For Acne-Prone Skin, What Is The Best Facial Moisturizer That Is Devoid Of Harmful Chemicals?

CallenCallen
edited August 2016 in Anti-aging

I've given the Alitura moisturizer a try, but gives me acne. Also, I'm not a fan of the smell of the Alitura moisturizer. 

Comments

• its simple but very effective: I have had good results opening and aloe leaf and mashing it with a fork to make a slime. It really makes your skin look awesome. You can still kind of see it, so you can only use it before bed. If you haven't tried Tammy Fender or S.W. Basics (http://swbasicsofbk.com) its worth a shot. 

• @whiteelephant921 said:
    its simple but very effective: I have had good results opening and aloe leaf and mashing it with a fork to make a slime. It really makes your skin look awesome. You can still kind of see it, so you can only use it before bed. If you haven't tried Tammy Fender or S.W. Basics (http://swbasicsofbk.com) its worth a shot. 

I actually came here to suggest fresh aloe.

Short of that, I make my own DIY "detox toner" with 1 part raw apple cider vinegar, 3-4 parts distilled water (yes, "distilled" is important), and then I will add some essential oils (eucalyptus oil has even better results for acne than tea tree oil does... but add sparingly, start off with only a few drops essential oil and NEVER apply this oil to skin without diluting it first). Shake before using.

• Coming from someone who has suffered from severe acne off and on pretty much since jr. high, I can tell you that the trick is using benzoyl peroxide. The trick part of my suggestion is to use it in 2.5% concentration and to use A LOT of it. Research shows using Benz. P in higher concentrations does nothing for acne but irritate it and dry the hell out of your skin. My regime is wash with any gentle cleanser, use BP (again, a good amount is key) once that is completely soaked in I use The Ordinary's Zinc/B5 serum, then their squalane (I use their retinol squalane most nights but sometimes just regular squalane) then I use Azelaic Acid on top of it.

I was really getting my acne under control with just BP alone, but wasn't satisfied with the texture of my skin, I still had lots of tiny bumps under the skin and was told I may need a moisturizer (I live in houston and its very humid here, my skin gets oily easily) but I decided to try it. Then I discovered the benefits of Azelaic Acid+B5+Zinc and that completely diminished all the bumps on my face. I wake up more and more pleased each morning with the clarity and brightness of my skin.

I also use The Ordinary's AHA/BHA peel once a week. You can find a plethora of amazing and very inexpensive products as well as useful information on Deciem.com then click on "The Ordinary" on the top of the page. I get my BP in a big ole pump bottle on amazon and it lasts me over a year and I use the Acne.org brand (their website gives info like I was saying about using a good amount of BP versus a higher concentration)

I know that was a lot of info but trust me when I say I've tried it all and my acne was bad! Like 50+ pimples on my face at any given time.

• I have Rosacea with acne and sensitive skin. I have to wash my face when I wake up, after workouts, and before bed, or I will break out.

I use Herbe Sois Calming Moisturizer because it helps my redness and breakouts, and it is made with all organic ingredients. It has a calming blend of essential oils in it that works well for me. Doesn't have parabens, additives, or artificial fragrances.

I order it on their website http://www.organicradianceskincare.com/shop/herbe-sois-calming-moisturizer but you can get it on Amazon as well. Hope this helps!