// The Definitive And Only Way // To Cook Your Grass-Fed Beef Steak (For Maximum Punch)

I've managed to get a regular supply of Grass-Fed Australian Ribeye here in the UK.

Now I've been trying different cooking methods.

Literally eating it blue as in sealing it on a pan for 30seconds each side. using high smoke avocado oil (very tasty - but high heat)

To yesterday when I boiled it in a water pot for a few minutes (bit rubbery) - got this from the forum, but the method was vague.

I am after the most nutrient (least damaging) way to maximise this wonderful grass fed meat.

Bonless-Rib-Eye.jpg

Comments

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

Looks like you cooked it perfectly. Way to go! :)

Just rub in a little ascorbic acid on the surface to kill any nasties and it's done. Maximum punch.

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

Why on Earth would anyone boil a steak?! Did you forget to put it in the little bag when attempting a sous vide?

The stress and anxiety you caused me by boiling a steak was more damaging than any loss of nutrients I could get from properly cooking my steak. There is a balance between nutrients and pleasure in a meal. It's a grass-fed steak. You have got the nutrients part covered. Go forth and enjoy your steak. The neurochemical cocktail released by the sheer pleasure of eating a delicious, cooked just the way you like it steak will more than make up the teeny tiny nutrients deficit any cooking method will entail.

• HegReg33HegReg33 ✭✭ ✭✭

Why on Earth would anyone boil a steak?! Did you forget to put it in the little bag when attempting a sous vide?

The stress and anxiety you caused me by boiling a steak was more damaging than any loss of nutrients I could get from properly cooking my steak. There is a balance between nutrients and pleasure in a meal. It's a grass-fed steak. You have got the nutrients part covered. Go forth and enjoy your steak. The neurochemical cocktail released by the sheer pleasure of eating a delicious, cooked just the way you like it steak will more than make up the teeny tiny nutrients deficit any cooking method will entail.

Amen.

I've been known to eat steaks raw. It gives me a little bit of gastrointestinal "distress", but I kind of like the way it feels. It's kind of stimulatory. I'm guessing it's mostly releasing a ton of gastrin to digest it all. But it honestly feels pretty great

Mostly, I still just lightly grill steaks until it's brown most of the way through. Feels more digestible, not to mention tastier. I melt the fat before the steak cooks and pour it on later :D

Ground beef, I actually bake it, with a ton of antioxidant herbs. Just until it is barely brown, as with the steak.

• Why on Earth would anyone boil a steak?! Did you forget to put it in the little bag when attempting a sous vide?

True Sir. The taste was much inferior when boiled.

I'm leaning towards 60second medium heat frying pan with avacado oil it would seem.

can you fry steak in water, confused on this :-/

edited September 2016

Go forth and learn my friend:

(Substitute avocado oil for the olive oil if it's an issue for you, but that flavor of the quality olive oil is phenomenal.)

Next level:

A little sacrilegious?