Rally The Troops, Major Battle Ahead!

I was diagnosed with MS (Multiple Sclerosis) today, after a three year period of all kinds of strange manifestations of this debilitating disease. IT SUCKS image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> BIG TIME! I am 20, only 20 and already seems to have been smacked quite awesomely in the head by life itself. However, time is not for feeling sorry nor for blaming God, red pandas or vegans, but instead to mobilise to combat this thing which is wrecking havoc in my CNS. The reason why I am turning to the Bulletproof forums is precisely because, as of now, I will be doing everything within my power to stop this curse in its tracks and hopefully drive it across the border so the the lands of Me, and the peaceful citizens that inhabit the lush and green fields will once again find in peace and prosperity!

I am very familiar with the work of Terry Wahls. She is, in my optics, a great doctor and an amazing woman, I have the highest amount of respect for her and admire her for coming back from MS, seeing how many people slowly, but steadily succumb and eventually die having lived a life of very little. I recognise that her dietary recommendations are very advisable to follow, and especially the lists of supplements she provides has caught my attention, these being Q10, B-vitamins, creatine and ALA along with the animal variants of Omega 3 oils.

This is good, I have these on my list as of now, BUT, and this is where my plea for help finds its relevance, MIGHT there be something I need to consider which I have not included? Its very possible, and that is way I am posting this. This forum is awesome, and I am confident that it will be very worth my while to request the assistance of the collective, even for the slightest hint or tiniest contribution to my arsenal.

I have, for the past few months introduced bulletproof coffee into my diet, and it has since become a stable. I am able to tolerate very high amounts of blended butter and MCT oil, which I think will serve me good, seeing how it seems so critical for MS patients to have a high intake of fat for the reconstruction of the damaged myelin. Especially MCT oil seems to be a potentially very powerful weapon in combating MS, and I will be implementing it into my ketogenic diet as well, which I will try out for experimental purposes. I am contemplating as of now, whether I should record all this and make it a video diary, maybe even put it on youtube (However, as I am not in this for the sympathetic comments etc, I might not, I just need sound advise) - Seeing how it might become valuable information for somebody, or just for myself.

A slightly disorganised post, that's the game with a brain which is not on top of its game, however I hope to cash in a few hints and tricks along the way, and trust this forum to be an instrumental part of the eventual recovery.

Conzed!
Tagged:

Comments

• Wow. Powerful stuff.

I don't know much about MS, but am assuming you also look at environmental causes/co-factors.

I will follow your progress, and hope there are ways in which I can lend support.
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    I guess it goes without saying that you should listen to the podcast episode with Terry Wahls!

You'll find a lot of knowledgable people on here, I hope you find what you're looking for.
  • good luck, man. my mom was recently diagnosed, too.
  • Good luck. Don't neglect your spiritual side either. I believe sometimes we get sick to learn a lesson. My struggles with health have taught me many things amd I'm greatfull for the lessons I've learned.

Eat a bulletproof diet, remove as many toxins from your life as possible and drink clean water.

http://www.findaspring.com/
  • Conzed92Conzed92
    edited January 2013

I guess it goes without saying that you should listen to the podcast episode with Terry Wahls!

You'll find a lot of knowledgable people on here, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Just finished it image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> The combination of Asprey/Wahls is a powerful one.

I am trying to procure a lot of the supplements needed for the radical version of Bulletproof fasting, as getting rid of excess toxins stored in fat seems only possible by shredding it from the body, and that seems hard to do optimally without intermittent fasting. For brain maintenance I plan on spending most of my time in ketosis, as it seems that this is the time where the brain is making the most efficient use of fats as energy and repair material.

PS. Anyone know of a supplement that will help with fat digestion? I REALLY need to procure something that does this, as I have been having gastrointestinal problems, due to some of the consequences of MS, properly, it could be totally unrelated as well, however bottom-line is that I really need to get my hands on enzymes that will aid me in the digestion of the huge amounts of fat that I take in daily.

Would BCAA's be useful or just waste of time?
  • Pierre EklundPierre Eklund pierre.eklund@gmail.com
    edited January 2013
    Oxbile is recommended by Dave Asprey for fat digestion.
    Please email me instead of PM

pierre.eklund@gmail.com
  • Conzed92Conzed92
    edited January 2013
    'Pierre wrote:

COOL! And BCAA's are not mentioned?

PS:

Any special brand? I know I should be investigating this myself, but I have been really busy with the docs image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • I would highly encourage you to read SPARK. I don't know what Dave thinks about it, but I read it very carefully and the author backs up everything with research (which is the point of BP anyway). The book contains information on exactly how some exercises affect BDNF, HGH, and other critical hormones. I would at least read any relevant chapters in a barnes and noble. Best of luck and I will keep you in my prayers.

http://www.amazon.com/Spark-Revolutionary-Science-Exercise-Brain/dp/0316113506/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359043384&sr=8-1&keywords=spark
    Ricky
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    'Pierre wrote:

Ox bile or ox bile extract as well as Lipase supplements.
  • Betaine HCL is good for digestion, I found it useful when transitioning into a high fat diet.

Also you might want to check out Steve Fowkes stuff, some of his ideas went into the bulletproofing alcohol techniques Dave has on his blog. You can find some of his writing on projectwellbeing.com. He's got a series of clips on YouTube on reversing Alzheimers, I haven't watched it yet but I've seen some of his other clips and they're def. interesting for a biohacker.

Glutathione seems like it'd be a weapon of choice for your situation. Liposomal glutathione runs pretty expensive though. I've just seen in Steve Fowke's YT comments:

zeebeewee 2 months ago

My sister and I have been nebulizing glutathione (mixed with baking soda) and have had amazing results, especially for my sister's asthma. This in combo with the paleo diet has been remarkable. Nebulizing provides a much higher degree of absorption as compared to ingesting

swfowkes 1 month ago

Nebulizers are effective and inexpensive ways to deliver sensitive substances to the body. Orally, between 50% and 95% of glutathione is digested into dipeptide or free amino acids, so nebulization is a great alternative--and much easier to do at home (and more frequently) than IVs. Asthma is a common manifestation of hypometabolic condition, like migraines. Both respond to reduced-sulfur substances consistently.

swfowkes 1 month ago

If you want to learn more about this aspect of asthma, read pages 17-24 of the BHT Book, available as a free PDF download from the Project Wellbeing website (the Steve page), which discusses general drug and nutrient effects on viral disease (another hypometabolic pathology).

On a glance it looks like a pretty good way to hack the costs of supplementing w/ glutathione. Oral glutathione supps mixed w/ baking soda in a nebulizer...

Wonder if you can make it into rock form. Probs not BP lol.
  • Conzed92Conzed92
    edited January 2013
    Here's my list so far:

MS-Protocol:

Q10

L-Glutathione (Upgraded)

MCT oil (Upgraded)

Vitamin B complex

Betaine HCL

Ox Bile (Maybe)

Omega 3 (Krill Oil)

Probiotics

A f*ckload of BP coffee image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Seriously though, it would kill me to figure out that coffee has detrimental effects on MS patients.
  • Hi, I realise this is an old post. Just wondering if you're able to update us on your progress?
    Has the BP diet helped, what have you found most beneficial etc.
    My sister's friend has just been diagnosed with MS and I would love to hear from anyone on this forum who also has MS and is having success managing it with BP.
    Thanks, BMK.

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

@BMK
    Make her read The Wahls Protocol. Twice.
    Not just diet. EVERYTHING.
    Fix her gut.
    Manage her stress.
    Make her drink a lot of water.
    Exercise.
    Sleep.
    Love.
    Gratitude.
    Allergies. Including Butter!!!!!!!!!!
    Sunlight!!!!!!

THINK POSITIVE. Self healing.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• @DMan said:

Make her read The Wahls Protocol. Twice.

perfect timing :)