Once Again, Scientific Evidence Supports Bulletproof/paleo/high-Fat

Comments

• If calories matter, why is there case after case of people eating 4500 calories or more and not gaining the expected amount of weight? Why has the model not been adjusted if metabolism comes into play? You admit that it's more complicated than calories in/out, yet you continue to say "both are right." You can't have both. CICO is outdated and wrong.

How many cases, exactly? I've only heard Dave's case, and I'm not sure I buy it. In any case, the answer would be that one either burned more calories, or failed to use them and sent them right into the toilet.

What model? Mainstream diet science is all over the place, and pretty much the only thing doctors have agreed upon on a large scale is that meat is bad and grains are the best thing ever. Besides, metabolism is most definitely part of the CICO model anyway. It's the "calories out" part.

I didn't say it was more complicated than CICO. I implied that CICO ITSELF is complicated. Counting calories on a nutrition label and subtracting a highly inaccurate BMR from it will not suffice. That's where we agree.

So you tell me. If they don't go into muscle/fat/other, they're not burnt, and they're not in the toilet, where are they?

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

And I'm not trying to "understand" it. I'm trying to understand why those who claim that CICO is always true will not step back and say they were wrong, that so many other issues come into play. Then they can go forward and redefine the significance of a calorie. Instead, you (barely) admit it's more complicated when you can't refute the evidence to the contrary, and then you pretend that that was part of the definition all along. I can only say it's pride, and in fact, your refusal to understand the subject.

There is no reason to say it is wrong, using science and the relevant equipment every calorie can be accounted for, without the expensive finely tuned equipment you can get very close, close enough to find a baseline to which you can then make specific adjustments to create an effect. The higher you go with the level of professionalism, you will find the higher the accuracy and detail of the measuring is. The difference between performing mathematics on your fingers and using a calculator is the same as the difference between using bloops and splashes instead of a scale and a food app.
    My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭

sterons, obviously

But more seriously: This dude doesn't even enjoy Arthur. He's a lost cause.

I like Arthur.

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

Feel free to give me some examples of independent entities caught "lying" on the Internet for personal gain. I doubt any of it can rival the deception, spin, and censorship that occurs at the hands of the governments of North Korea, China, European Union, and the U.S. (among many who operate in the same corrupt manner).

Every Creationist ever. Young Earthers. Flat Earthers. Holocaust Deniers. Donald Trump. People selling Amygdalin/Laetrile/Vitamin B-17 as a cancer cure. People who talk about structured water. Every single psychic who has ever been tested. People who claim to be able to talk to your dead loved ones. People who claim to channel the Pleiadians. Anyone offering subprime mortgages and telling you "it'll be fine, payments are easy to keep up with". The "Health Ranger". Credit card companies. Conservapedia.com. Breathanarians. That Nigerian Prince. Crystal healers. Penis enlargement supplement companies. Instagram models. The guys running the Kickstarter for that water bottle that claims to fill up from water in the air. The guys running the Kickstarter for the personal rebreather thing. People claiming to have invented products that they just rebranded and sold at a markup. Bork Bork Ur Doin Me A Frighten pictures, those dogs don't really say those things!

• Flat Earthers.

Every Creationist ever. Young Earthers. Flat Earthers. Holocaust Deniers. Donald Trump. People selling Amygdalin/Laetrile/Vitamin B-17 as a cancer cure. People who talk about structured water. Every single psychic who has ever been tested. People who claim to be able to talk to your dead loved ones. People who claim to channel the Pleiadians. Anyone offering subprime mortgages and telling you "it'll be fine, payments are easy to keep up with". The "Health Ranger". Credit card companies. Conservapedia.com. Breathanarians. That Nigerian Prince. Crystal healers. Penis enlargement supplement companies. Instagram models. The guys running the Kickstarter for that water bottle that claims to fill up from water in the air. The guys running the Kickstarter for the personal rebreather thing. People claiming to have invented products that they just rebranded and sold at a markup. Bork Bork Ur Doin Me A Frighten pictures, those dogs don't really say those things!

Your first 5 are bull. What do they personally have to gain? People laugh at all 5 of those people. Name one Donald Trump lie. He has a different opinion of the truth, maybe, but he's a great example of someone telling you things that the mainstream media will not cover because it's either inconvenient to the establishment, or it's politically incorrect.

Neil deGrasse Tyson: perfect example of a shill for the establishment. Macroevolution has never been proven. Uh-oh now I done it. Must be for personal gain that I lied about that.

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

Everyone lies, and you forgot Hillary Clinton in your list. The problem with most people is that it is black or white, no gray. Sparefilms, have you been to space? If you haven't then, flat Earth theory might have a .01% chance of being true, if you haven't seen it for yourself. Some people were cured by Amygdalin, is it the best way to treat cancer? I believe it is not even close. Everything is not one thing or the other, did Amygdalin cure some peoples cancer, maybe, did everyone die taking it from cancer, probably not.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

edited June 2016

Your first 5 are bull. What do they personally have to gain? People laugh at all 5 of those people. Name one Donald Trump lie. He has a different opinion of the truth, maybe, but he's a great example of someone telling you things that the mainstream media will not cover because it's either inconvenient to the establishment, or it's politically incorrect.

Creationists and Young Earthers make tons of money through donations, because they target the overly-religious. Holocaust deniers and Flat Earthers forward their own agendas, gaining money through video views and spreading their anti-history or anti-science messages at the same time.

Donald Trump said he donated money to veterans organizations, but it was found out that he did not. When it was reported on, those organizations were contacted and informed news sources that the checks Donald claimed to send were dated the day after the news reported that he didn't donate to them. He also lied about Trump steaks, they are simply rebranded from a mass processing plant. He lied about Trump Water, the water is processed and bottled tap water not spring water. He lies about his net worth. He lies about being an "America First" businessman, his products are made in China. He lies about being a successful business man, when he actually runs a business they fail. Successful businesses with the Trump branding are licensing his brand name. He lies constantly in each interview, and contradicts himself within two sentences! It's so easy to find Trump telling a lie on the internet! Think he is antiestablishment? He spent the last half a century buying favors from the establishment. He is the establishment. His whole image is a giant marketing scheme, creating the illusion of wealth. He has to lie.

EDIT: He also claimed he was funding his own campaign. Lie. (Actually also a classic case of campaign contribution fraud, funneling the money back into his own resorts and facilities for "campaign events", essentially taking donor's money and putting it into his own pocket. Palin did the same thing back in the day.)

Everyone lies, and you forgot Hillary Clinton in your list. The problem with most people is that it is black or white, no gray. Sparefilms, have you been to space? If you haven't then, flat Earth theory might have a .01% chance of being true, if you haven't seen it for yourself. Some people were cured by Amygdalin, is it the best way to treat cancer, I believe not. Everything is not one thing or the other, did Amygdalin cure some peoples cancer, maybe, did everyone die taking it from cancer, probably not.

The best lies mix just enough truth to get you to swallow them. I merely listed those off the top of my head that met the requirements of the challenge. (It's harder to catch Hilldog in an outright lie, so I left her out. Trump is laughable, just listen to him speak more than one sentence.)

The shape of the Earth is not predicated on a human traveling to space. The flat earth "claim" (I won't call that a theory, even colloquially) can be debunked with two sticks of equal height, a tape measure, and a telephone. Or a high powered telescope, a boat, and the ocean. We have known the shape of the earth since 6th century B.C.E.

Ingesting amygdalin has been shown to have lead to a number of deaths and has zero evidence corroborating the claim that it cures cancer. Claiming it cures cancer is a lie, selling it is a scam, and taking it nets you a Darwin Award.

edited June 2016

Macroevolution has never been proven. Uh-oh now I done it. Must be for personal gain that I lied about that.

Probably not personal gain, more likely you are unaware of the facts (or trying to get a rise out of someone).

First thing, the modern evolutionary synthesis does not recognize a difference between "micro" and "macro" evolution aside from timescale. Evolution is simply the change in the allele frequency of a population over successive generations. The Theory of Evolution constitutes a predictive model that consistently makes accurate predictions, and those predictions carry a high risk of falsifiability.

Second thing, yes it has. Please See:

London Underground mosquito

Ring species

Flavobacterium sp. KI72

Movile Cave - Romania (sealed off for 5.5 million years)

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod
    edited June 2016
    David Icke, and that guy on the YouTube ads standing beside lambourginis and a book shelf with some bulllshit idea to get you rich that I haven't listened to longer than the skip ad option. The Hawaii chair.
    My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • Threads like this one give me brain fog and adrenal fatigue.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

edited June 2016

Threads like this one give me brain fog and adrenal fatigue.

I once ran into a fatigue fog outside of the city here. I was completely lost. I wasn't performing optimally. I knew some foul energy was afoot that night. Meditating on my lostness gave my adrenal brain the fight-the-flight response it needed, and I sought out a flight-pack of winged she-bears and claimed the last crystal soul-piece of the keymap. I could finally evolve myself, and detox the fatigue fog. I eventually made it home, just in time to loose all my powerups at the beginning of the sequel: Bulletproof Brainwarrior II: The Final, Final Awakening.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Forget these fancy diets. They all leads to threads like these. I'm heading to McDonald's.

Hope you're all happy.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Jason, you have the patience of a saint.

A lot of the Internet scams/lies you've provided are good examples of blatant lies that are definitely harmful, but at least they're in your face, and they're easily detectable, just to make a couple bucks.

The lies of the establishment are subtle and meant to be gotten away with. They run deep, embedded in our culture, literature, news, and now various astroturf sites on the Internet.

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

5161594.jpg

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

Yeah like infowars. You know they're funded by George soros right?

I have heard this. Could you provide some evidence on this? If that's true, I will be very angry.

I once ran into a fatigue fog outside of the city here. I was completely lost. I wasn't performing optimally. I knew some foul energy was afoot that night. Meditating on my lostness gave my adrenal brain the fight-the-flight response it needed, and I sought out a flight-pack of winged she-bears and claimed the last crystal soul-piece of the keymap. I could finally evolve myself, and detox the fatigue fog. I eventually made it home, just in time to loose all my powerups at the beginning of the sequel: Bulletproof Brainwarrior II: The Final, Final Awakening.

Sounds like a great idea for a movie. Wait, wasn't that Stephen King's the Mist?

edited July 2016

Yeah like infowars. You know they're funded by George soros right?

Alex Jones is actually the title character in the longest comedy set ever ran, put on by none other than the great Bill Hicks himself. He has been in character for decades seeing what insane shit he can get people to believe. Once in a while you can even catch when the Alex Jones Hicksbot goes on shuffle mode, really far-flung conspiracies will be randomly blurted out during a rant and asserted to be connected with zero exposition. Only Bill Hicks could convince people that Obama wants to take away your A/C and make it illegal to own a car, or that television is programming your children to go commit Satanic killings (especially considering Satanists are one of the only "religious" groups with a commandment against rape, and are only around to troll the Christians. Anton LaVey invented trolling, in the 60s, using book publishing instead of Tweets and comments!). The genius that is Bill Hicks, because there's no other explanation!

• drumminangoleirodrumminangoleiro ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

I have heard this. Could you provide some evidence on this? If that's true, I will be very angry.

Have you read the Illuminatus Trilogy? It's all explained in there. I recommend the audio version, which I think may even be up on YouTube in its entirety now. Might take a couple reads and/or listens.

Really, that trilogy is all anyone needs to REALLY get wtf is going on. Regardless of what politician folks are enamored with, but especially the ones claiming to be "anti establishment".

Thread officially DERAILED.

Psh, you just glomped on to my previous derailment. What really happened here is two Twin-Fury 2500xr Tangent Trains just slammed together and wiped out the downtown metropolitan area of this thread.

Have you read the Illuminatus Trilogy? It's all explained in there. I recommend the audio version, which I think may even be up on YouTube in its entirety now. Might take a couple reads and/or listens.

Really, that trilogy is all anyone needs to REALLY get wtf is going on. Regardless of what politician folks are enamored with, but especially the ones claiming to be "anti establishment".

But isn't the Illuminatus Trilogy the basis for the Illuminati card game, and more of a fictional thing? If so, are you implying those books are actually a revelation of what's actually going on, including all political actors, cointel, and angles of the psy-op?

Alex Jones is actually the title character in the longest comedy set ever ran, put on by none other than the great Bill Hicks himself. He has been in character for decades seeing what insane shit he can get people to believe. Once in a while you can even catch when the Alex Jones Hicksbot goes on shuffle mode, really far-flung conspiracies will be randomly blurted out during a rant and asserted to be connected with zero exposition. Only Bill Hicks could convince people that Obama wants to take away your A/C and make it illegal to own a car, or that television is programming your children to go commit Satanic killings (especially considering Satanists are one of the only "religious" groups with a commandment against rape, and are only around to troll the Christians. Anton LaVey invented trolling, in the 60s, using book publishing instead of Tweets and comments!). The genius that is Bill Hicks, because there's no other explanation!

You can't negate (what you consider a) conspiracy theory with an even deeper and more unlikely conspiracy, lol. I actually do think there's a good possibility that he is Bill Hicks, but that would still not necessarily negate his being sincere. From the little I've seen, a major theme of Hicks' stand-up was pointing out the evils of the government and the corporations (which Alex took to the nth degree). InfoWars really doesn't just make stuff up, man, he cites conversations that he has with elites, informants, celebrities, whistleblowers, and most importantly the literature of the elite (their own words—their own writings), which you really can't deny. If you deny that they have a plan for world government, just because "us crazy conspiracy theorists" all talk about the same names and the same things, that actually discredits you in a serious way, sparefilms. There really is no doubt that Obama wants to take away your air conditioners. He said something to the effect of "we can't all have cars and air conditioners" to a group of Africans he was speaking to several years back. What an a-hole, lol.

I'm starting to get a good sense of who you are if you're sympathizing with (and lauding) Satanism. The atheist types always seem to do this very thing, though, tipping their hand at where their real inspiration comes from. Like this guy: 

TV has been caught trying to subliminally program you to kill, by the way: 

edited July 2016

If sparefilms would stay off my threads, it wouldn't always lead to this. He is a dyed-in-the-wool skeptard troll, apparently, who feels a compulsive need to disagree with anything and everything that I present and advocate. He's like the obsessive rationalist version of a kid playing whack-a-mole. And our line of conversation always seems to lead to a sharp delineation of the new paradigm of liberal/conservative that's becoming defined. This is happening every day more and more on YouTube threads, and most that deny world government also seem to deny that GMOs and pesticides are at all bad for you. These people are anti-human and anti-nature by the way.

Sadly, he discredits himself by dismissing points that are clearly beyond contention, like the writings of the elite and their revealed plan for world government.

Wrote this article last year about the new paradigm I referred to: http://www.modernlifesurvivalist.com/the-new-polarity-skeptards-vs-tinfoils-skeptics-and-conspiracy-theorists/

• I don't know anything about a card game, but it's definitely had a pretty far reaching influence that I think doesn't really get recognized as much as it should. i would suggest just reading/listening to it and deciding for yourself. I find myself being reminded of it a lot with the current political/cultural climate these days.