Sugar Addiction

What is the best way to get my body in ketosis? I have extreme sugar cravings and feel like getting off sugar my body feels like it's getting off heroin. I profusely sweat, feel like I'm going to pass out and am VERY edgy. I'm trying to become far adapted and I really want to start jason Fung's fasting protocol but I get stuck. I started taking 500 Mcg's of chromium. Any other ideas? Thank you!

Comments

• I used to have massive sugar/carb cravings. I could eat enough of a variety of chocolate bars to be nearly sick and then push them aside only to find that 20 mins later I'm reaching for them.

Now, after nearly a year on a well forumulated whole foods ketogenic diet I don't have these cravings any longer. Serious emotional events can still trigger cravings but I now find dark chocolate with 90% cacao to be a bit too far on the sweet side for my tastes. I eat 90% dark chocolate (100% is too bitter for me but I use it melted and then add stevia) and stevia in coffee and occasionally in real whipped cream but other than that I now find that I crave vegetables, seafood, lightly cooked meat and a variety of other foods that I consider healthy. It's amazing how quickly that change came about and what a world of difference it has made.

As for ketosis, you might consider fasting to help get you there quickly of the start but I found many of the benefits of a ketogenic diet only came after being on it for a few months. It was reasonably easy for me off the start and now I find it incredibly easy since I largely eat anything I want to any time I feel hungry -- but incredibly I don't get anywhere near as hungry being in ketosis and I feel so much better in that state.

• @Mandyg said:
    What is the best way to get my body in ketosis? I have extreme sugar cravings and feel like getting off sugar my body feels like it's getting off heroin. I profusely sweat, feel like I'm going to pass out and am VERY edgy. I'm trying to become far adapted and I really want to start jason Fung's fasting protocol but I get stuck. I started taking 500 Mcg's of chromium. Any other ideas? Thank you!

You just have to ride it out, unfortunately. When I first weaned off sugar and carbs, I was working 55 hours of back-breaking manual labor a day. It was hell, but I got through it.

• Just start adding Brain Octane oil to everything and soon you will find that you have enough energy to say no to sugar.