Rhonda Patrick

CallenCallen
edited May 2016 in Gangster Banter

How does someone so intelligent and informed when it comes to health and nutrition follow such a bad diet (bad according to the Bulletproof Roadmap)? I'm listening to her podcast interview featuring Dominic D'Augustino, during which she says she consumes legumes, oats, and beans because "she loves fiber." 

It's also weird that she sings the praises of the ketogenic diet (she was instrumental in convincing Joe Rogan to start eating keto), but doesn't follow that diet, either.

In your mind, does this discredit some of her nutritional claims?

Comments

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016

The can be in moderation as long as your gut is fine. You can reduce lectins and phytates in beans by soaking them, fermenting them, and cooking them and they contain GOS's!

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2015/09/loading-up-on-galacto-oligosaccharides/

I like green beans and black beans.

Oats contain avenin that some people react negatively to as an opioid peptide. They contain beta glucans that are good immune stimulators.

I however do not like a lot of things she says about the gut. Some of the things she said about SIBO on Joe Rogan's last podcast were so incorrect I was raging at my phone.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• I think what many lose sight of is that Dave is a canary in a coalmine. Almost everyone else can get away with eating many things that Dave cannot. Dave's perspective is a good thing to try if you are at your wits end and trying to find your problem. Which is what 1% of the population? What I like about her is her podcast is much less commercial than Dave's tends to be. 

• zero33zero33 Thinks plants have feelings.
    edited May 2016
    i also think some forget that Dave's recommendations are not for being "healthy" in a generic sense - they are a "bio-hacks" to upgrade your body and mind to deal with high stress and high performance.

Coder/Shaper who thinks this is his blog: alienvir.us

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭
    edited September 2016

I think what many lose sight of is that Dave is a canary in a coalmine. Almost everyone else can get away with eating many things that Dave cannot. Dave's perspective is a good thing to try if you are at your wits end and trying to find your problem. Which is what 1% of the population? What I like about her is her podcast is much less commercial than Dave's tends to be. 

Considering the progression of gluten sensitivities in the First World, unless something changes in regulation of corporations' use of pesticides, as well as the increase in the prominence of EMFs (which probably make the gut leakier, since have been shown to make the BBB more porous), everyone will become as sensitive as Dave. This is the function of a canary. People need to leave the mine, or they will start to drop dead, too.