Bad Breath

Since doing IF i have bad breath. Any BP tricks?

I bought some PepperSmith fresh mints which have no Aspartame, only Xylitol. It helps but doesn't last.

Comments

• Is the bad taste in your mouth kind of a sour taste?  If so, you might be burning too much muscle.  One of the benefits of fasting is autophagy.  A prolonged sour taste in your mouth might be a sign that the autophagy is excessive.  If that's what's going on, you might need more protein in your diet (assuming that the protein you already get is being digested effectively).

• Not sour really, i was discussing with my friend who will do the Ramadan soon, he told me he has the same problem when fasting.

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

Since doing IF i have bad breath. Any BP tricks?

I bought some PepperSmith fresh mints which have no Aspartame, only Xylitol. It helps but doesn't last.

How much water do you drink during fasts?

• Water is a good point.

I drink water and lemon around 2 liters a day. 

• gnoobergnoober
    edited May 2016

upp the water to 3 liters, keep an eye on your protein intake ( calculate your needs, and calculate what you eat for some days to get a feel for it)

Also- make sure it is not a tooth infection. Flossing helps a lot- but I only got rid of my breath problems once I added an irrigator. So: brush, floss, irrigate. great.

You can also do a search on daves podcast for "dragon breath" ;)