In ketosis but slight increase in glucose

I've observed the following several times now. When going into and while in ketosis my glucose is sometimes range bound with little variance but then I get these slight spike ups...

My typical fasting glucose is 82-85. While in ketosis i've seen it lower, but what I wonder about is when it increases. This morning my reading was 0.7mmol with glucose of 97. I've been awake for 3 hours and all I've had is BP coffee (using kerry gold & brain octane).

I think ive seen an explanation before where growth hormone is a factor in this, but I can't find the reference. I know its not a huge fluctuation and the numbers are in a good range. I just wonder why its sometimes stable in the high 70's to low 80's and other times its in the high 90's.

Lots more testing to do on my part, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

More detail: Last week I was in ketosis most of the week. I've only recently started writing down my data, so I thought I would include it. I know its only 1 days worth of prior data but I did have some interesting readings..

Date/Time Glucose Blood Ketonix
1/4/17 12:00 PM 82 1.2 6.1
1/4/17 4:00 PM 82 2.2 7.7
1/4/17 9:30 PM 94 1.2 11.1
1/8/17 10:30 AM 97 0.07 na

This weekend I ate well except for 2 nights ago when I had some pasta and wine at a company holiday party. So basically I should be re-entering ketosis today

Comments

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited January 8

two 'terms' come to mind, one of which may jog your memory, or get you googling...
    HGH (human growth hormone).
    Insulin Resistance.

• Has anyone had experience with insulin resistance (metabolic syndrome) being improved with this
    Diet?

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

@elmo said:
    Has anyone had experience with insulin resistance (metabolic syndrome) being improved with this
    Diet?

Low carb diets generally harm insulin sensitivity, thus making the IR worse. The body "forgets" how to handle carbs.