Hf Diet And Fatty Stools?

CorstiaanCorstiaan
edited May 2016 in The Bulletproof Diet

Quick question: 

The shape, collar and smell of my stool has been changing almost daily ever since I changed my diet significantly. ( 4 months )

One thing has always stayed the same, which is that the stools always appear very fatty.

So, do you guys experience shiny, fatty stools?... curious rather this is linked to some kind of mal-absorption, or just excess fat consumption/ normal keto symptom.

Thanks,

Corstiaan

Comments

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

this is normal that you excrete more fat, but it can also be a signe that your have a problem with your absorption. (low stomach acid).

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• CorstiaanCorstiaan
    edited May 2016

Visited the GI doc for other lab results,

Said that there was no way for him to measure such a thing as fat malabsorption in someone on a HF diet, as the only test he could think of was a one time fecal fat count.

Then he kindly tried to  persuade me into discarding my diet as he believed a normal western diet has more ''variation''

Dunno about the stomach acid, was on high dosis of diclofenac and pantoprazol in March but I don't believe they could affect this long term?

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

Well, I don't like your doctor. Myy doctor could make me take a stool sample and the lab measure gut flora, fat content of the stool, ph, enzymes, etc. etc. the lab test said that I have a problem with fatty acid metabolism basically. Low stomach acid is basically the problem I refered to as fat malabsorbtion. Maybe mal digestion a better term...

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• CorstiaanCorstiaan
    edited May 2016

yeh, so I guess it can only be diagnosed if they'd directly find the cause of the malabsorption. merely finding a lot of fat in your stool says basically nothing.. especially in someone with a high fat diet.

• he believed a normal western diet has more ''variation''

Seems like a well researched legitimate argument. If only they sold "variation" in a supplement.

Just playing, I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know more than a Dr.

What is your digestion like in general? Steatorrhea is a common sign of SIBO.

"Men are more easily wooed by imagination then by science" - Will Durant

Instagram

• CorstiaanCorstiaan
    edited May 2016

What is your digestion like in general? Steatorrhea is a common sign of SIBO.

In chronological order my direct GI symptoms have been as followed over the past 17 months.

Very bloated, odd amounts of gas formation, month of ridiculous amounts of loud bowel movement, less bloated, on and off blood mixed in or on top of stool, 21 days of unbearable stomachache/cramp episodes lasting 14 to 20 hours a day with a full remission while on 100 mg of diclofenac for up to 8 hours ( 5 days of full constipation followed by diarrhea) , currently on and off constipation and near/ non-liquid diarrhea yet daily and always fatty.

• gnoobergnoober
    edited May 2016

Have you tried taking lots of betaine HCL (dave took around 20 tablets some time) with your meals, plus digestive enzymes and Pancreatin 8X? See what this does to your digestion.

Also look into primal defense tablets. 1 in the morning on emtpy stomach, one in the evening 2 hours after food.