Can't Make It To Lunch Without More Food

Hi All,

For breakfast I've been using the BP cocoa with 1 tbsp each of cacao butter, XLT oil, Brain Octane, and 2 tbsp of Kerrygold butter. I also eat about 3-4 oz of ground turkey. I also take the full list of 10 supplements Dave recommends, plus AntiAging.

I'm a middle aged woman, and I know I can't keep from crashing on just the cocoa and supplements in the morning. I've experimented and adding the turkey helps. But I'm also not making it all the way to lunchtime without needing more food. 

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Do you do any refeed days each week? (white rice, sweet potatoes)

"And he said to them all, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it." 

LUKE 9:23-24

• Dillon, AHH, and interesting point. No, I don't have specific carb days set. I traveled recently and had a good experience with rice in my restaurant food options. I'll look at adding some refeed days. Thank you. I'm glad for this and further ideas.

• I'd suggest that you eat anytime you're hungry for an extended period of time on BP or a ketogenic diet. Eventually you can do intermittent fasting or some other protocol to help with weight loss but it's better to allow your body to adjust to what may be a number of important changes that you're undergoing. Some days I don't eat until dinner (after BP coffee in the am) and other days I eat two large meals by lunch time -- let you hunger level guide you at least initially if not always.

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

Yep, don't ignore hunger. You can trust the feeling if you refrain from eating SAD-foods.

• flashflash
    edited October 2016

make sure you are drinking enough water. i like to drink somewhere between 500-1000ml between my early BPC and lunch, letting my body decide specifically how much and when, within that range. when you're burning fat and fasting, you need more water anyway. if i ever forget to do this, i get hungry sooner in the day.

edit: perhaps experiment with adding sea salt to your water too. i keep forgetting to try this myself, but i'm betting it would be an improvement.

• Once you are no longer eating the processed food junk there is almost no way you can go wrong following your body's needs. If you are hungry go ahead and have some carbohydrate, as long as it is a clean/green source. I have personally eaten midmorning plenty of times, and increasingly don't have that need unless I have exercised very vigorously the day before. Following weight and body composition for last 2.5 months since bulletproofing and despite sometimes eating 4,000 calories (Chronometer.com), the body fat has stayed stable around 12% while lean muscle increased 7 lbs. Best performance I have ever had, I am not a steroid guy, this is related to eating better.

• What is the quality of the turkey you're eating as well? Have you considered as replacing this with hydrolyzed collagen?