for filing the report, but nothing's going to come of this."

People are such assholes. What kind of jerk rams your car and then drives off like nothing happened? The damage to my car was substantial. No way they didn't fuck up their own car in the process.

I wasn't seriously hurt and I have insurance, so I only really experienced a few hours' inconvenience. Having the car in the shop will suck, but it won't be in there forever. Still, it makes me angry.

Anyone else ever had this kind of shit happen to them?

Sorry to hear that, man. It happened to my sister on the freeway about a month ago.

I actually got hit on the freeway about 6 years ago by a douchebag who didn't have insurance and who was driving his friend's mustang. He pretty much admitted that he was still rolling on the ecstacy he took at the rave he was driving back from.

I'm about 99% sure he would have taken off after hitting me, and the only thing that stopped that from occurring was that his car flipped over after ricocheting off my truck. Oh, and because he didn't have insurance and because the damage to my car was substantial, my shitty insurance didn't cover it all. I was left paying a good amount out of pocket. In hindsight, I should have sued his tits off.

• CallenCallen
    edited August 2016

Also, I think it's time for me to invest in a dash cam. My sister is smart and bought one immediately after the hit-and-run incident.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Also, I think it's time for me to invest in a dash cam. My sister is smart and bought one immediately after hit-and-run incident.

Definitely. I think I may buy 2, one for the front, another for the rear.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

Man that sucks. 

Never had something like that happen to me. But it's true, people suck. Some of them anyway. 

We all make mistakes but when you mess up just take responsibility. If the guy is worth anything he will come to his senses and reimburse you for the damage somehow. If he does not he is a complete asshole.

• CallenCallen
    edited April 2016

Man that sucks. 

Never had something like that happen to me. But it's true, people suck. Some of them anyway. 

We all make mistakes but when you mess up just take responsibility. If the guy is worth anything he will come to his senses and reimburse you for the damage somehow. If he does not he is a complete asshole.

Lol. Stuff like that doesn't happen in America.

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

Lol. Stuff like that doesn't happen in America.

Not even this?  

• Uhg... Same thing happened to me a few years back. Got slammed into while I was at the right turn lane on a red. I ended up rolling into the guy in front of me. I was pretty young at the time, and naive. I got out and ensured everyone was ok, then asked everyone to pull through to the parking lot which was the right turn I was waiting for. The guy infront of me and myself pulled into the lot, but the culprit of the crash blew through the red light. Neither of us got the license plate number. I noticed the lady who slammed into me had kids (around 10 years of age) in the back seat. Way to set an example for your kids lady.. Long story short, the guy infront of me was pissed but had minimal damage and sent me on my way without much trouble, but after that, my trunk would not close..

Moral of the story: Take picture of everything/everybody before anyone moves their cars.

• 'People Suck' is my mantra!

I say it every day at some point.

People mostly do actually suck.

There's hardly any truly good people in the world.
  • We all just want that secret mountain lair (or seastead) away from people (who obviously suck), and have direct links to the best science and tech for longevity. While the world destroys itself over religious/differing opinions, we already have the spaceship ready to take our transformed selves away from it all. 

This is still the 50 year plan right?

• Indeed, people suck. Generally, whole humankind suck.

• Wait, how come no one was asking why Skeletor was wearing glasses?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=X8Nc8RCLy1s&autoplay=1

• "Bro, thanks for filing the report, but nothing's going to come of this."

This is the worst part of it all honestly; we are talking hit and run here lmao.
    When I was little, the police would arrive within minutes after neighbours reported us kids throwing vanilla slices and alike.
    However, when I'm able to pinpoint the person that stole my (3000EUR) scooter all the way up to his full official name, there's not even the slightest of efforts to try and catch him.

Gotta love the public sector, for many reasons.