Best snacks for staying in Ketosis? How about any nuts?

Comments

• edited January 2017

Low sugar is also important

• Beef jerky might work, but be careful because a lot of them use sugar. Also, while it's fine for staying in ketosis, I don't know that it's a good bulletproof choice, because the nitrates and other additives are likely to contain toxins that are less bulletproof. I like the chocolate pudding recipe from the book. Very low in carbs, but that takes prep. Also, some cooked veggies (not carrots) with either a tapenade dip or almond butter would work. You can make the tapenade in advance and store it in the fridge for a week or two. How about wrapping some smoked salmon around a cucumber and some butter or around a slice of avocado?

• Thanks for that info I didn't even think of beef jerky, and I know a place that makes good quality jerky.. I cook a lot already, definitly looking for things that are just as easy as a bulletproof bar, I feel like nuts would be a good option, like the ones at the top of the bulletproof roadmap I just dont know if they are a good option for Ketosis

• @JonathanBryce said:
    Thanks for that info I didn't even think of beef jerky, and I know a place that makes good quality jerky.. I cook a lot already, definitly looking for things that are just as easy as a bulletproof bar, I feel like nuts would be a good option, like the ones at the top of the bulletproof roadmap I just dont know if they are a good option for Ketosis

Nuts wouldn't kick you out of ketosis. But he states that a lot of them have molds and toxins, so not good for the diet. Apparently, Macadamias are the safest.

• Fat.
    Almond and cashew butter, just watch the carbs with the cashews. You can mix that with butter.

I mean to remember that Dave said 15 grams of carbs take you out of ketosis.

I red from a mother who made frozen cashew butter bites for her son as little fat sweets.
    I recently blended some almonds, cashews, coconutmilk and vanilla into something tasty and creamy.
    But as said, if you want to be accurate rather measure the amounts for the carbs.
    High quality unsweetend chocolate is another way.
    Another cup of BPC or decaf BPC if too much caffeine otherwise.

With BP sweetener like stevia and hardwood xylitol, different kinds of BP fats like butter, coconut oil, almond butter, cacao butter, small amounts of cashew butter and seasonings like real vanilla cinnamon, high quality chocolate powder, coffee powder etc. you can make tasty fat bombs in advance and freeze them.

Just mix what tastes good to you, mak a big amount and freeze it in servings for future use.

Maybe eggs and bacon are also a fast way.

Google fat bombs and select some BP recipes or alternate some ingredients if necessary.

Enjoy!