Bp Coffee Still Leaves Me Hungry

Hey all,

So I've been drinking my BP coffee for breakfast for a few months now. 20 oz of coffee, 1 1/2 tbsp of butter, 1 1/2 XCT Oil, and roughly 50 grams of protein. I want to be doing an intermittent fasting regiment but can barely make it to noon before I feel really hungry again! Then I find myself overeating during lunch... What are some things you recommend I should do to perhaps re-satiate my appetite when I need to? I'm trying not to drink a second cup of bulletproof though, I don't have the proper supplies to make that much.

Comments

• Adding protein causes craving earlier than without

Personally i easily g to 2tbsp of butter, what diet are you following? Low carb? did you cut out sugar?

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

50 g protein is too much. will make you fall out of keto. half the protein gets metabolized into glucose and also more than... have less protein and all is well. 30g or less.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• 50 g protein is too much. will make you fall out of keto. half the protein gets metabolized into glucose and also more than... have less protein and all is well. 30g or less.

Yep.

• I feel very hungry starting about 45" after having bulletproof coffee, and not energized. I have tried many configurations (dif. Butters, less MCT / Brain octane, coconut oil & butter only, use BP beans, etc,) and it does not change the less-than-optimum results for me. Not sure what my issue is, but I am hypothyroid and have hashimotos (perhaps this is related, but may not be). I do not put protein powder in my BP coffee, though I have tried that too a few times (collagen protein), same result. Interestingly, if I have BP coffee mid-to-late afternoon, hunger does not occur. Wish I had the positive results that others have had. Any thoughts?
  • Do short, intense exercise. Preferably right after the coffee kicks in  and before you feel tired. Know your limits to avoid totally crashing, a little goes a long way. Don't push yourself to hard! Kills cravings for me, most likely the lactate that's doing the work.

Maybe delay your coffee if it works for you?

• Thanks, I think delaying the coffee is what I will do....If I don't have BP coffee in the a.m. I am not hungry right away, and I can go 4 hours+ without eating. Wish I knew what was different about my physiology that I have the opposite result to BP Coffee (hungry, no additional energy) in the a.m.! I do enjoy the taste though : )
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

I would try doing it correctly. Add more butter and XCT oil. When I started I increased the amount, once until I felt sick and didn't eat all day, next day reduced it.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

Thanks, I think delaying the coffee is what I will do....If I don't have BP coffee in the a.m. I am not hungry right away, and I can go 4 hours+ without eating. Wish I knew what was different about my physiology that I have the opposite result to BP Coffee (hungry, no additional energy) in the a.m.! I do enjoy the taste though : )

not in ketosis... too much protein or carbs in evening maybe.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• If your body is telling you you're hungry maybe you should eat a BP meal? A few eggs and bacon or eggs and an avocado. Some people should only do the intermittent fasting a few days a week. Every day may be too much. Shoot for 3x a week for IF and the other days during the week if you're hungry after the coffee eat a meal full of healthy fats!

"And he said to them all, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it." 

LUKE 9:23-24

• I found the same experience drinking BP coffee. Some women and coffee don't go together. I think it has to do with adrenal issues and cortisol. I switched to green tea and I don't get hungry anymore. Green tea with 1 tbsp of butter and MCT oil is great.

• I am having the same problem, I make 20 ounces of coffee with 2 tbsp Kerrygold butter and 1 tbsp Brain Octane and drink a cup of coffee before leaving for work and finish it at work.  I am hungry between 10-11am.  I was using an organic coffee and Viva Lab MCT oil, but my Bulletproof coffee, Brain Octane and collagen powder came Tuesday so had high hopes of making it until early afternoon to eat on Wednesday, but I was hungry by late morning.  I am using a tbsp of the collagen powder, is this too much? 

for me this is always related to ketosis.

is it hunger or appetite? or even thirst? I mean is your gut making noises or do you think man i want a pizza right now or do your feel grumpy?

Hungry would be you gut makes noises.

How much to eat: