Butcher Box?

SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard of this service before? In my internet wanderings I came across this newish service called Butcher Box, which will deliver high-quality pastured meats straight to your door. They have different subscription plans available, but you can also do one-time purchases or cancel anytime. They flash-freeze the meat and ship it to you in dry ice. Shipping is free and it looks like it gets to your door pretty quick.

I'm kind of interested in trying it, though for my purposes it looks a little pricy. The boxes cost $129, and they contain 6-10 pounds of meat. While their meat is probably of great quality, I do have cheaper grass-fed options at my local Wal-Mart. Also, my family will easily burn through that box of meat in just a few days. They claim you can get 15-20 meals out of each box, and that may indeed be the case, but if there's more than one or two people digging in that meat won't last! They have add-ons, like bacon or extra ground beef, that you can include with your orders.

I think this looks really promising, but I'm not sure it's really for me. Does seem really convenient, though. Has anyone tried it? Anyone want to try it? Just thought I'd share here, in case anyone hadn't heard of it.

If you do try it, be sure to let us know how you like it!

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

Comments