Charcoal & Constipation

Hi, I have the tendency to be constipated and wonder if taking charcoal makes this worse, as you normally take it to stop diarrhoea. Has anybody with the same tendency noticed a worsening when taking Charcoal??
Thank You

Comments

• Yes, Activated Charcoal can cause constipation and especially if you already have gut issues. I still take AC because it helps with getting rid of acne. If I feel constipated then I will purposely induce diarrhea by taking more than the recommended dose of Brain Octane and not leave the house for the rest of that day.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-269-activated charcoal.aspx?activeingredientid=269&

Activated charcoal is safe for most adults when used short-term. Side effects of activated charcoal include constipation and black stools. More serious, but rare, side effects are a slowing or blockage of the intestinal tract, regurgitation into the lungs, and dehydration.
    Special Precautions & Warnings:
    Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Activated charcoal might be safe when used short-term if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, but consult with your healthcare professional before using if you are pregnant.

Gastrointestinal (GI) blockage or slow movement of food through the intestine: Don’t use activated charcoal if you have any kind of intestinal obstruction. Also, if you have a condition that slows the passage of food through your intestine (reduced peristalsis), don’t use activated charcoal, unless you are being monitored by your healthcare provider.

• Activated charcoal increased lifespan of mice by 45% and C60 increased lifespan of mice by over 95%.

• @ChrisMaher is this C-60 a detox approach ? and anyone have any input ,im wondering what would be my best approach i ordered the coconut activated charcoal from BP and wondering if anyone knows should i take something along with this Activated Charcoal to help its job , or keep proper hydration or promote excretion of toxins? any input would help :)

• Hi, A friend said you have to drink much more water when using charcoal. Hope that helps someone.