Avocado Strings

Hey guys, had a question about Avocado's. I know you should avoid any discoloration or spots, but there are different kinds. Some are like bruises from the outside which seem obvious, but not as obvious to me are the thin lines that surround the strings you'll find in an avocado. The older the avocado that more those strings show up and discolor the avocado. You can have a beautiful avocado, with many of those. Just curious what they are and if it's something to be avoided or if it's just some tasty fiber.

-Nils

Tagged:

Comments

• Every avocado is different. What your describing is what I would guess to be just a more fibrous cado. If it looks fine and tastes fine, except the fibrousness i would eat it.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”