Chronic Fatigue - Any New Angles?

Hi all,

I posted to the "ask Dave" section, but would love to hear back sooner if anyone has thoughts.

I have been struggling with chronic fatigue for five years now. I have Hashimoto's, early stages of thyroid cancer, Mercury and Lead toxicity, a heavy parasitic presence and OAT axis issues. I am on Synthroid, and doing EDTA/DMSA chelation with a fabulous integrative Doctor I recently found. I've had four sessions so far, but still feeling like there's a mitochondrial issue not being addressed, since the treatments leave me feeling worse. Do you have any thoughts or recommendations?

I'm a very ambitious person and so sick of feeling held back. I have explored much personal development (currently reading The Presence Process - Thank you Dr. Mark!) and attempting to address my chronic histamine disregulation. Considering 23andMe (suspect MTFHR), but my finances are limited and going towards chelation (23 is $250+tx in Canada). Following the Bulletproof diet has helped some with unstable blood sugar (thank you, Mercury), but my brain fog, inflammation, muscle weakness and both chronic and acute exhaustion are leaving me feeling 63 instead of 33.

I would appreciate any new angles to approach this one-hundred pound weight I've been carrying around with me for far too long.

Thanks for any help/thoughts.

Kelly

Comments

• Qi_PowerQi_Power I'll help if I can

Have you tried Glutathione? it really has helped my energy, I'm almost shocked that a supplement seems to be really working

(it's been a month) - hasn't sorted out my brain fog fully, but it does seem to be getting lesser as the weeks go on, especially recently.

Also, check this out, I think Dr Tim has a great overview of things to look at here (and part 2):

http://healyourbody.org/optimizing-your-immune-system-part-1/

My baby:

AHCm5sm.jpg

1) My research into leaky gut, and colostrum as a healing supplement.

2) I had crazy insomnia for about 6 straight months. I found a solution, you can read my story on PEMF sleep therapy here.

3) I've been successfully making a full-time income online now for 10 years (running online businesses) eg Samurai Web Consulting - hit me up if interested in private coaching or SEO Consultancy.

• I'm a big fan of Dr. Shade's approach to mercury detoxification. To summarize, chelation pulls the mercury through the kidneys. This is not only bad for your kidneys, but most people who suffer from mercury toxicity already have impaired kidneys, among many other health issues. And the more you chelate, the more your kidneys become impaired, and the slower you detox. Usually this resolves as you detox the mercury, and your kidneys heal as they do. But it's a long, drawn-out process. In general, it's not a good idea unless you're healthy, young, and suffer from minor mercury exposure.

So his alternative is to utilize the safer pathway your body naturally uses to detox mercury, the bile. So why doesn't your body just do this naturally?

1. Gut inflammation inhibits mercury detox, and detoxing mercury causes gut inflammation itself by sending it down the GI tract.

2. The most insidious of them all, enterohepatic recirculation. When mercury is in your gut, the bacteria methylate it into methylmercury, which your stupid body thinks is methionine, and uptakes it back into your system, unnecessarily repeating the detox process.

This is why some doctors recommend AGAINST methyl-folate and methyl-B12 supplementation while mercury toxic, and I'm apt to agree with them. They supply methyl groups for the bacteria to methylate the mercury with, leading to recirculation. So does methionine, but methionine reduces methylmercury uptake (because the body thinks they're the same thing).

So, how to avoid this? Bind the mercury coming through the bile!

The weakest of the binders are activated charcoal, as well as the clays. They don't really bind, so much as adsorb it. Insoluble/soluble fiber adsorbs it too, and has the added effect of improving gut inflammation. Up next is chitosan (bile binder) and high-quality chlorella. Dr. Shade sells a product called IMD that is designed to maximize mercury binding, I think supposedly 100X the strength of chlorella, or something. He warns to be careful with it, as it "opens the flood gates" in his words.

Here is a great podcast on the subject. He says what I said and more: https://thequantifiedbody.net/quantifying-your-mercury-burden-dr-chris-shade/

I know he sells a product, but he seems honest and passionate about the subject of mercury toxicity. And his reasoning makes a ton of sense.

If you fix the mercury, everything might magically fall in line over time. It's that big of a deal. So if you can't get afford the IMD, at least get the chitosan, activated charcoal, and bentonite. Not only should it grab the mercury, but other toxins as well. Gut inflammation will be reduced, detox will improve, and your ROS production will go down. Every bit helps.

One more thing, don't stress :) Giving your body and mind a chance to heal is especially important if you're fighting a war inside.

• I'm a big fan of Dr. Shade's approach to mercury detoxification. To summarize, chelation pulls the mercury through the kidneys. This is not only bad for your kidneys, but most people who suffer from mercury toxicity already have impaired kidneys, among many other health issues. And the more you chelate, the more your kidneys become impaired, and the slower you detox. Usually this resolves as you detox the mercury, and your kidneys heal as they do. But it's a long, drawn-out process. In general, it's not a good idea unless you're healthy, young, and suffer from minor mercury exposure.

So his alternative is to utilize the safer pathway your body naturally uses to detox mercury, the bile. So why doesn't your body just do this naturally?

1. Gut inflammation inhibits mercury detox, and detoxing mercury causes gut inflammation itself by sending it down the GI tract.

2. The most insidious of them all, enterohepatic recirculation. When mercury is in your gut, the bacteria methylate it into methylmercury, which your stupid body thinks is methionine, and uptakes it back into your system, unnecessarily repeating the detox process.

This is why some doctors recommend AGAINST methyl-folate and methyl-B12 supplementation while mercury toxic, and I'm apt to agree with them. They supply methyl groups for the bacteria to methylate the mercury with, leading to recirculation. So does methionine, but methionine reduces methylmercury uptake (because the body thinks they're the same thing).

So, how to avoid this? Bind the mercury coming through the bile!

The weakest of the binders are activated charcoal, as well as the clays. They don't really bind, so much as adsorb it. Insoluble/soluble fiber adsorbs it too, and has the added effect of improving gut inflammation. Up next is chitosan (bile binder) and high-quality chlorella. Dr. Shade sells a product called IMD that is designed to maximize mercury binding, I think supposedly 100X the strength of chlorella, or something. He warns to be careful with it, as it "opens the flood gates" in his words.

Here is a great podcast on the subject. He says what I said and more: https://thequantifiedbody.net/quantifying-your-mercury-burden-dr-chris-shade/

I know he sells a product, but he seems honest and passionate about the subject of mercury toxicity. And his reasoning makes a ton of sense.

If you fix the mercury, everything might magically fall in line over time. It's that big of a deal. So if you can't get afford the IMD, at least get the chitosan, activated charcoal, and bentonite. Not only should it grab the mercury, but other toxins as well. Gut inflammation will be reduced, detox will improve, and your ROS production will go down. Every bit helps.

One more thing, don't stress :) Giving your body and mind a chance to heal is especially important if you're fighting a war inside.

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

How's your circadian rhythm right in terms of (artificial) light, when you sleep, when you eat, when you exercise, etc.?

How much sunlight do you get on a random day?

•  I had stage three adrenal fatigue over a year ago and have made tremendous progress. However, I had mold intolerance and relocated out of a moldy San Francisco apartment as well due to compromised health so bad I could not even lift my head or open my eyes (I was dying). After getting out of the moldy environment, I was taking 14 supplements and two tinctures three times a day to get nutrients in my body -I was so deficient even though I ate so well on a restricted diet for years and years...  my digestive system was such a wreck that I wasn't absorbing most of my food and was burning though everything... I used Dr. Justin Marchagiani of Just In Health (check out his youtube channel). All those supplements were dreadful to swallow and organize and EXPENSIVE. But doing that plus infrared saunas, I rebuilt my adrenals in a year at $1200 a month (that was the monthly dr apt and the supplement costs). After getting that on track, I stopped the supplements to take a toxin binder. I bound up toxins in my gut using Cholestyramine. It works. My labs before and after showed major advances in my health after taking it three times a day for two months. However, this is me... and only able to share what I know from experience for my condition. I don't know if it is the right binder for you but you should research it.

My background: I have had Lyme and co-infections for 20 years. I lived in that moldy building for 9 years... and my immunity was suppressed allowing other pathogens to cause serious internal damage. I took various kinds of Glutathione and I could not tell if it helped me but Dave's was the most tolerable. I eat a lot of hemp for omega 3s -and my body just loves it. I would stay away from any fish oil due to heavy metal contamination... I don't care what any fish oil company says about it's quality. The oceans are toxic. Stay away from eating fish.

I am about to start a trial of BX Protocol -which you may want to also look into since you desire something to address mitochondrial issues. It does not matter what type of disease or parasite issue you have, all health recovery revolves around energy (mitochondria function). BX is an energy catalyst. It's expensive. Like I said, I haven't tried it yet but about to this upcoming month. It might interest you.

Even though you are feeling worse after your treatments, you may very well be making progress. In fact, it's most likely the case and everything helps to keep you alive. It takes a lot of time to recover so keep the faith! I recommend doing as much detox as possible and flushing as much as possible with high quality filtered water. If you have never tried ozone suppositories, i give them a huge thumbs up for making me feel better (and the most effective thing for your money). I also recommend infrared sauna. I hear ozone saunas are great too but I have used a personal infrared sauna by Clearlight for a year and a half and it has made a world of difference for me. I know all this is all expensive (and I am by no means rich) but buying a sauna is a lifetime investment because you will be detoxing for a long time -and you can finance it easily with Clearlight. When someone has adrenal fatigue, exercise is out of the question and sweating is a big way for releasing toxins all over the body -including heavy metals!... the infrared light also aids in killing viruses. Best to you!

• Oh my gosh - Thank you so much you guys for all your feedback! It's so reassuring to get other perspectives and hear other peoples' stories.

HegReg33 - I will definitely watch the link you shared - and I'll try not to stress too much! Meditation has definitely helped turn down my nervous system...

Walter - my circadian rhythm is better now that I left a stressful job about 6 weeks ago. I do get healthy levels of sun exposure every day. And my meals are fairly regular, but could always be a little better...

Runningwater - Big thanks for sharing your experiences. I will definitely look into your recommendations, and seek out a sauna. I'm renting now so I can't really purchase something like that at this time in my life. But I'm in a big city - there are many available to use. I have wondered about Lyme in my own case... Something to investigate at my next dr. appointment. I will try to keep the faith! This helps!!
  • edited August 2016
    HegReg33 - listening to the podcast - OMG

I'm classic textbook from the sounds of it. And just recently moved out of a mold-ridden basement because my symptoms were only getting worse over the three months I'd been there.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with me - new hope has been found! I must listen again... :)
  • Please check out the Andy Cutler Protocol that adresses the extracellular and the intracellular heavy metals in a safe way. You should not use high doses of dmsa/dmps, and never edta. Please read some information on this protocol, I promise it will be worth you while. If you do high doses of these substances you can make yourself severely ill by redistributing the heavy meals to more sensitive parts of your body, like your brain and organs. You can find more info on the website http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/ , and the facebook group "Andy Cutler Chelation Support Group". Take care!