The Mentalist Dark Roast= Disaster Pants?

Anyone else experiencing disaster pants or bubble guts from the new Mentalist Dark Roast coffee? 

Comments

• mistamista
    edited August 2016

I'm enjoying the new roasts.  I started with the Medium, then moved up to Dark, next I'm going to dial it back to Light / Regular.  No issues here.

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭

Anyone else experiencing disaster pants or bubble guts from the new Mentalist Dark Roast coffee? 

This morning yes. Glad I'm not the only one. I'm gonna give it a couple more tries, though, because I like a good dark roast.

• edited August 2016

As far as I'm concerned there is no reason why a darker roast would cause disaster pants on its own. I would contact the manufacturer and not use those beans.

Edit: At the time of this comment I did not realize that you guys were referring to upgraded beans. WOW!

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭

As far as I'm concerned there is no reason why a darker roast would cause disaster pants on its own. I would contact the manufacturer and not use those beans.

Edit: At the time of this comment I did not realize that you guys were referring to upgraded beans. WOW!

Some people are more sensitive to mold toxins. Since Dave's beans are single estate, each particular brand might be from a different estate, and perhaps he hasn't gotten the mold-free practices up to code there. When trying a new bean, if I get bad reactions, I usually try them a few times and make sure it's not me.

OH, did you not know that they had new roasts, Bull?

• Some people are more sensitive to mold toxins. Since Dave's beans are single estate, each particular brand might be from a different estate, and perhaps he hasn't gotten the mold-free practices up to code there. When trying a new bean, if I get bad reactions, I usually try them a few times and make sure it's not me.

OH, did you not know that they had new roasts, Bull?

Ya it was news to me.

The thing is, based off my limited research it would appear that all of dave's beans originate from the same source, going through the same process in terms of cleaning the beans. Then the beans are roasted differently depending on the roast.

The roast shouldn't make any difference in its moldyness.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”