Lactose Free Milk or Lactose free cream

MaxMindMaxMind
edited December 2016 in Bulletproof Diet

So is this just as bad as normal pasteurized milk or better?

Comments

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

If you cannot handle lactose, then it is better.

Personally, I think milk homogenisation could be a more critical health related factor than pasteurisation.
    Milk homogenisation destroys the milk fat globule membrane (MFGM).

fake it till you make it

• MaxMindMaxMind
    edited December 2016

@daz said:
    If you cannot handle lactose, then it is better.

Personally, I think milk homogenisation could be a more critical health related factor than pasteurisation.
    Milk homogenisation destroys the milk fat globule membrane (MFGM).

So what you're trying to say is I shouldn't get caught up on if it's lactose free or not (unless allergic to lactose) but instead focus on the raw ness of the milk with high pure fats?

I have a feeling that any benefits that come from consuming raw milk,
    are more to do with the fact that it is non homogenised, more so than the fact it is unpasteurised.

I will happily drink non homogenised pasteurised milk... I cannot get raw milk where I live anyway.

fake it till you make it

• @daz said:
    are more to do with the fact that it is non homogenised, more so than the fact it is unpasteurised.

I will happily drink non homogenised pasteurised milk... I cannot get raw milk where I live anyway.

Oohhh. You mean that when the fat in the milk hasn't been mixed into a stable form all throughout the milk is better, got it!

edited December 2016

@MaxMind said:

@daz said:

Oohhh. You mean that when the fat in the milk hasn't been mixed into a stable form all throughout the milk is better, got it!

Correct.

Google MFGM for more info.
    I can post up a few related article links later, if you are interested...or should I say if you Like

fake it till you make it

• @daz said:

@MaxMind said:

@daz said:

Correct.

I can post up a few related article links later, if you are interested...or should I say if you Like

Please do. :)

edited December 2016

@MaxMind said:

@daz said:

@MaxMind said:

@daz said:

Correct.

I see the 'if you Like' hint went over your head. Lol.

fake it till you make it

• @daz said:

@MaxMind said:

@daz said:

@MaxMind said:

@daz said:

Correct.

I see the 'if you Like' hint went over your head. Lol.

Don't understand sorry

• First and foremost pasteurization is used to kill bacteria, good or bad. Any probiotic affect you would have otherwise received from the the beneficial bacteria in the raw milk is nullified by the heat. Homogenization mechanically damages the fat from milk.
    The heat used in pasteurization denatures the protein in milk, making it harder to digest.
    If lactose intolerance is an issue, cultured dairy may be an option. Some probiotic cultures contain bacteria that consume the sugar lactose, like Lactobacillus, rendering it lactose free or at least very low in lactose.
    A good book that I recommend on the subject of milk is The Untold Story Of Milk by Ron Schmid, ND