Is It Possible To Do Bp Without Coffee And Brain Octane?

Hello,

I am unable to tolerate coffee and brain octane.  I am wondering if there are other BP who can't tolerate these items and what your morning breakfast is and if you do IF.

Thank You!

Jess

Comments

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

Yes absolutely, you can do BP without it. The coffee and Brain Octane (or MCT oil if you will) are an added bonus but in no way necessary.

You could eat any greenzone BP foods for breakfast. Depending on your activity levels you might want to time your macro's but in the bigger picture you really only need to focus on getting enough food and getting the right food.

• Hello,

I am unable to tolerate coffee and brain octane.  I am wondering if there are other BP who can't tolerate these items and what your morning breakfast is and if you do IF.

Thank You!

Jess

There are many other fats you could add to tea.

Why can't you tolerate them? Too much mct can upset your stomach, so you can use less at first.

I did four days of rflp where I ate only fat. At the end of the third day, the thought of fat nauseated me. On the fourth day I ingested nothing but mint tea. That is not the diet for me!
  • Thank you for your replies!  

I have been eating grass fed ground beef, 1TB of butter and 2 cups of organic cauliflower for breakfast.  I just love the idea of having to not make  breakfast and do BP coffee in stead.  But unfortunately it isn't for me right now.  My goal is to be less high maintenance.  Coffee (even 1/8 cup) gives me insomnia.  MCT oil makes me breakout in a rash, but oddly I can do coconut milk.  My doctor thinks that even though BP MCT oil is the best, it still has mold in it and I could be reacting to that.  But I think it is a 'me' problem because I react to most foods.  Until I get my gut in prestine condition, I have to be careful what I consume.

I am travelling to Asia for work for 2 weeks and was looking for simple foods I can take with me.  

Thank you again for responding.

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

I don't think it's mold in MCT that is an issue here, especially not Bulletproof MCT oil given Dave's aversion to mold. MCT is simply a refined version of a refined product (coconut oil). In other words it is several steps away from its natural package (coconut). Not everyone will react well to such a refined product. 

And apparently you are very sensitive to caffeine as well, so it's better to not drink Bulletproof coffee. And if you want something simple for breakfast try decaf coffee or tea and use coconut oil or milk (and butter) instead of MCT oil. You'll still have an easy high fat breakfast that tastes fine.