Bulletproof Ground Beef

How do you guys season and cook your ground beef where it's delicious and BP??

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Pink Himalayan sea salt and turmeric ( =

• Sea Salt and turmeric would be a good start, but you might buy some fresh herbs, like parsley and oregano, dice a little up in the food processor (or mince finely with a knife), also some green onions, chopped fine and maybe some celery diced or processed down to minced size, shred some carrots in for a little moisture and sweetness. Add 1 egg, beaten to make it hold together well and work it into the meat. Make a patty with all this or form into a meatloaf for slicing. Top with more herbs and minced onion. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees. Just about 20 minutes for patties, but probably more like 30 minutes for a loaf -- if thick loaf, 45 minutes. It will be yummy!

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Personally, I like to season ground beef with a mix of salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and a touch of turmeric. I add in onion and garlic, cook it in butter or ghee, and then enjoy it with a bit of salsa. It's really good atop a bed of white rice. Not a strict Bulletproof preparation, however.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Does anyone know how to make meatloaf or meatballs that are not hard as a rock? Pre-BP, I used either oatmeal or bread crumbs to make the texture light. I don't know what to use instead. My Gluten free bread crumbs turned to mush and didn't do the job.

• jcg3jcg3 ✭✭

This recipe uses "almond meal or flour":

http://www.stayfitmom.com/easy-paleo-homestyle-meatloaf/

When I'm looking for a recipe I'll often google for "paleo meatloaf" or "whole 30 meatloaf" - the results will usually be pretty close to bulletproof, or close enough to adjust.

On the original topic - I usually just season my ground beef with salt. Then I'll eat it plain, with salsa, with guacamole, or any other seasonings added at meal-time. I've found really good ground beef is plenty flavorful on its own... and I normally associate heavily seasoned meals or dishes with a cook trying to cover up the flavor of low quality meat (like at a restaurant). Your mileage may vary.