Help - Poor Sleep, Mid Day Lack Of Energy/motivation

Hey Bullet Proofer's and Bio Hackers,

I just started the bulletproof coffee and XCT oil about 2 months ago and have subscribed to the Brain Octane, XCT oil and always have grass fed ghee on hand. I also take charcoal occasionally. I just ordered the diet and cook book kit, but for the most part my diet is fairly healthy.

I thought I would reach out and try and get some help from the experts and anyone who possibly has dealt with this and has success improving these issues, I feel they go hand in hand....

Issue #1:

I suffer from waking up during the night about every 2-3 hours, literally every night. It is not the same time each night, but I wake between the hours of 12:30-4:30AM, going to bed around 10:00-10:30PM. I've tried melatonin and do not see any improved deep sleep or sleeping through the night.

Issue #2:

I've also have been struggling with the afternoon low energy levels and motivation starting around 2:00PM. I've been trying ways to increase energy levels but I feel like nothing is working and it's starting to take a toll on my performance at work and life at home.

A little background information about me:

I'm 27 years old, 180Lbs, 5'-11", Type 1 diabetic 8.5 A1C (diagnosed at 22 yrs old), married with 2 cats. I have  a fairly demanding/stressful job (Electrical Designer), most working hours I'm in front of a computer and drive in traffic for 1.5-2 hours a day, on top of a 9-10 hour work day.

Daily Routine with supplements:

Morning Routine:

Lemon Juice/Himalayan Pink Salt (6:45AM)

Berry/Acai Smoothie: Creatine 5g/ Glutamine 5g /Whey 24g, no juice or yogurt just water (7:00-7:45AM)

Coffee with Brain Octane/Organic Grass Fed Ghee (8:30AM)

Supplements before Breakfast (9:00AM):

MultiVitamin : Garden Of Life Vitamin Code

Fish Oil - (1000mg)

Alpha Lipoc Acid - (1200mg)

ZMA - (Mag:450mg, Zinc:30mg, B-6 10.5mg_x2)

BioAstin (12mg)

Aged Garlic (600mg)

Breakfast (9:30AM):

24g protein (as milk) w/ granola

Lunch (1:00-2:00PM):

Sandwiches, chilli with brown rice, lentils with brown rice, pasta's

Supplements before afternoon smoothie (3:00PM):

MultiVitamin : Garden Of Life Vitamin Code

Alpha Lipoc Acid - (1200mg)

ZMA - (Mag:450mg, Zinc:30mg, B-6 10.5mg_x2)

Aged Garlic (600mg)

Afternoon smoothie: (4:00PM)

Berry/Acai Smoothie: XCT Oil/ Creatine 5g/ Glutamine 5g /Whey 24g, no juice or yogurt just water

Dinner (7:00PM):

Meat or FIsh, Salad, Veggies and/or Carbs

Desert (Sometimes):

Milk and cookies or Yogurt and Peanut Butter or Berry Smoothies

Night time:

MegaFood - Tension Release

Gaia - Kava Pills (x2), on extra stressful days

If you need any additional information, to provide any possible solutions please let me know.

Please any help, recommendations, and suggestions would be great!!!

1.    Type of Lab work to have performed to try and identify the problem/issue?

2.    Changing my current supplement intake (adding/removing/changing dosage/time taken)?

3.    Tools to help promote sleep?

· Contemplating getting the Blue LED blocking glasses.

4.    Nootropic suggestions (Stacks)?

· I've looked into CILTEP and saw good reviews but while researching one Bullet proofer commented "nootropic" may not be the answer to mid day low energy and actually may be caused by "burning both ends of the wick" and not getting a good night sleep. Suggested getting a good night sleep may be all one needs, and I definitely don't get good sleep.

​Thank you for any advice becoming more bullet proof!!!​

​Kyle

Comments

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016

I don't have the answers, but just a few thoughts,

Swap the granola with oat bran*.

Swap the brown rice with white rice.

Swap the pasta with rice noodles.

Stop eating bread. Exclude all grains (including oats), except for white rice.

Do you have a copy of the bulletproof diet pdf ?

(Google bulletproof diet pdf).

Dave classes lentils as toxic on the pdf.

* Dave also classes oats as toxic. Personally i recently introduced oat bran to my diet, which I think are a safer bet than whole oats. But still not BulletproofTM

fake it till you make it

• Got any sleep apnea going on?

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

it might be your stressfull job. what about light? staring at bright monitors/screens at night and th hours before bed? Also the afternoon thing. I find ketosis, small meals, moving/exercise and hcl help me with the afternoon. just some general ideas...

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• RekaReka ✭✭✭ ✭✭✭

How easy is it for you to get up in the morning and go to sleep in the evening? I think your tiredness is due to the fact that you never get a good night's sleep, no wonder you can't keep up with all those demands if you are not getting enough sleep. Maybe it's the high and inappropriately timed stress hormones that keep waking you up during the night. Maybe your diurnal cortisol patterns are messed up.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭

any updates @kkerstettersd_BP

fake it till you make it