Food Dogmas From The Other Side - If Meat Eaters Acted Like Vegans

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

Comments

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

Ultra-spiritual! 

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

• https://www.mindpodnetwork.com/zach-leary-ep-52-jp-sears/

Very insightful conversation between Zach Leary and JP Sears (the Ultra Spiritualist). 

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭

I freaking hate this.

But so true!

Not at all. Gluten sensitivity is a serious issue. If I could eat these things which taste so good, I wouldn't make up a sensitivity just for a stronger control over my peers like this guy suggests. Totally insulting. Not funny at all. Just an a-hole thing to say.

Not at all. Gluten sensitivity is a serious issue. If I could eat these things which taste so good, I wouldn't make up a sensitivity just for a stronger control over my peers like this guy suggests. Totally insulting. Not funny at all. Just an a-hole thing to say.

UNLESS... now I only watched it once! Unless he's doing two layers of irony and making fun of the notion that others would think that's the motivation behind gluten intolerance. Then it's good. Trying to unpeel the layers here as I watch his interview with Dave.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

Very cool. I like how Dave can make fun and doesn't seem to take himself too seriously because he has enough confidence to make jokes, he's not offended because he knows his values, that's a great quality in a person.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

UNLESS... now I only watched it once! Unless he's doing two layers of irony and making fun of the notion that others would think that's the motivation behind gluten intolerance. Then it's good. Trying to unpeel the layers here as I watch his interview with Dave.

I don't want to get into any politics, and I know next to nothing about U.S. politics, but do you know John Oliver? He touches on some terribly sad and tragic subjects, lots of injustice and stupidity, and presents them while making people laugh and making fun. Not out of disrespect of these issues but because sometimes humor is the way to really make people connect to you and open them to the problems you are presenting. He makes some very fitting metaphors, using humor to show how absurd things in the real world are. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, I think oftentimes a good, funny metaphor is worth just as much. If someone is making fun, it is not necessarily disrespectful. It's just another way to look at things. Some people (me included) make jokes as a defense mechanism because they know some things are unbearably tragic and overtalked, therefore people lost their sensitivity, they heard these so many times they can't be touched anymore. Too many shocking content and too little care. But if you make a good funny comparison, that will stick and start working in people's minds.

Sure, but the fact remains that the overwhelming majority of people staying gluten sensitivity have not taken the tTG-IgA test to verify it, and declared themselves sensitive by either an anti gluten book, a friend or other person stating all illness symptoms are gluten related, or seeing a gluten free product and just following a trend leading to one of the first two. I've seen so many people give the smug "I don't eat gluten" response just to look superior or advanced in some way, it's cute really.

I did my own gluten sensitivity test. I eliminated it, noticed a positive change (no more RA), then reintroduced it and felt like crap. Rinse and repeat. Found the cause of my RA.

edited September 2016

I don't want to get into any politics, and I know next to nothing about U.S. politics, but do you know John Oliver? He touches on some terribly sad and tragic subjects, lots of injustice and stupidity, and presents them while making people laugh and making fun. Not out of disrespect of these issues but because sometimes humor is the way to really make people connect to you and open them to the problems you are presenting. He makes some very fitting metaphors, using humor to show how absurd things in the real world are. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, I think oftentimes a good, funny metaphor is worth just as much. If someone is making fun, it is not necessarily disrespectful. It's just another way to look at things. Some people (me included) make jokes as a defense mechanism because they know some things are unbearably tragic and overtalked, therefore people lost their sensitivity, they heard these so many times they can't be touched anymore. Too many shocking content and too little care. But if you make a good funny comparison, that will stick and start working in people's minds.

Yes, I get humor. If I'm the target though, sometimes I get ticked off. This sketch more represents the amount of misunderstanding there is involving food sensitivities. It's a really annoying problem to have, and you already get enough guff about it when you're "transitioning." I don't need this guy adding insult to injury, even if he does it pretty well.

• MLS your way too sensitive to everything and take everything too serious. Don't you ever just start chuckling to yourself about the sense of humor the universe, or god, or whatever you want to call it has?

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”