losing the last 5-10 pounds in the quest for a defined midsection(abs)

I read a couple places that if you want to get really lean like visible abs that it might be a good idea to drop the bulletproof coffee in the morning. What are your guys thoughts on this. I've been on the bulletproof diet for about 12 weeks and am a pretty lean and muscular guy, but have kind of plaeued in losing the last 5-8 pounds to have the abs I want. If anyone has ever stopped drinking the bulletproof coffee in the morning for a short period of time to lose more fat please share your experience. thanks :)

Tagged:

Comments

• After doing BP coffee for 2-3 years I found I was pretty well fat adapted and didn't need it for the energy so switched to black coffee. Obviously if you're burning body fat to produce ketones endogenously vs consuming them in coffee you will lean out faster. Doing one meal a day + fasted HIIT cardio I got ripped pretty quickly.

• @apollo69 said:
    After doing BP coffee for 2-3 years I found I was pretty well fat adapted and didn't need it for the energy so switched to black coffee. Obviously if you're burning body fat to produce ketones endogenously vs consuming them in coffee you will lean out faster. Doing one meal a day + fasted HIIT cardio I got ripped pretty quickly.

Please elaborate? This is what I have been trying to accomplish - I know I have ripped abs underneath that thin veil of left-over fat. Did you stop BP coffee altogether? Did you keep the rest of daily food intake? How many days/week did you do 1 meal a day in combination with fasted HIIT cardio. I am determined to get results before summer as a personal goal. Thank you, apollo69!

• Most people have visible abs at 8 - 10 bf %. You dont need to under 6%.You alsodon't need to cut your caloric intake that much. Just need to know when you're​ eat. Don't listen to food/supplement industry & eat 5, 6 times/day. This will induce an insulin response, making it impossible to burn fat. People don't realize that even protein can do this to some degree. Fat doesn't. 2 meals a day atleast 5 hours apart is ideal​. Bullet proof Coffee does not induce insulin response. The MCTs combined with caffeine will aid you. Also, try to workout in fasted or semi-fasted state. Hope this helps!

• @jdevitto said:
    Most people have visible abs at 8 - 10 bf %. You dont need to under 6%.You alsodon't need to cut your caloric intake that much. Just need to know when you're​ eat. Don't listen to food/supplement industry & eat 5, 6 times/day. This will induce an insulin response, making it impossible to burn fat. People don't realize that even protein can do this to some degree. Fat doesn't. 2 meals a day atleast 5 hours apart is ideal​. Bullet proof Coffee does not induce insulin response. The MCTs combined with caffeine will aid you. Also, try to workout in fasted or semi-fasted state. Hope this helps!

My bf is about 8-9%, but I still have little enough abdominal fat that you still can't really see my "abs" - I know I have a strong core. I am trying out HiiT workouts in fasted or semi-fasted state. And of course, all things bulletproof. I am hoping this works. Thanks!