Is Hillary Biohacking (On Top Of The Regular 'hacking' She Does)?

Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭
edited September 2016 in Gangster Banter

Though I'm inclined to believe that Hillary has Parkinson's and there really is a big cover-up regarding her seizures (undeniably exemplified in her twin tower–like collapse on 9/11), I noticed that two of the most oft-cited talking points from the alternative media illustrating her ill health have been:

1. If she's interested in modafinil just to try and squeeze a few more productive hours out of her days (giving 10-minute speeches, coughing loudly and uncomfortably, and hugging little girls while suffering from pneumonia), then she's not doing anything weirder than Silicon Valley types like Dave who want to optimize performance. Because of my familiarity with this drug's general benignity and cross-prescription potential, I'm not holding this one against her. Her having sought it out is getting pretty trumped up, just because it has been prescribed for Parkinson's, and that fits the narrative of her hidden health problems.

She may have just been hanging out with someone in Hollywood who knew about Bulletproof and wanted to find out more about this prominent aspect of biohacking/sleep hacking. I'm sure elites everywhere know about Dave's anti-aging principles and biohacking stuff. In fact, if elites aren't utilizing this knowledge and technology, then I feel extra edgy for getting on top of it before most Hollywood actors and fat politicians caught on. Maybe they don't know more than we do after all?

2. And these blue specs she's wearing. Are they anything like what Dave wears? I know about blue-light blocking glasses, but are there ones specifically geared towards seizure prevention? Or does any pair of blue-light blocking glasses bestow this sort of protection, regardless of customization for an advanced degenerative neurological disorder? (Oh, and by the way, if she was wearing these for the purpose of preventing an episode in public, they failed miserably. Doesn't bode well for this company.)

I also heard one e-mail of hers where she mentioned decision fatigue. I don't blame Infowars for reading too much into it, because they probably haven't heard about this newly coined phrase describing a phenomenon common to every person, every day. We know about this stuff, because we're in tune with this particular side of the alternative health scene, but they just see a crazy medical-sounding expression as a chance to call out an example of her instability, making the case she's not fit for office. (Like I said, to me that's completely understandable, since it's not a commonly known concept and they're just reporting all the anomalies they can find that look like their supposition). But since I do know about these two rather obscure subjects, I'm just left wondering: Is Hillary listening to Bulletproof podcasts or something?

Comments

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

I am impressed that these folks can determine the brand, product line, material, and anti-seizure prescription of her lenses from a photograph. I've had opticians who couldn't tell me the brand and product line of my prescription lenses due to a supplier issue when they were the ones who originally sold them to me! You'd have to test the lenses on a diagnostic machine to make that kind of determination unless you were able to obtain the optician's records.

The InfoWars article title kind of blatantly illustrates their propaganda stance: "Hillary Looked Into Parkinson's Drug After Suffering From 'Decision Fatigue'". If we follow their method of determining what a Parkinson's drug is then aspirin or caffeine could be considered a Parkinson's drug. Provigil isn't a Parkinson's drug, and is not prescribed for Parkinson's disease. It's been used off-label and in one clinical study in relation to Parkinson's disease related fatigue.

In fact, if elites aren't utilizing this knowledge and technology, then I feel extra edgy for getting on top of it before most Hollywood actors and fat politicians caught on. Maybe they don't know more than we do after all?

Bingo! You'd be surprised at the antiquated methods that prominent actors use for bulking up / dropping weight for their different roles. Even some elite athletes use old school methods (and some do things that have been proven not to work) which is part of the motivation behind Dana White constructing a mega-facility for training and medical care of UFC fighters. The so-called "elite" class that politicians comprise is only "elite" because they are rich as hell. They don't have access to super-advanced hidden technology and are not hyper-intelligent, in fact most of them are downright incompetent a majority of the time. Hell, one of the prospective vice-presidential candidates thinks scientists lie to the public about the age of the Earth and evolution! I'll let you figure out which one he is ;) They can afford quality doctors but even then those doctors shy away from bleeding-edge medical science until it is an emergency. Unless of course you are Donald Trump, who's doctor is a former gastroenterologist who no longer practices and that writes these insane sounding non-professional letters about how super-healthy he thinks you are. The "elite" are just rich assholes making themselves richer by screwing over the public, that's what makes them "elite". 

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭
    edited September 2016

Hell, one of the prospective vice-presidential candidates thinks scientists lie to the public about the age of the Earth and evolution! I'll let you figure out which one he is ;) They can afford quality doctors but even then those doctors shy away from bleeding-edge medical science until it is an emergency. Unless of course you are Donald Trump, who's doctor is a former gastroenterologist who no longer practices and that writes these insane sounding non-professional letters about how super-healthy he thinks you are. The "elite" are just rich assholes making themselves richer by screwing over the public, that's what makes them "elite". 

Glad we could find just a smidge of common ground. I disagree with you on a great many things, as usual. Scientists do control the narrative on many, many things, most notoriously evolution and climate change. These are like sacrosanct to them, and if you question, you get blackballed. These are the kind of elites that need to go down. Research scientists and grant junkies. AKA the technocracy, or "rule by experts." You seem to have put your faith in them completely.

In fact, I bet you the University system, and those who hold the keys to what does and doesn't make it through the peer review process (along with which scientists get blackballed, like Andrew Wakefield and the CDC whistleblower did for their revelations on vaccines), are the ones who really have the good stuff. Politicians, actors, musicians, entertainers, and your regular rich dudes like Donald Trump don't get access to the real good stuff (like a probiotic that would completely rebalance your gut biome, hypothetically), because they'd probably spill the beans, being so exposed in the limelight and probably not completely controllable.

But do you think Hillary is biohacking if she's asking about Provigil? Do you think they're regular BLB glasses or something for Parkinson's? The person who said they were Zeiss had had some experience on the matter I believe, but yes they'd be going just on a glance at the footage that's available.

Scientists do control the narrative on many, many things, most notoriously evolution and climate change. These are like sacrosanct to them, and if you question, you get blackballed. These are the kind of elites that need to go down. Research scientists and grant junkies. AKA the technocracy, or "rule by experts." You seem to have put your faith in them completely.

There is no "narrative" to evolution or climate change. There is mountains of data. Quite literally, if you print it all out. Now, if you could provide data that refutes either one of those then you would gain prestige in the scientific world, but there is no need to blackball the ridiculous people who try to claim that evolution doesn't occur, they don't have any data. Most of our modern medical and manufacturing technology relies on evolutionary principles, and you can even see evolution happen in real time. This month is, once again, the hottest on record and we have seen climate change in our lifetime. You can see the destruction of the biosphere right now, from space. Greenland is melting, within the last week we have found the oldest known example of snowshoes due to glacial melt. There is no faith necessary, because you can do the work yourself. Take atmospheric measurements and plot climate trends, study evolution in your own lab. Don't take things on faith. That's why we have rigorous peer review and science constantly reevaluates our understanding of the world. Get into a lab and do the hard work! Replicate the experiments, do the field work!

In fact, I bet you the University system, and those who hold the keys to what does and doesn't make it through the peer review process (along with which scientists get blackballed, like Andrew Wakefield and the CDC whistleblower did for their revelations on vaccines), are the ones who really have the good stuff. 

Andrew Wakefield lied and falsified data, he wasn't blackballed. What "good stuff" do you think is out there that universities are keeping from the public?

But do you think Hillary is biohacking if she's asking about Provigil? Do you think they're regular BLB glasses or something for Parkinson's? The person who said they were Zeiss had had some experience on the matter I believe, but yes they'd be going just on a glance at the footage that's available.

I think Hillary is biohacking just about as much as wall street brokers who use an eightball of cocaine for day trading are biohacking. If she is interested in Provigil then it's probably for wakefulness like college students use Adderall. There's no possible way to know what kind of sunglasses she is wearing without examining the lenses or her optician's records. They look like blue sunglasses and, shockingly, some sunglasses are tinted blue!

All her symptoms are exactly what you would expect from someone who is 68 years old, overworked, taking wakefulness drugs, has chronic allergies, developed bacterial pneumonitis, and became dehydrated. She's a shitty candidate, just like Trump, and we're screwed enough without adding conspiracies on top of it. We don't pick our best to run our countries, we pick some of the worst. Even the worst get dehydrated and wear sunglasses though.

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

There is no "narrative" to evolution or climate change. There is mountains of data. Quite literally, if you print it all out. Now, if you could provide data that refutes either one of those then you would gain prestige in the scientific world, but there is no need to blackball the ridiculous people who try to claim that evolution doesn't occur, they don't have any data. Most of our modern medical and manufacturing technology relies on evolutionary principles, and you can even see evolution happen in real time. This month is, once again, the hottest on record and we have seen climate change in our lifetime. You can see the destruction of the biosphere right now, from space. Greenland is melting, within the last week we have found the oldest known example of snowshoes due to glacial melt. There is no faith necessary, because you can do the work yourself. Take atmospheric measurements and plot climate trends, study evolution in your own lab. Don't take things on faith. That's why we have rigorous peer review and science constantly reevaluates our understanding of the world. Get into a lab and do the hard work! Replicate the experiments, do the field work!

Andrew Wakefield lied and falsified data, he wasn't blackballed. What "good stuff" do you think is out there that universities are keeping from the public?

I think Hillary is biohacking just about as much as wall street brokers who use an eightball of cocaine for day trading are biohacking. If she is interested in Provigil then it's probably for wakefulness like college students use Adderall. There's no possible way to know what kind of sunglasses she is wearing without examining the lenses or her optician's records. They look like blue sunglasses and, shockingly, some sunglasses are tinted blue!

All her symptoms are exactly what you would expect from someone who is 68 years old, overworked, taking wakefulness drugs, has chronic allergies, developed bacterial pneumonitis, and became dehydrated. She's a shitty candidate, just like Trump, and we're screwed enough without adding conspiracies on top of it. We don't pick our best to run our countries, we pick some of the worst. Even the worst get dehydrated and wear sunglasses though.

All her symptoms are exactly what you would expect from someone who is 68 years old, overworked, taking wakefulness drugs, has chronic allergies, developed bacterial pneumonitis, and became dehydrated.

Heh, hahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahaahahah. Oh SpareFilms I think you made me blow out my side in laughter. If you think those are reasonable answers to her apparent health issues, well, you do not know a lot about health do you son?

We do not know what is wrong with Hillary, what we do know is what she is suffering from is not chronic allergies and bacterial pneumonia. How do we know that? Well, her chronic cough doesn't seem like an allergic cough. It seems more likely that it is a cough from taking Ace inhibitors. The conspiracy is that it is a cough from either her brain damage or Parkinson's, either could be true. Now granted if that was the case they should have switched medicines if they were smart enough. In addition, if she had bacterial pneumonia she would not be walking around all fine at her age, she would be hospitalized for at least a week. How does one get dehydrated or overheated from being outside in the upper 70's? If she was that frail and it was pneumonia she needs to be in a hospital ICU. If she is not intelligent enough to maintain proper hydration, we have a problem. But, what if the pneumonia was aspiration? That would tie in her having Parkinson's disease.

Look how low to the ground that van is? Look how she is being supported the entire time. Look how she looses all motor control at the end.

Then she emerges from Chelsea's apartment a few hours later and not a hospital, looking perfectly normal. Even if it was pneumonia, she made the quickest recovery for someone her age from almost dieing, get the fuck out of here.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

edited September 2016

hout adding conspiracies on top of it. We don't pick our best to run our countries, we pick some of the worst. Even the worst get dehydrated and wear sunglasses though.

'Scientific consensus' implies a narrative. It is in essence an unscientific concept. Scientists are supposed to constantly question and try to disprove existing theories. Even gravity. Constantly. You're supporting a system in which scientists are systematically persecuted for their studies that disagree with existing theories. There are huge groups of scientists and meteorologists that question global warming. I suppose you think they're involved in a conspiracy? Or they're just dunces? How do you explain that?

You mentioned mountains of data, yet I didn't see any signicant data you shared. Something about ice melt in Greenland (yes ice melts every year, then it comes back), and temperatures being hotter this year than ever? Based on what measurements? The ones where they moved the thermometers to the tarmac? Yeah that would squeeze a couple extra degrees out.

Wakefield was exonerated. Look it up. You did not address CDC whistleblower. 

Please share with me one example of macroevolution.

John covered the Hillary points quite well, so we're solid there.

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod
    My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • I like how folks who eat up the mainstream media word for word believe that any alternative media sources are just manipulating gullible fringe dwellers' opinions through spin, bias, and lies,  grooming them to be passive consumers with no ambition, silencing any voices that would expose the ridiculousness of their crazy theories, EXCEPT when they make it onto a major news network, because that is the epitome of credibility. The Alternative Media Conspiracy just can't dupe the major networks, they've got fact checkers!

I like how folks who eat up the alt-left social media content word for word believe that the mainstream media is manipulating the public opinion through censorship, spin, bias, and lies,  grooming them to be passive consumers with no ambition, silencing any voices that would dissent or wake people up, EXCEPT for their preferred blog sites and politicians who, with their highly emotional  content expose the Truth. The Conspiracy just can't silence those altruistic social justice warriors! 

I like how folks who eat up the alt-right social media content word for word believe that the mainstream media is manipulating the public opinion through censorship, spin, bias, and lies,  grooming them to be passive consumers with no ambition, silencing any voices that would dissent or wake people up, EXCEPT for good ol' alex jones and paul joseph watson, who, with their action movie-like videos expose the Truth. The Conspiracy just can't silence the loud texan and the smug brit!

• CallenCallen
    edited September 2016

All her symptoms are exactly what you would expect from someone who is 68 years old, overworked, taking wakefulness drugs, has chronic allergies, developed bacterial pneumonitis, and became dehydrated.

Heh, hahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahaahahah. Oh SpareFilms I think you made me blow out my side in laughter. If you think those are reasonable answers to her apparent health issues, well, you do not know a lot about health do you son?

We do not know what is wrong with Hillary, what we do know is what she is suffering from is not chronic allergies and bacterial pneumonia. How do we know that? Well, her chronic cough doesn't seem like an allergic cough. It seems more likely that it is a cough from taking Ace inhibitors. The conspiracy is that it is a cough from either her brain damage or Parkinson's, either could be true. Now granted if that was the case they should have switched medicines if they were smart enough. In addition, if she had bacterial pneumonia she would not be walking around all fine at her age, she would be hospitalized for at least a week. How does one get dehydrated or overheated from being outside in the upper 70's? If she was that frail and it was pneumonia she needs to be in a hospital ICU. If she is not intelligent enough to maintain proper hydration, we have a problem. But, what if the pneumonia was aspiration? That would tie in her having Parkinson's disease.

Look how low to the ground that van is? Look how she is being supported the entire time. Look how she looses all motor control at the end.

Then she emerges from Chelsea's apartment a few hours later and not a hospital, looking perfectly normal. Even if it was pneumonia, she made the quickest recovery for someone her age from almost dieing, get the fuck out of here.

Damn. Brisson just went in on that poor soul with no lube. 

edited September 2016

'Scientific consensus' implies a narrative. It is in essence an unscientific concept. Scientists are supposed to constantly question and try to disprove existing theories. Even gravity. Constantly. You're supporting a system in which scientists are systematically persecuted for their studies that disagree with existing theories. There are huge groups of scientists and meteorologists that question global warming. I suppose you think they're involved in a conspiracy? Or they're just dunces? How do you explain that?

"Scientific consensus" does not imply a narrative, it implies a consensus. Theories are constantly being challenged and updated. The theory of gravity has been updated within the last year due to the discovery of gravity waves. Do you have any proof of scientists being persecuted for disagreeing with existing theories, as opposed to being shown that they are just wrong?

Scientists don't always agree, and can be wrong. Even climate scientists. No conspiracy needed. On a side-note, global warming and climate change are not the same thing.

https://pmm.nasa.gov/education/articles/whats-name-global-warming-vs-climate-change

You mentioned mountains of data, yet I didn't see any signicant data you shared.

Because I'm not going to teach you a course on basic evolutionary biology. Do you have any idea how broad a topic that is? This is why textbooks are written. Try Campbell's Biology, 10th Edition, take a college evolutionary biology course, or go online to Coursera or Khan's Academy and learn basic evolutionary biology. Coursera and Khan's are the free options. 

Something about ice melt in Greenland (yes ice melts every year, then it comes back), 

The ice is not coming back, that's why archaeologists are able to find artifacts that were underneath previously permanent layers of ice. There is glacial recession globally.

https://nsidc.org/glims/glaciermelt/

temperatures being hotter this year than ever? Based on what measurements? The ones where they moved the thermometers to the tarmac? Yeah that would squeeze a couple extra degrees out.

I have no idea what tarmacs you are talking about. Here is one site detailing some of the meteorological procedures used to take annual and monthly temperature readings:

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/

Here's the link to a global measurement station map:
    http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/stdata/

graph.png

Here's another handy graph showing temperature trends from 1880 to 2016:

57d7c6291800001034bd10c8.png

Notice anything? Almost like there's a...change. A...climate change.

Wakefield was exonerated. Look it up. You did not address whistleblower CDC whistleblower. 

Wakefield's co-author was exonerated. He was also charged with significantly less fraud. Sorry I didn't address an unnamed CDC whistleblower.

Please share with me one example of macroevolution.

"Macroevolution" = "microevolution" * time

Thus every species on the planet is an example of "macroevolution" since every species undergoes "microevolution" every time they reproduce.

Oh, you mean a specific example? Let's go with some well known ones from basic biology courses: Culex pipiens f. molestus (London Underground Mosquito). Flavobacterium sp. KI72. Larus gulls. Ensatina eschscholtzii (Ensatina salamander). 

• Well, at least this thread is in the banter section...
    edited September 2016

John I think you might have missed my point a bit. I merely listed the symptoms "officially" reported and found them to, on their surface, be consistent with someone fainting outside while incidentally wearing blue sunglasses and taking Provigil. I'll provide my thoughts on your points, but I'm not going to attempt to diagnose someone from video clips, that's absurd.

We do not know what is wrong with Hillary, what we do know is what she is suffering from is not chronic allergies and bacterial pneumonia. How do we know that? Well, her chronic cough doesn't seem like an allergic cough. It seems more likely that it is a cough from taking Ace inhibitors. The conspiracy is that it is a cough from either her brain damage or Parkinson's, either could be true. 

Your claim to know what her medical condition is not has been based on what her cough seems like to you, on video clips. From what I've gathered she has a cough, and it's been said by her press staff to be allergy related. I'm not prepared to diagnose the causes of coughs from video clips.

In addition, if she had bacterial pneumonia she would not be walking around all fine at her age, she would be hospitalized for at least a week. How does one get dehydrated or overheated from being outside in the upper 70's? If she was that frail and it was pneumonia she needs to be in a hospital ICU. If she is not intelligent enough to maintain proper hydration, we have a problem. But, what if the pneumonia was aspiration? That would tie in her having Parkinson's disease.

While I agree that the sudden release of a bacterial pneumonia diagnosis is a bit of a stretch, it would explain why she was dehydrated. It's also the "official" diagnosis from her doctor (note that the word "official" is a bit triggering to the conspiratorially-inclined), and details on the severity of the case has not been released to the public. It is certainly possible for a person in their late 60s to be up and walking around with a developing case of pneumonia, especially if they refuse to tell their staff about the issue and use various drugs to keep themselves on their feet, so why are we not speculating that she's on these types of drugs? 

Provigil is also insanely dehydrating for some people and had me going through roughly a gallon of water per 8hr work day (a pint bottle every hour). So if she's using that and has some other medical issue? Dehydration.

Dysphagia and aspiration related pneumonia could explain it just as well, except for the whole assuming-she-has-Parkinson's aspect, which I find to be an unfounded leap to make as of yet. 

To be blunt, she looks more drunk than anything else. Coming back out with sunglasses on is also consistent with a hangover. A hangover would also make you dehydrated. Then again, having had moderate heat stroke a handful of times, you can recover from heat stroke related fainting within a few hours as well. That's not particularly remarkable. 

Frankly there are dozens of things which can explain her fainting, but we are not speculating about them because there is no nice and tidy preconcieved framework to pop them into. A hangover, recreational drugs, targeted microwave weapons, poison, chemotherapy, all of these would explain her collapse to some degree.

What we actually know is that her protective detail helped her to her car, she fainted at the car, she went to her daughter's apartment instead of a hospital (which is weird) and she came back out. All while wearing blue sunglasses. Her doctor released an official statement that on the surface is consistent with the symptoms. 

The more important point is that somehow we are stuck in a nightmare where we have to choose between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump for president. That's an actual conspiracy!

You probably HAVE to be an alcoholic to be a politician and live with yourself. Either that or....a lizard!

So those old Budweiser lizards were actually ex-politicians?

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod
    My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,

308299_2.jpg

• Can't hack your way out of old age. Even with all the 'anti-aging' stuff out there. The more money you have the more you can try to optimize things, buy the best houses, foods, tech, supplements, personal trainers. Yet billionaires still die regularly. What does that tell us? See the first thing I said in this post.

Anyway, people get sick. That's life.

• Can't hack your way out of old age. Even with all the 'anti-aging' stuff out there. The more money you have the more you can try to optimize things, buy the best houses, foods, tech, supplements, personal trainers. Yet billionaires still die regularly. What does that tell us? See the first thing I said in this post.

I agree with your main point.

But still, I wonder how poorly they do it. They probably buy the "best doctors" that tell them to eat less meat and down a bunch of fish oil and resveratrol, and call it good until a problem comes up. Good personal trainers, I have more faith in. Although, I've seen some poorly designed celebrity workouts. Healthiest houses, pshhh. That's an empty adobe hut with a "bulletproof bed" and an air purifier in a comfortable climate.

Morbid as it sounds, I want to see how long Dave lives. He's doing it better than people far, far richer than him.

• The more important point is that somehow we are stuck in a nightmare where we have to choose between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump for president. That's an actual conspiracy!

Yep!

• I agree with your main point.

But still, I wonder how poorly they do it. They probably buy the "best doctors" that tell them to eat less meat and down a bunch of fish oil and resveratrol, and call it good until a problem comes up. Good personal trainers, I have more faith in. Although, I've seen some poorly designed celebrity workouts. Healthiest houses, pshhh. That's an empty adobe hut with a "bulletproof bed" and an air purifier in a comfortable climate.

Morbid as it sounds, I want to see how long Dave lives. He's doing it better than people far, far richer than him.

That's a good question. There was a thread on here on how some 'famous' people eat. Turned out to be a largely paleo-type of diet. But that's probably just a few. I don't think many get regular blood tests (the BP crowd here probably gets tested much more), and adjust their diet/supplements based on that. For a lot of them it's probably impossible to avoid blue light after sunset, and when they inevitably feel ill they turn to conventional medicine, and don't change much about their lifestyle.

As far as Dave goes, he does have the whole BP lifestyle, but on the other hand he is pushing himself to the limit. So I wouldn't expect anything out of the ordinary in terms of longevity. What I see as healthy aging is to be able to do all you want in life up to a certain normal life up to a certain age, with a fast and steep drop at the end. Or not even any health issues but simply a peaceful, natural death. That's in contrast with the type of aging we see a lot more: chronic disease for decades until the end.

edited September 2016

Scientists don't always agree, and can be wrong. Even climate scientists. No conspiracy needed. On a side-note, global warming and climate change are not the same thing.

https://pmm.nasa.gov/education/articles/whats-name-global-warming-vs-climate-change

The ice is not coming back, that's why archaeologists are able to find artifacts that were underneath previously permanent layers of ice. There is glacial recession globally.

https://nsidc.org/glims/glaciermelt/

I have no idea what tarmacs you are talking about. Here is one site detailing some of the meteorological procedures used to take annual and monthly temperature readings:

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/

Here's the link to a global measurement station map:
    http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/stdata/

Wakefield's co-author was exonerated. He was also charged with significantly less fraud. Sorry I didn't address an unnamed CDC whistleblower.

One thing at a time: CDC Whistleblower was William Thompson. You're going to have to sift through a lot of conflicting arguments to "debunk" his claim. Just like the micromanagement of the work of persecuted Andrew Wakefield. I simply can't think of a reason to question these guys' motives. I'll let people decide for themselves whether they believe Wakefield was just furthering his personal career/status when he did his original studies, and that the CDC and vaccines companies that benefit from controlling the outcomes of studies are more credible.

The same goes for climate change, global warming, and global cooling. It's all the same fearmongering lies. We can't be sure what the reason for the IPCC's deathgrip on the consensus and seemingly limitless scientific funds for its pointless research is, but we do know they've rebranded many times as the article you shared demonstrates (and will most likely continue to do so). But look, we do need to be concerned about the environment. And corporations do need to be regulated, more for their industrial pollution including petrochemicals, pesticides, and now electromagnetic pollution and pollution of the genetic code. It's just this insanity about your own personal impact that needs to be shut down. Specifically re: my "carbon footprint." I have a catalytic converter. I get my inspections. But even if I didn't, and I was just using the products, I don't think that would be my responsibility. The creators of dangerous/harmful technology need to be regulated, not the users—they just need to be made aware so they can vote with their dollar. 

So I could address you on all of these points, all day long, but we would still disagree. Individuals are not the problem. It is corporations and governmental entities that are. So until you start to develop a healthy distrust of the establishment and prove it in your rhetoric (which doesn't involve branding and dismissing those who distrust the authorities as conspiracy theorists), we won't be able to find common ground. 

There should be a new rule: You don't get to use alt-right hashtags and be part of our cooler counter-culture unless you are somewhat aligned with their principles.

I like how folks who eat up the mainstream media word for word believe that any alternative media sources are just manipulating gullible fringe dwellers' opinions through spin, bias, and lies,  grooming them to be passive consumers with no ambition, silencing any voices that would expose the ridiculousness of their crazy theories, EXCEPT when they make it onto a major news network, because that is the epitome of credibility. The Alternative Media Conspiracy just can't dupe the major networks, they've got fact checkers!

I like how folks who eat up the alt-left social media content word for word believe that the mainstream media is manipulating the public opinion through censorship, spin, bias, and lies,  grooming them to be passive consumers with no ambition, silencing any voices that would dissent or wake people up, EXCEPT for their preferred blog sites and politicians who, with their highly emotional  content expose the Truth. The Conspiracy just can't silence those altruistic social justice warriors! 

I like how folks who eat up the alt-right social media content word for word believe that the mainstream media is manipulating the public opinion through censorship, spin, bias, and lies,  grooming them to be passive consumers with no ambition, silencing any voices that would dissent or wake people up, EXCEPT for good ol' alex jones and paul joseph watson, who, with their action movie-like videos expose the Truth. The Conspiracy just can't silence the loud texan and the smug brit!

So you're suggesting that once something gets enough traction in the mainstream media from its constantly being presented in the alternative media, it should immediately be dismissed by virtue of its prominence. What you're talking about is contrarianism, not pursuit of the Truth. The outlets on the fringe are expected to cover the alternative narrative, and obscure topics first and foremost—but it would discredit them if the things they brought into the limelight would then be covered differently once that point of view became mainstream. It is to their credit that sites like Infowars are presenting the same narrative in light of the rise of what Rachel Maddow calls "the new normal," regardless of the populism and "unfringe" status of the beliefs they're espousing. This is how new political parties are formed and eliminated. Some just go to the wayside, like the Whig party. 

What you're implying as a flaw in the alternative media would be the same as saying your favorite band now sucks if they get popular. Or more broadly your favorite style of music. I didn't stop liking the indie sound when bands like Interpol, the Strokes, and Arcade Fire started cropping up in the mainstream. I celebrated that my counterculture had elevated the state of the art, and enjoyed the new wave of musical enlightenment and influence that great idea had now come to enjoy.

When organic, whole food becomes popular, and genetically modified food becomes fringe, will you start to eat at McDonald's again, drummin'? You'd be foolish if so. 

I really really hope that people reading this have a brain and realize the outrageous logical fallacy suggested in the quoted post.

Can't hack your way out of old age. Even with all the 'anti-aging' stuff out there. The more money you have the more you can try to optimize things, buy the best houses, foods, tech, supplements, personal trainers. Yet billionaires still die regularly. What does that tell us? See the first thing I said in this post.

Are you implying that Hillary is old? Sparefilms, troll this conspiracy theorist!

That's a good question. There was a thread on here on how some 'famous' people eat. Turned out to be a largely paleo-type of diet. But that's probably just a few. I don't think many get regular blood tests (the BP crowd here probably gets tested much more), and adjust their diet/supplements based on that. For a lot of them it's probably impossible to avoid blue light after sunset, and when they inevitably feel ill they turn to conventional medicine, and don't change much about their lifestyle.

As far as Dave goes, he does have the whole BP lifestyle, but on the other hand he is pushing himself to the limit. So I wouldn't expect anything out of the ordinary in terms of longevity. What I see as healthy aging is to be able to do all you want in life up to a certain normal life up to a certain age, with a fast and steep drop at the end. Or not even any health issues but simply a peaceful, natural death. That's in contrast with the type of aging we see a lot more: chronic disease for decades until the end.

Thank you for staying on topic of the post! This is a great contribution to the discussion.

I agree Dave kind of biohacks despite himself sometimes, because he does go balls out flying all over the country, sleep-hacking all the way through it, when he'd be much healthier and live longer if he didn't. That's the weight he bears.

• No. My point is that i think it's ridiculous to put too much faith in any media source, and that the more immersed you are in any one particular bias the smaller your perspective is. The further you go down the infowars rabbit hole the less aware you are of everything they omit or ignore. I think that's how life in general is.
  • The truth cannot be found in the media. The only thing media is good for is distraction and that is only if one wishes to be distracted. The internet in general as a medium and this forum as specific media, is providing refuge from the truth for me, for a lil bit. 

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Yeah, distraction is a good word. When people these days talk about being "woke", or even "informed", distracted is what they really mean.
  • WalterWalter ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

Are you implying that Hillary is old? Sparefilms, troll this conspiracy theorist!

Both candidates are old yes. Extremely old.

• Thank you for staying on topic of the post! This is a great contribution to the discussion.

I agree Dave kind of biohacks despite himself sometimes, because he does go balls out flying all over the country, sleep-hacking all the way through it, when he'd be much healthier and live longer if he didn't. That's the weight he bears.

Calorie-restriction is the way to go if you want to live longer. But that's like living life at a slow pace, not something any of the 'type A personalities' ever want. They want to sleep little, go full throttle during every waking hour, and not waste any second doing nothing.