Waking Up Depressed But Feeling Good After An Hour?
I haven't posted here in a while but really do love this place for working things out. I have seen multiple threads on depression and apologize if this is a repeat topic, I couldn't find anything exactly like what I'm experiencing unfortunately.
So basically I am a happy, energetic, 30 year old guy, traveling the world and getting into all kinds of mischief. The biggest problem I face day to day is that I always wake up feeling really bad in the morning but usually after about an hour I feel great.... Some days I struggle to get out of bed at all and feel like whats the point of it all...... This isn't your standard morning blues, I had that growing up and can tell the difference. This is like full on depression but only while I remain in bed... Almost like my body telling me to get up and stop being a lazy shit. I know the obvious solution is to just get up and start the day, exercise, go for a walk etc but it is really really hard and I want to know if anyone else has experienced this.
Let me clarify a few thing first that I have noted.
- Its not about being tired in the morning, I sleep well and have these same feelings despite being well rested or tired.
- This seems to occur regardless of weather I'm fasting or eating normally.
- I try to eat well, mostly paleo but don't have a lot of money due to extended travelling and this leads to eating crappy food. The symptoms are worse after a night of bad food.
- A coffee in the morning speeds up the good feels. I usually use stevia but also use sugar sometimes which helps even more to cheer me up leading me to believe this is food / blood sugar related.
- I have gone off caffeine completely for months at a time and it seems drinking normal or decaf coffee doesn't change anything.
- This occurs regardless of weather I have or have not drunk alcohol or smoked marijuana the night before so I don't think it's a kind of hangover.
Is this making sense to anyone? I am happy to clarify anything. More importantly is there anything I could do to stop this from happening?
Thanks in advance!