Help! My Town Stopped Selling Grass-Fed Butter!

I live in a small, blue-collar mountain town in northeast PA surrounded by other small, blue-collar mountain towns.  There are only three grocery stores here (four if you include our town's Walmart), and only ONE of them was selling organic, grass-fed, unsalted butter needed for Bulletproof Coffee...until I just went to shop there again this morning to replenish my butter supply.  I found they stopped stocking the ONE brand of grass-fed unsalted butter that they had previously carried!

Now, NOWHERE in town sells Bulletproof-approved butter!  And I can't drive so I can't go to any neighboring towns to get any!  And ordering it online means it has to be overnighted which I can't afford!!

So what do I do?!  Is grain-fed unsalted butter okay?  Should I try making my own butter?  I freaking HATE living in such a food desert!

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    All of the Walmarts around me sell Kerrygold. Have you checked there?

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• I checked.  Our Walmart doesn't sell Kerrygold or any other grass-fed butter.

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

Target, Kroger, Tom Thumb, Albertsons, Brookshires, Natural Grocers, Whole Foods, Drug Emporium, and Sprouts all sell grass-fed butter. Grass-fed cream turns into grass-fed butter when you shake it. 

You can order ghee on Amazon.

Find a local farmer and turn their cream into butter!

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    Ok, assuming that you really can't source good butter anywhere, you have some other options. Can you find ghee? Even conventional ghee is decent, provided it doesn't have extra ingredients. Conventional butter is less flavorful and nutritious than grassfed, but I'd stop short of calling it harmful. If you need butter in your life, conventional is fine. I eat it all the time (but then, I'm more loosey-goosey than most). Might be better to just prioritize other BP fats for the time being, though. Also, conventional butter probably won't taste as good in coffee as pastured. Might wanna skip the BP coffees for a while, or make them with the best cream you can find.

Sucks that your options are limited, but don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Eating the cleanest foods you can find, even if not 100% pastured, is still a good way to eat. Don't let it stress you out!

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• If you haven't already

http://www.eatwild.com/ 

http://www.realmilk.com/real-milk-finder/

Also since your in pa check this out http://agmap.psu.edu/ might help out as well.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”