How Am I Doing - Nutrition & Diet Critique

Hello everyone,

I have been practicing this lifestyle for over a year now and have lost 30 lbs.  I don't like to refer to this as a diet since I believe that it is more of a lifestyle.  My average day consists of 1800-2100 calories a day as show below. My carbs per day range from 25-40 and sugar never higher than 20 g. I consume around 4 tablespoons of Keri Gold and 2 tablespoons of XCT oil per day in Bulletproof Coffee and on my vegetables.

For breakfast I will eat 3 eggs or a cheese stick if I have no time.  On the weekend I skip breakfast and eat 3-4 eggs and a bag of spinach or broccoli and that is my lunch. Dinner is a 4-6 ounce piece of protein and a bag of vegetables.  I eat 1-2 pieces of cheddar cheese a day and 1 avocado daily. My supplements are below.

I am down to 22% body fat.  I don't wish to lose any more pounds but I would like to get the body fat down into the 15-18 % range.  I am not doing any weight training and very little cardio at present.

Any thoughts or suggestions/recommendations would be great.

Thanks

Totals    Calories: 2,101   Carbs: 40  Fat:164   Protein:  96   Sodium:  2,241    Sugar:  11  

Note:  fat is usually around  130-140g

Brand    Description    Amount    Dose

Natural Factors    RX Omega 3    900 MG    1-D

Life Extension    Super Selenium Complex    200 MCG + Vitamin E    1-DWF

Life Extension    Super Ubiquinol CoQ10    200 MG    1-DWF

Natural Factors    WellBetX PG-X with Mulberry        5 x 2D

Gaia    Tumeric Supreme Extra Strength        1-DWF

Life Extension    R-Lipoic Acid    240 MG    1-DES

Pure Encapsulations    Vitamin D3    5000 IU    1-D

Pure Encapsulations    L-Carnitine        1-DES

Natural Factors    Celery Seed         2DWF

Garden of Life    Primal Defense Ultra Probiotic        1-DES

KAL    Magnesium Glycinate     400 MG    2-D

Comments

• Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on it - congrats.. 

As long as your panels are good and you feel good  Carry on i Say.. :)

I struggle a bit w/ weight gain F(muscle) - but have modified a bit and seeing some results. 

Recently checked my Body Fat % (13%).  5-8" frame at 155 lbs. 

Increasing protein and a bit of weights may help carve the last few fat %'s your after.  ??

Better people than I on here that can help .. 

Good luck ! Thanks for sharing.. 

• Thanks rstrauser for your reply.  I am around the same height and weight as you. I am going to get my panels done again however last time they were okay.  I plan to get the extended NMR LipoProfile this time.  I would like to get my BF down to your level, that is great.  Thanks for the response and for taking the time to reply.

• Do you refeed? I would recommend carb refeeds if you don't. 

How are your BMs? Whats your stool like? Digestion? (Rhetorical questions) 

- Good things to pay attention to, if your regular and your stool is consistent then no worries. If there are issues I would recommend addressing them.

Live an active lifestyle. You say you want to stay the same weight but cut back on BF% well its not gonna magically happen. 

Supplements: take breaks from time to time. I don't understand the short hand for the dose, so I don't know what you mean so what I write next may not apply. But you should cycle ubiquinol and r-ala. For those I personally do 21 days in a row of the recommended daily dosage 3-4 times a year.

Get avocado and olives in your life.

Get plenty of sunshine, rest, laughs, and dances in your life.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Thanks Bull for your reply.  BM's are regular and maybe a little looser at times and not as well formed. If needed how do I address the BM issues? I don't typically refeed intentionally but there are days that I reach 40 g of carbs in a day. I eat 4oz of avocado a day.  How many olives a day and what type do you recommend?

Thanks

• The shorthand with the vitamins are:

1-D  1 daily

1-DWF 1 daily with food

5 x 2D  5 capsules twice a day

1-DES   1 daily empty stomach

Thanks

• Bull,

Just curious, why olives? Also why do you cycle ubiquinol and r-ala?

Thanks

• If your interested in gut health/ digestion you can't go wrong with fixyourgut.com. They also have an excellent podcast I would recommend. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFl0ULENVuyNcUvWQBEVOBg

The comment on your digestion was because more posts than their should be over the last couple years deal with the topic of "I've been BP for however long, and I'm having (insert digestive problem), how do I fix it?". So my inquiry was more or less to just see if you were paying attention to your gut health.

The reason for recommending olives and avocados is mainly to encourage you to diversify your fat intake,  in your OP you don't mention avocados or olive oil. I typically just consume EVOO, but will occasionally get like pint sized container of olives at the grocery store and eat them within a couple of days. 

I generally try to cycle on and off all my supplements. Or take specific supplements for very specific reasons. For the last 2 years I was more less dosing myself with the usual suspects (C, D3, K2, omega-3, iodine, magnesium) daily and have kind of grown out it.

When I paid a lot more attention to specific supplement protocols I can without a doubt recall that their was conjecture around cycling R-ala and ubiquinol  because it was thought that there is a chance supplementation could down regulate natural production. If there is any actual scientific data one way or another I'm not sure. 

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”