Warming up Lunch at work without Microwave

So since Dave says microwaving food is a no no what do you guys do about warming up your food at the office when all there is a microwave what is the work around if there is one?
Thanks

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Leave it in the windowsill for a few hours before your lunch break?

Seriously, when I worked in an office setting, I would either bring stuff that didn't need warmed up (nuts, jerky, food bars, fruits/veg, salad, etc) or would use the microwave in short bursts. Warming things up in 20-30 second bursts, stirring, and then repeating until the food is warmed throughout seems to be a pretty good way to avoid denaturing any proteins and whatnot.

Some have recommended getting electric steamers or mini crockpots or things like that. If you have a place to keep it at your place of work, then maybe something along those lines would be better than the micro, but I wouldn't stress it. Food doesn't taste great if you nuke it for several minutes at a time, but using it as outlined above should result in tasty food without any significant loss in nutrients/protein quality/etc.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

@Skeletor said:

Because everything freezes under Windows. :P

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

@Reka said:

@Skeletor said:

Because everything freezes under Windows. :P

Oops, no, that only makes sense for keeping it cold. To warm up, you can put it on a slow, overheating computer.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.