Skin Issues On Bp Diet
Hi guys this is my first post after starting BP about 3/4 weeks ago and losing about 12 pounds so far. I've gone back through old posts to see if this has come up before and while there are some posts close, nothing 100% covers my query.
I had been eating a nut-based 'porridge' for breakfast up to a week ago which I cut out a week or so ago so a typical day looks like:
- Typical breakfast is 3 rashers of bacon, 2 boiled eggs and 1tsp of MTC oil (I really dislike the taste of coffee so haven't gone down the BP Coffee route). I also supplement with vitamin D3/K2 and Krill oil at this time;
- Lunch is a 'paleo lasagna' of my own design - grassfed beef / lamb mince with spinach and courgette, some coconut aminos and some herbs / spices, topping is pureed cauliflower, butternut squash and olive oil (tastes better than it sounds). I have this with some salad and homemade avocado mayo (egg yolk, apple cider vinegar, mustard, olive oil, paprika, avocado);
- Dinner is typically chicken breast with broccoli, asparagus or similar with the avocado mayo;
- I have a mixture of goji berries and raw cacao nibs at work to snack on if needs be during the day;
- I drink water or water with lemon.
This week I've noticed a significant drying of the skin around my face; on the cheeks, temples, and forehead - this morning it looked horrendous. I put some coconut oil on there to see if that would help but has just made it look red.
I'm guessing I'm either not getting enough or getting too much of something but at a bit of a loss on what to do - I wondered about cutting out eggs but I've eaten eggs my whole life with no issues.
Any help would be great!!