Feel Terrible Day 1 of 14 Day Plan from Bullet Proof Diet book. No advice in book.

And there is no talk about what to do when tired/hungry/moody. Dave Asprey writes as if Day 1 is bliss and all 14 days are bliss when you switch to Bulletproof diet. How does one deal with sugar withdrawal and carb withdrawal and toxins flooding system. Seems irresponsible and dishonest of him to act like its all bliss from Day 1.

Tagged:

Comments

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

I have not read the book...but does it recommend supplements to help with this ?

fake it till you make it

• edited January 2017

Depending on your carb intake (which I'm assuming is low), youre probably loosing a lot of water. It's important to stay hydrated and supplement with electrolytes- use sea salt a few times in your water throughout the day and grab some potassium and magnesium supplements. I use a calcium, magnesium and vitamin D supplement, I'd highly recommened. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZR6R898/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Make sure to stay well-hydrated . I remember the sugar withdrawals I was getting like it was yesterday. Dave mentions a little about the "keto-flu" in the book, but its a b*tch no matter what. If you're going from a high carb diet straight to Bulletproof, it might feel like crap for a couple days, but stick with it and you'll love it and feel great eventually.

Also- when entering keto for the first time, try not to exercise or stress yourself out too much. You're body is probably stressed enough getting used to the change- use the weak and crappy feeling to treat it like a sick day and kick back and watch some movies/documentaries or read. Couple weeks, you'll be kicking ass. Good luck, keep us posted!

• Bull of HeavenBull of Heaven ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

@antiship100

While I can somewhat agree with and understand how you may currently be feeling. Especially in conjunction with the marketing promises the BP Brand makes...
    Did you really expected to change your diet and immediately feel great for the rest of your life?

The trickiest part to diet, health, and wellness is to be able to make accurate evaluations of your physical and mental health states and making the best the decisions based upon those evaluations.

Its hard to tell when you need to excise more discipline...Generally speaking:

When you are hungry; eat.

When you are tired; rest.

When you are moody; meditate, pray, reflect.

I hope you are feeling better.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Thank you Jay. very helpful. bull of heaven, I have never expected to feel great immediately with major diet changes, but in this case I expected to feel OK because on nearly every page of his book Dave Asprey tells you that you will feel great day 1. He paints an unrealistic picture by never addressing the inevitable adjustment period in his 14 day strict diet. It's this snake oil falseness that dents his credibility and annoys me. That said, he obviously has helped a huge number of people live better lives so I'm not going to write him completely off. Anyway, slightly better today. Will hang in there with some more water and supplements and hopefully feel better . Thank you both for your feedback.

• I think a lot of people starting BP have already dabbled with a paleo or keto lifestyle more or less, or have made significant efforts with their diet/lifestyle prior. I'm sure you have too if youve stumbled accross BP, but change is def tough. Bull of Heaven gives great advice too that I'm glad I came back to read. When you stick with BP foods when your hungry, your hunger paings definitely subsibe over time and fasting is relatively easy...sort of lol. Good luck !

• FWIW, I have gone on lots of diets before this. Low carb, no carb, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystems, Hyman, everything. I will say that, on this diet, the carb withdrawals were significantly less than on any other -- almost nonexistent, in fact. On day 2, I was a little hungry an hour or two before lunch, but other than that, no cravings or hunger. I'm assuming that the high fats helped. But I would guess that the experience is different for everyone.

• I ordered InstaKetones and they have helped me tremendously with the carb flu, the fatigue, moodiness, headache, etc. They taste icky but it helped me through the tough part.