Ketoprime (OAA)

Hi.

I discovered the Bullet Proof diet through a friend.

Really great information backed by science.

Does anybody know if there has been any measurable scientific studies done on this supplement?

I read that some amounts of glutamate is healthy for proper brain function, will this supplement upset the balance if taken regularly over a lifetime?

Comments

• mistamista
    edited December 2016

I'm curious if 100mg is a high enough dose. I found these studies where they're doing clinical trials of 2 grams per day.

https://www.nia.nih.gov/alzheimers/clinical-trials/trial-oxaloacetate-alzheimers-disease-toad

That's 2/3 of an entire $60 bottle of KetoPrime worth of OAA per day... I've read that malic acid converts to OAA -- when I take Magnesium Malate + Citrulline Malate (1:1), I have to be getting several grams of malate.

On the other hand, I'm already supplementing 1-2mg of methyl-b12, where this adds another 1,000mcg on top. At 3mg, that's approaching a daily value of 125,000%.... that's 3+years worth per day.)

I'm intrigued, but not totally sold.

• mista, what brand methyl-b12 you take? Thank you.

• mistamista
    edited December 2016

@MangoCurry said:
    mista, what brand methyl-b12 you take? Thank you.

Right now, I'm using Ben Lynch's b12 lozenge with the added adenosyl-b12 (mitochondrial form.) I usually go Coffee, Breakfast, B12, Coffee... and my morning is fired up.