Skin Issues On Bp Diet

Hi guys this is my first post after starting BP about 3/4 weeks ago and losing about 12 pounds so far. I've gone back through old posts to see if this has come up before and while there are some posts close, nothing 100% covers my query.

I had been eating a nut-based 'porridge' for breakfast up to a week ago which I cut out a week or so ago so a typical day looks like:

• Typical breakfast is 3 rashers of bacon, 2 boiled eggs and 1tsp of MTC oil (I really dislike the taste of coffee so haven't gone down the BP Coffee route). I also supplement with vitamin D3/K2 and Krill oil at this time; 
  • Lunch is a 'paleo lasagna' of my own design - grassfed beef / lamb mince with spinach and courgette, some coconut aminos and some herbs / spices, topping is pureed cauliflower, butternut squash and olive oil (tastes better than it sounds). I have this with some salad and homemade avocado mayo (egg yolk, apple cider vinegar, mustard, olive oil, paprika, avocado);
  • Dinner is typically chicken breast with broccoli, asparagus or similar with the avocado mayo;
  • I have a mixture of goji berries and raw cacao nibs at work to snack on if needs be during the day;
  • I drink water or water with lemon.

This week I've noticed a significant drying of the skin around my face; on the cheeks, temples, and forehead - this morning it looked horrendous. I put some coconut oil on there to see if that would help but has just made it look red. 

I'm guessing I'm either not getting enough or getting too much of something but at a bit of a loss on what to do - I wondered about cutting out eggs but I've eaten eggs my whole life with no issues.

Any help would be great!!

Comments

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Re the coconut oil on your face, have you been using before this morning...

If so & this is a fairly recent addition, then the coconut oil on the skin may be the issue. It is for some people.

MCT oil is even worse for me, dries my skin out almost instantaneously.

Ignore all this if you have not recently started using CO on your skin.

fake it till you make it

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    If not above,

have you overly restricted your omega-6 fats, I think this can be an issue for a minority of people.

If this applies to you, supplementing with evening primrose oil, for the gamma linolenic acid (GLA) may help.

fake it till you make it

• Only used coconut oil today for the first time as it was so bad. I have also been trying to avoid hot showers etc...

• I feel ya man, 

After adapting my diet to be more bulletproof I started having multiple GI symptoms, including severe ones.

Later my skin started breaking out as if I was 16 again, my wound healing seems to be horribly slow and scars were formed for the first time ever at the age of 23.

I also started using a self tan lotion, it's hard to determine what the actual cause is.

This week I've noticed a significant drying of the skin around my face; on the cheeks, temples, and forehead - this morning it looked horrendous. I put some coconut oil on there to see if that would help but has just made it look red. 

Been there, done that, doesn't seem sustainable. The MCT makes my face appear very fatty over time, yet it doesn't really get through the deeper skin layers, so it seems.

My back is also suffering from severe dryness, I have like zero acne on my back, yet I have scars and wounds due to pure dryness.

Trying to find out the best products to fight this topically now.