Hotel Life Vs Nutrition

I am currently living out of a hotel Monday to Friday. I have access to a small communal fridge at work and microwave there. A kettle in my hotel room.

BREAKFAST

My breakfast is cheap ass classic hotel food, the eggs won't be free range, the bacon won't be outdoor reared, there are cereal options and porridge.

The only local breakfast alternatives are bread and sugar based.

LUNCH

My lunch is typically olives, meats, cheeses and leaves that I buy in the morning on the way to work.

The only local lunch alternative is unreliable quality and mostly bread, potatoes and rice with sugary sauces.

EVENING

I eat at the only non chain restaurant in town, they use heritgage veg and pastured free range meat, and have high carb and low carb options. Here is my only human part of the week.

Any tips on improving my daily nutrition with snacks or alternatives? Having no way to cook or store food that needs to be cold seems to be the main block. I want more calories with inbetween meal snacks. Should I just buy a box of daves bars?

Comments

• ntcarlsonntcarlson
    edited August 2016

Unpasteurized eggs don't require refrigeration. They last 3-4 weeks at room temp. You can eat them raw (if you trust the source) or poach them with water from the kettle.

Chlorella, spirulina and wheat grass tablets/powder will give you some veg

Fresh veg can last a couple of days at room temp

Butter lasts at room temp several weeks. I assume you already have brain octane oil in your room.

Canned sardines, anchovies, mackerel, and herring are great sources of protein and low mercury sources of omega 3. No refrigeration required.

If you are going to be there long enough, look into buying a mini fridge. Otherwise, buy a big igloo cooler and max out the ice machine at your hotel.

Hopefully this gets you started.

• kered9kered9
    edited August 2016

Thanks, I am not a fan of the nuke however there is only so much raw green veg I can handle, this week I trialled butter, green beans, brocolis and peas for 2 minutes. It was a reasonably good snack and my legs didn't drop off.

Iv'e got my brain octain oil and good butter at work, having to shake my BP coffee but it still works out alright.

Good call on the eggs! I might start to experiment next week.

• You can take dietary supplements and drink milk everyday

• @MildredRussell said:
    You can take dietary supplements and drink milk everyday

Yikes.