Salad Dressing For Skye's Plan

Hey girls,

I've been following the book no fail fat loss by Skye St. John (as I'm sure many of you too) and I struggle with salad dressings, I have not eaten any salads since I started. Does anyone have a good recipe for me that's within the guidelines? I'm not seeing anywhere that we can use any kind of vinegar. Help is greatly appreciated :)

Sandra

Comments

• edited June 2016

The most basic salad dressing recipe = 1 part acid to 3 parts fat. 

Common acids include vinegars, lemon juice, lime juice, or a fresh-squeezed citrus juice blend.

Choices for fats include avocado oil, coconut oil, any other cooking oil, paleo mayo, avocados, etc.

Variations can include salt, pepper, seasonings, fresh herbs, berries (for a fruity dressing), honey, xylitol and pepper sauce.

My favorite go-to salad dressing is Brain Octane oil + lemon juice + a splash of apple cider + seasonings. Add more oil, 1/4 avocado or a spoon full of homemade paleo mayo (eggs + oil + lemon + mustard powder) for a creamier texture.

I haven't read Skye's book, but I *believe* I've seen a reference to Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar on her website, and I think that's okay on her protocol. I know lemon juice is acceptable, so if you really want to play it safe, just do a lemon vinaigrette with lemon + oil + salt & pepper.

• Thank you so much!! I'll give it a try :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file