Pregnancy Hormones - Please Advise

Intro:

I am posting here for my wife. She is about 2 months pregnant and is experiencing depression, nausea and lethargy. I have been a huge bulletproof fan for the past few years and can see a significant improvement in my own life. The more techniques that I adopt the better I feel and perform. I got her to start some of this over the past 9 months or so and we were starting to see more progress, but now that she is pregnant - nothing helps.

Body:

My semi-bulletproof wife has completely given up since she's gotten pregnant. She is under the impression that feeling like crap, having no energy, irritability is part of her genes since her mother had the same horrible experience and will no longer follow the bulletproof lifestyle. Trying to change this is "playing God" and the more I tell her how to feel better - the more she pushes me away.

We have the Better Baby Book and she has been following about a 60-70% bulletproof for the past few months. We found out that she is pregnant a few weeks back and has started eating crackers, pizza, cereal, waffles, etc. She cannot stomach the smell of healthy food and can no longer keep supplements down. She also has no energy to workout (even a walk down the street, is like battling a giant).

Now, she does not work and our 6 year old is in school. There is nothing that she has to do except keep out baby healthy, but I feel that her emotions are keeping her from doing the best that we can.

We used to to most of Dave's recommended supplements and also got some bio-identical progesterone, but she won't take ANYTHING.

I am asking for some psychological advice on how I can try to win her back over to the bulletproof lifestyle so that 1) she will no longer be wreaking havoc on our family's emotions and 2) give our new baby the proper nutrition it needs to be the best.

Disclaimer:

As a man, there is no way I can fully sympathize with her but I have done loads of research. :)

Comments

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

See if she will make just one change or read one of these. Once you learn a thing, you cannot unlearn it and pretending you don't know it is the only way to not act on it...   Vitamin C in high doses is one of the most powerful things to change a pregnancy from miserable to happy and healthy... Both for mother and baby.

Vitamin C and pregnancy

http://www.doctoryourself.com/klennerpaper.html

Vitamin C babies have virtually no instances of SIDS

https://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/199x/hattersley-jg-j_orthomol_med-1993-v8-n4-p229.htm

Not Taking Supplements Causes Miscarriage, Birthing Problems, Infant Mortality

http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v10n06.shtml

How to Cut Childbirth Time, Pain and Complications in Half

http://www.brainspankingnews.com/vitamin-c-childbirth/

And a little niacin and magnesium would be good also

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• Does she even like fruit at the time? She's obviously craving carbs, which means she needs SOMETHING she's not getting. That's the only thing I can think of that isn't "supplementary". Make her a smoothie she can drink, and maybe sneak some magnesium glycinate in there.

Psychological advice? I understand your pain and frustration, believe me. But the less you harass her on this, the better. The stress it causes isn't worth it, especially if she's not biting. On top of that, the more emotional support she has, the less she'll crave the short-term pleasure of eating and the more she'll listen to her body. Dealing with a particularly emotional human is like a Chinese finger-trap. Don't pull.

• Psychological advice? I understand your pain and frustration, believe me. But the less you harass her on this, the better. The stress it causes isn't worth it, especially if she's not biting. On top of that, the more emotional support she has, the less she'll crave the short-term pleasure of eating and the more she'll listen to her body. Dealing with a particularly emotional human is like a Chinese finger-trap. Don't pull.

Amen to this. I have stopped giving her the guilt trip each time she has sugar or bread...

Thank you both for the advice. We're both going to up our vit C intake as well :)