Once Again, Scientific Evidence Supports Bulletproof/paleo/high-Fat

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

How would you explain someone eating 300-350g of carbs every day and losing 2lbs every week?

sterons, obviously

But more seriously: This dude doesn't even enjoy Arthur. He's a lost cause.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭
    edited June 2016

You just said it, you added carbs without lowering fat, more calories, weight goes up, you really should keep track of this stuff haha. How would you explain someone eating 300-350g of carbs every day and losing 2lbs every week?

They are no longer insulin resistant, hence adding the carbs back in doesn't cause the problem. I didn't say they kept fat the same necessarily, either. My "clients" (friends I give advice to) do not count or measure food except by eyeballing it and using maybe crude measurements like visualized "fistfuls." Also, I just tell people to generally eat until they're full, and get full on fat once they've had their "fistful" or two of carbs for that particular meal.

And whenever I add carbs or amount of food in general, I generally don't gain weight. The only time I gain weight is actually when I'm stressed, not getting enough sleep, or being exposed to mold or some chemical (these last two have made me lose weight, too, paradoxically). But to my point, you can bet if I needed to lose weight, I'd try to get into ketosis, naw'm sayin'?

I definitely don't gain weight when I add fat. If you want, I will film myself eating an extra bar of butter (that's 1600 calories) every day for a week (might get expensive) and track my weight gain (not changing anything else).

sterons, obviously

No I like Arthur. I just noticed that this was propaganda, and I had to reconsider.

• HegReg33HegReg33 ✭✭
    edited June 2016

You're all right. Calories DO matter. So does macronutrient ratio. Why? Because the different macros have different effects on your hunger/metabolism systems.

Fructose causes leptin resistance. Evolutionary reason? You're SUPPOSED to get fat in the summer. And all that sugar didn't come from a Siberian nuclear winter. That shit came from the sun.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18703413

The other side of the coin is more complicated, and I don't have any citations. But presumably, a fat/protein mixture strongly signals for plentiful and dense calorie sources. That means burn, burn baby. But there is a truckload of evidence suggesting that carbs are the least satiating per calorie.

But the point still stands, calories in vs calories out. Diet just modulates both ends of the equation one way or another. Questions?

You're all right. Calories DO matter. So does macronutrient ratio. Why? Because the different macros have different effects on your hunger/metabolism systems.

Fructose causes leptin resistance. Evolutionary reason? You're SUPPOSED to get fat in the summer. And all that sugar didn't come from a Siberian nuclear winter. That shit came from the sun.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18703413

The other side of the coin is more complicated, and I don't have any citations. But presumably, a fat/protein mixture strongly signals for plentiful and dense calorie sources. That means burn, burn baby. But there is a truckload of evidence suggesting that carbs are the least satiating per calorie.

But the point still stands, calories in vs calories out. Diet just modulates both ends of the equation one way or another. Questions?

If calories matter, why is there case after case of people eating 4500 calories or more and not gaining the expected amount of weight? Why has the model not been adjusted if metabolism comes into play? You admit that it's more complicated than calories in/out, yet you continue to say "both are right." You can't have both. CICO is outdated and wrong.

It's unfortunate that your extreme distaste for the subject has caused you to refuse to understand it, you've demonstrated that level of knowledge clearly by all of these statements, those who have a clear understanding of it would not have these questions or statements. The anti calorie dogma (I say dogma because it is a belief not a fact) is rife with ignorant statements that users of CICO don't even use in their application or understanding of it.

I didn't ask you.

It's unfortunate that your extreme distaste for the subject has caused you to refuse to understand it, you've demonstrated that level of knowledge clearly by all of these statements, those who have a clear understanding of it would not have these questions or statements. The anti calorie dogma (I say dogma because it is a belief not a fact) is rife with ignorant statements that users of CICO don't even use in their application or understanding of it.

And I'm not trying to "understand" it. I'm trying to understand why those who claim that CICO is always true will not step back and say they were wrong, that so many other issues come into play. Then they can go forward and redefine the significance of a calorie. Instead, you (barely) admit it's more complicated when you can't refute the evidence to the contrary, and then you pretend that that was part of the definition all along. I can only say it's pride, and in fact, your refusal to understand the subject.

• If calories matter, why is there case after case of people eating 4500 calories or more and not gaining the expected amount of weight? Why has the model not been adjusted if metabolism comes into play? You admit that it's more complicated than calories in/out, yet you continue to say "both are right." You can't have both. CICO is outdated and wrong.

How many cases, exactly? I've only heard Dave's case, and I'm not sure I buy it. In any case, the answer would be that one either burned more calories, or failed to use them and sent them right into the toilet.

What model? Mainstream diet science is all over the place, and pretty much the only thing doctors have agreed upon on a large scale is that meat is bad and grains are the best thing ever. Besides, metabolism is most definitely part of the CICO model anyway. It's the "calories out" part.

I didn't say it was more complicated than CICO. I implied that CICO ITSELF is complicated. Counting calories on a nutrition label and subtracting a highly inaccurate BMR from it will not suffice. That's where we agree.

So you tell me. If they don't go into muscle/fat/other, they're not burnt, and they're not in the toilet, where are they?

sterons, obviously

I like Arthur.

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

Feel free to give me some examples of independent entities caught "lying" on the Internet for personal gain. I doubt any of it can rival the deception, spin, and censorship that occurs at the hands of the governments of North Korea, China, European Union, and the U.S. (among many who operate in the same corrupt manner).

Every Creationist ever. Young Earthers. Flat Earthers. Holocaust Deniers. Donald Trump. People selling Amygdalin/Laetrile/Vitamin B-17 as a cancer cure. People who talk about structured water. Every single psychic who has ever been tested. People who claim to be able to talk to your dead loved ones. People who claim to channel the Pleiadians. Anyone offering subprime mortgages and telling you "it'll be fine, payments are easy to keep up with". The "Health Ranger". Credit card companies. Conservapedia.com. Breathanarians. That Nigerian Prince. Crystal healers. Penis enlargement supplement companies. Instagram models. The guys running the Kickstarter for that water bottle that claims to fill up from water in the air. The guys running the Kickstarter for the personal rebreather thing. People claiming to have invented products that they just rebranded and sold at a markup. Bork Bork Ur Doin Me A Frighten pictures, those dogs don't really say those things!

• Flat Earthers.

Every Creationist ever. Young Earthers. Flat Earthers. Holocaust Deniers. Donald Trump. People selling Amygdalin/Laetrile/Vitamin B-17 as a cancer cure. People who talk about structured water. Every single psychic who has ever been tested. People who claim to be able to talk to your dead loved ones. People who claim to channel the Pleiadians. Anyone offering subprime mortgages and telling you "it'll be fine, payments are easy to keep up with". The "Health Ranger". Credit card companies. Conservapedia.com. Breathanarians. That Nigerian Prince. Crystal healers. Penis enlargement supplement companies. Instagram models. The guys running the Kickstarter for that water bottle that claims to fill up from water in the air. The guys running the Kickstarter for the personal rebreather thing. People claiming to have invented products that they just rebranded and sold at a markup. Bork Bork Ur Doin Me A Frighten pictures, those dogs don't really say those things!

Your first 5 are bull. What do they personally have to gain? People laugh at all 5 of those people. Name one Donald Trump lie. He has a different opinion of the truth, maybe, but he's a great example of someone telling you things that the mainstream media will not cover because it's either inconvenient to the establishment, or it's politically incorrect.

Neil deGrasse Tyson: perfect example of a shill for the establishment. Macroevolution has never been proven. Uh-oh now I done it. Must be for personal gain that I lied about that.

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

Everyone lies, and you forgot Hillary Clinton in your list. The problem with most people is that it is black or white, no gray. Sparefilms, have you been to space? If you haven't then, flat Earth theory might have a .01% chance of being true, if you haven't seen it for yourself. Some people were cured by Amygdalin, is it the best way to treat cancer? I believe it is not even close. Everything is not one thing or the other, did Amygdalin cure some peoples cancer, maybe, did everyone die taking it from cancer, probably not.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

Your first 5 are bull. What do they personally have to gain? People laugh at all 5 of those people. Name one Donald Trump lie. He has a different opinion of the truth, maybe, but he's a great example of someone telling you things that the mainstream media will not cover because it's either inconvenient to the establishment, or it's politically incorrect.

Creationists and Young Earthers make tons of money through donations, because they target the overly-religious. Holocaust deniers and Flat Earthers forward their own agendas, gaining money through video views and spreading their anti-history or anti-science messages at the same time.

Donald Trump said he donated money to veterans organizations, but it was found out that he did not. When it was reported on, those organizations were contacted and informed news sources that the checks Donald claimed to send were dated the day after the news reported that he didn't donate to them. He also lied about Trump steaks, they are simply rebranded from a mass processing plant. He lied about Trump Water, the water is processed and bottled tap water not spring water. He lies about his net worth. He lies about being an "America First" businessman, his products are made in China. He lies about being a successful business man, when he actually runs a business they fail. Successful businesses with the Trump branding are licensing his brand name. He lies constantly in each interview, and contradicts himself within two sentences! It's so easy to find Trump telling a lie on the internet! Think he is antiestablishment? He spent the last half a century buying favors from the establishment. He is the establishment. His whole image is a giant marketing scheme, creating the illusion of wealth. He has to lie.

EDIT: He also claimed he was funding his own campaign. Lie. (Actually also a classic case of campaign contribution fraud, funneling the money back into his own resorts and facilities for "campaign events", essentially taking donor's money and putting it into his own pocket. Palin did the same thing back in the day.)