Coffee / Carbs With Adrenal Fatigue?

I've been ill for nearly 8 years now and recently discovered I had mold illness, adrenal fatigue, mercury toxicity, have developed mast cell activation syndrome and a host of other problems.

I want to start a BP diet, but have some questions and concerns about how to do so.  There seems to be a lot of controversy over consuming coffee with adrenal fatigue - what is the general consensus on here?  I thought about doing the vanilla drink in the BP book, but I also read some controversial things about even fasting with adrenal fatigue.  Thoughts?

Any suggestions on carb counts?  After going ketogenic and then very low carb for years being told that would cure me of all my ills and only getting much, much worse I realized that I absolutely do need carbs.  Problem is once I started eating them again to gain much needed weight I totally binged on them and am now having a difficult time getting off them or figuring out how much to consume.  

I am super limited with my diet and have to eat low histamine, low FODMAP and low oxalate.  Thankfully I've recently been able to add in high salicylate foods which were previously a problem too!  After dealing with all of these restrictions the last thing I want to do is have to worry about carbs, but now my weight is really creeping up and I'm having blood sugar issues so I know I need to address that as well.

How on earth does one figure out a good ratio?!  

Comments

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

It's best to avoid all caffeine. And it's no problem to eat carbohydrates during your recovery, especially not during summer.

Get to the hardcore BP low-carb stuff when you're healthy.

• Thanks so much for your reply Walter.  I know I should probably wait to do the hardcore BP stuff until I'm healthy, like you said, but I don't know where to begin to even get healthy at this point!  I'm not sure what to eat anymore.  Everything I read is so contradictory, which is what brought me to BP in the first place, so I was hoping to get some answers here.  

I've been trying to cut down on carbs, but I get massively weak and irritable.  I don't know if that's just the "low carb flu" that I read about and I should push through or if that's my body actually fighting it and telling me I do need the carbs.  It's just so hard to figure out!